I have a weird looking deformed sunflower growng in my garden that has 6 heads on it.

I took a photograph of it and sent it to my local paper who came to take photographs of me and my Mum (who grew it from it from the seed) with the flower and they ran an article on it.

Well, today, I had a reporter came to my house asking if he could take a photograph of it for the National newspapers!! Wow!!

Apparently, this press office go through the stories in the local papers to see if theres anything that the national papers might be interested in.

He took loads and loads of photographs and I've smiled, pointed, looked at the flower and looked at him until my arms and jaw ache!!

He was in my house for four hours partly due to the amount of photographs he took and the equipment he set up, but also because he locked his keys and cameras in his car and had to wait  for the AA to come and unlock his car!!!! Oops!!

He was such a lovely guy though and we chatted about photography and about some of the celebrities he's photographed. He likes Michael Bolton too.

Well, I guess you all want to see this amazing flower? So here it is. 

Isnt it beautiful even if it is a little weird.

Love Jennifer XXX

Views: 189

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

it is beautiful, I wish that was in my garden, my dad is a crazy gardener, grows everything in our back garden, sunflowers is something I ask for every year so I can photograph them and yet again still none of them have come up, I think something has munched away at them!!!

some photos from my garden! http://www.ozlemmehmet.co.uk/misc

oz.x
Very nice Oz
Lovely picture's
thanks for sharing
Love Dianna xxx
It's very pretty and yes a little weird! I've never seen a sunflower grow like that..
Robin :)
Jennifer how glorious is that I have never seen any sunflower like that!!!
Sounds like a lovely man
Thanks for sharing!
Love Dianna xxx
Oh my goodness Jennifer...that is the neatest flower I've ever seen. Be sure to post whatever ends up in the newspaper.
Jenn it is very different but beautiful in its own way!!! Hope we get to see the clip from the National News! Thanks for sharing!!
Love Eileen xoxo
Different can be a good thing.Well done Jenn ,post the article when its in the papers.Congrats ,always knew you would end up in the papers just thought it might be for your singing ,not a flower ,lol.xx
Hi, Jennifer and Oz
Beautiful flower, !!! sunflowers is one of my favorite one and great pics, congrats !!!
Take care
Mariu
Hi Jennifer and Oz

congratulations for both, beautiful pictures!
ciao
SilvyXX
Well, I didnt hear anything from the National newspapers after the photographer came to take photographs.

He said he would e-mail me some of the photographs that he took so when or if he does, I will post one or two on here for you to see.

I hope that nobody else wants to come and see it becasue its well past its best now and is looking really sad.

Love Jennifer XXX
Hi Jennifer, I showed my dad your sunflower, he gets many newspapers everyday and is a keen gardener too, anything to do with flowers he wont miss! He will tell me if he spots the 6 headed sunflower!

oz.x
So glad I looked through the posts today and saw your beautiful and God blessed sunflower. I am a sunflower and Van Gogh lover so I am very impressed. Wonderful that you have made the sheets for such a neat some would say accident but we know God gave you something special to make your summer the best. Have a great one! Same to all the Bolton Buzzers especially our sweet Mary. Love ya! Gwen(-:

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service