http://youtu.be/rHSVQLWRWb0  -  Painting in the orchard

http://youtu.be/O4OLFK_O3Z4 - Singing to the trees

Michael Bolton follows up his Optimum campaign with a cameo in the Starburst ads  part of a new campaign from DDB Chicago that offers theories on why the candy is so "Unexplainably juicy." In "Orchard," it's because Bolton serenades trees whose fruit then becomes extra luscious, obviously. Another spot says it has something to do with Keyboard Cat and dragon tears. The spots were directed by Andy McLeod of Rattling Stick.

Sylvia    Your wee Scottish friend

Views: 7261

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Sylvia, thanks so much for that detailed description! Girl, you know  in the movie "Jerry McGuire", the quote: "You had me at 'Hello'"? Well in this commercial, Michael had me at "singing to the trees"! lol the mere concept of it is just hilarious to me and I'm laughing to myself just thinking about it... Now as far as  SON, I really can't wait until the track list for the foreign releases is announced, because I'm going to be an unhappy camper if it's not on there. I just don't want to buy the Wallmart CD for that one song, but since we're expecting at least "Money", SON  and hopefully more on those, I'm waiting impatiently right now... So if you hear anything, please let me know. Take care Sylvia. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada

Hi Sylvia, well, since we've heard "Somethin' out of nothin'" now, we can definitely say the song in the commercial is not it. A friend suggested maybe they recorded that little bit only for the commercial, but I think it's too elaborate to be a "pretend" song just for the trees. JMO I guess we'll find out soon enough. Take care Sylvia. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada

Yeah of course it is not "Somethin' Out Of Nothin'" will need to have a closer listen to that one in advert.....get earphones on and see if can pick up some hint in it !!

Sylvia.   Your wee Scottish friend.

Everytime  I see Starburst in my Candy aisle that I work in....and M&M's I can't help but think of Michael:)! I know I'm a little Crazy:)! LOL! But in a good way!!!

Mary (meg's mom)!

Crazy about Michael that is!

Joy ;)

NJ

Sylvie B & Robin R (CA) my icon is a pic of the cartoon cat, The Cheshire Cat from Alice In Wonderland.

He is purple with red stripes and is famous for his huge smile.  On the pic it says "We're All a Little Crazy Here"                                                      

Hey Joy,

I like that Icon, and yes we all are a little crazy around here, but that's Why our Michael loves Us:)!

Mary (Meg's mom)!

Hey Gail, disregarding the alegations, you gotta love the title of the article! :D Thanks for posting this sweetie, take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada

P.S.: Yes I did notice this article came from Canada... :D 

Kind of straight to the point is Jeff, isn't he ??? lol.   Must admit I do quite like the description of "King of the Nudge n' Wink" but we will forget about the slow hand clap...thank you !!!

Thanks for article Gail !! :)

Sylvia.  Your wee Scottish friend.

Thanks Gail...even though that writer is quite snarky...lol I thought those types had died off!! I rather like that Michael is able to make a candy..."juicier"....hmmmmmm...LOL

Kathy and LAFD Bob 

Hi Gail,

Thanks for the articles and here is another.

http://www.businessinsider.com/ad-of-the-day-michael-bolton-starbur...

OMG that was soooo Cute, singing to the Trees....only Michael would do that! He's not 60, he's going backwards:)! LOL!

Mary (m&m's)!

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service