http://youtu.be/rHSVQLWRWb0  -  Painting in the orchard

http://youtu.be/O4OLFK_O3Z4 - Singing to the trees

Michael Bolton follows up his Optimum campaign with a cameo in the Starburst ads  part of a new campaign from DDB Chicago that offers theories on why the candy is so "Unexplainably juicy." In "Orchard," it's because Bolton serenades trees whose fruit then becomes extra luscious, obviously. Another spot says it has something to do with Keyboard Cat and dragon tears. The spots were directed by Andy McLeod of Rattling Stick.

Sylvia    Your wee Scottish friend

Views: 7261

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Any idea if the Starburst commercials will air in the U.S.??

Anna (in MO)

Anna, I'm thinking it will. 

Thanks for all the info..

Robin in MD :)

Hope so!!!! Thanks Gail.

Kathy T. :-)

Lokking at this picture, I can't help but think of Willie Wonka....where are the Ooompa loompa's? LMBO! Now I gotta hear what he is saying, or singing! He's Hilarious:)!

Mary (meg's mom)!

Hey Sylvie, I check in everynight...but I missed this al-together!

Hey Mary, glad to hear you check in every night, but I'm happy it was worth sending it to you sweetie, take care. Big hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada

Link into adweek's top 10 commercials for the week and Michael with his Starburst commercial is in 5th place......way to go Michael, keep singing to those trees son !!!! LOL.

http://www.adweek.com/news-gallery/advertising-branding/adweeks-top...

Sylvia.   Your wee Scottish friend.

Way to go Michael!!!LOL Thanks Sylvia!

Robin in MD :)

Great news!! Thanks Sylvia for keeping us informed :)))) I LOVED the 2 commercials...wish they were longer!!! lol

Kathy and LAFD Bob

Found this article, and wasn't going to even put it here. I think Mr. Lazare needs to do some research before he writes from now on. "15 minutes of fame and then he sort of disappeared"??? I have heard a few people say the same thing, "Oh he must need money, he's doing commercials now!" It makes me so mad.  Of course then I tell them, you just don't know he's still making records,touring all over the world.  He's just not played on Top 40 radio, so you think he is fat and retired.  Well, he is sort of making a comeback as we all know into something totally unexpected-TV and more!
Joy
NJ
May 15, 2013, 11:35am CDT Updated: May 15, 2013, 1:14pm CDT

Is Michael Bolton making a comeback with Starburst?

Michael Bolton croons to the juice trees in a new Starburst candy spot from DDB/Chicago.

Michael Bolton croons to the juice trees in a new Starburst candy spot from DDB/Chicago.

Lewis Lazare
Reporter- Chicago Business Journal
Email | Twitter

Among true connoisseurs of the crooner's art, Michael Bolton has been the butt of plenty of jokes in the years since he burst on to the scene and became a heart throb of sort.

Then when his 15 minutes was up, he sort of disappeared.

Now most people want to know if he is he for real, or what? Oh, he's still for real. It's just that now he's taken his singing and put it to work on behalf of Starburst in a new commercial from DDB/Chicago.

Hey, it may be advertising. But Bolton's still out there.

This time around, however, he's singing to a bunch of trees that supposedly produce the juiciest flavors in the world. How do the flavors become so juicy? Well, it's the so-called "Boltonizing" that does it apparently, if one is to believe the premise of this campy exercise in product advertising.

According to a DDB spokeswoman, Bolton got the nod for this ad project because he possessed the smooth voice and comedic chops the spot required. Plus the DDB creative team felt viewers would be amused to see Bolton singing his heart out in the middle of a comic book orchard.

Well, the sight is unexpected and mildly amusing. And perhaps a prelude to Bolton making a comeback as a major singing sensation? Stranger things have happened.

But for now, Starburst has Bolton. And Bolton has a different kind of platform for his singing.

Starburst is manufactured by chewing gum behemoth the Wrigley Co., a subsidiary of candy giant Mars.

See quite a bit of that stuff on Twitter, if that is where you picked it up, and most of the time I just ignore.....read a few lines and just close it down.

Believe a lot of times when some of these journalists write rotten stuff about anyone all they are looking for is publicity for themselves and they get it when someone cares about what they say !!  Also too, there is the other way to look at it, that any publicity, good or bad, is publicity and puts a name in peoples' minds !!! :)

Thanks for finding and putting on here Joy !! :)

Sylvia.  Your wee Scottish friend.

This morning as I was getting ready to head out for work, I had my back to the TV, and then all of a sudden I hear someone talking about Michael Bolton singing to the fruit trees:)! LOL! Mind you it wasn't the Starburst commercial, just someone talking about our Michael:)! Nothing wrong with that!

Mary (meg's mom)!

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service