Hi fans....I just got a great idea which sprang from Michael's beautiful rendition of Sweet Home Chicago. Let's petition to get Michael on the Oprah Show for her final season. I am sure most of you remember him appearing on her show and singing her all time favorite...White Christmas. Well.....let's do it again! What a hoot it would be to FILL Oprah's studio with all of Michael's die hard fans from this forum and beyond! Of course we love Oprah also :) What a great time would be had by all. All you have to do is go to Oprah.com and scroll down to where it says...who do you want to see on the shows final year. I have already written to her and warned her that loads of Michael Bolton fans will be writing in requests. So let's go everyone...fill out a request and keep our fingers crossed!!

Kathy and LAFd Bob 

Views: 2339

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You sure are on a health kick Kathy with your drinks - cranberry juice and pomegranate juice, what comes next ?? :) 

I suppose really we should keep our hopes up because Michael isn't touring for the next couple of weeks and if the album is finished he could maybe have a little hour or two on his hands - I will keep track of things on Twitter because she has been announcing a lot of stuff for her show everyday now !! :)

Sylvia.   Your wee Scottish friend.

Me too Sylvia, I follow Oprah on there also.. Lots of stuff coming out about the last shows she has left now..would be a wonderful surprise for us all wouldn't it!!!! :)

Robin in MD :)

Thank you my well connected and plugged in tech savvy friends Robin Md and Sylvia!!!! What would I do without you??? Thanks :)    Oh...and there was orange juice!!! LOL

Kathy and LAFD Bob

Sorry Kathy, let me rephrase that: it ain’t over ‘til it’s over! At least wait until May 25 before you feel defeated, okay? Chin up and smile! And Sylvia, thanks for the pep talk and the glimmer of hope and to you and Robin for the updates! Take care girls. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

Hi all, I just wanted to post one last time on here. It’s just unreal  to think Oprah won’t be on our local TV channels any more. Anyway, I get messages forewarning of the contents on upcoming Oprah shows and apparently, there’ll be a huge surprise star-studded extravaganza over the next couple of days. Whether this will be  surprises that have come about over the past 25 years or new surprises, I don’t know, but I think it’s definitely worth a look. Conveniently, someone seems to have a hole in their schedule tomorrow… :D  This is the excerpt from the newsletter:

“May 22, 2011

MONDAY'S SHOW: Surprise, Oprah! A Farewell Spectacular - Part 1

The greatest, grandest, most spectacular surprise ever…and Oprah has no idea! We pulled it off with the help of some of the biggest stars on the planet. See living legends, once-in-a-lifetime performances, Ultimate Viewers and the ultimate tribute. A two-day farewell event.”

Who knows, that’s all I have to say. Take care everyone and all we can say is that it hasn’t been for the lack of trying or campaigning that we haven’t succeeded and at the very least, I have personally enjoyed sharing experiences and Oprah memories on here. Take care Team-Dare! :D Hugs to all, Sylvie from Canada xxx

But isn't MB touring overseas or something? I should look at the events list. Boltonnut from L. A. CA I don't think I've watched Oprahsince Michael was on. I'm a big fan of hers, right? Not! :) Sorry but I'm not but I'll even watch MB on a sit com. I will.  

That is a good point Sylvie - he has got a day free ....oh, wouldn't that be wonderful if he does appear on the show because you feel her farewell just wouldn't be complete without Michael !!  Oh, I do hope you have solved that problem Sylvie with that free day !!!  :)

As Sylvie says : Take care Team-Dare : we tried hard and if we didn't win this one we will win the next, whatever it be !!!!!! LOL.

Sylvia.   Your wee Scottish friend.

Hi Syls Duo and Robin R.....Team - Dare will roll right on to our next adventure!!! Join if you care to dare!!! lol

Kathy and LAFD Bob

Hi Sylvie...the Oprah show has been showing small clips from her final farewell a lot on tv. Lots of stars are appearing and it is being held in a HUGE stadium with thousands of attendees. Let's hope Michael does perform a goodbye song for her and hey....maybe our campaign was the impetus for her to remember to include him in the farewell. Oprah states that her staff is surprising her with the line up and she doesn't know who will be appearing. Hopefully some staff members read our letters!!!! You never know...there still could be a tv special in the works or even a guest spot for Michael on her new OWN network. One door closes and another one opens :) I'm just saying.......lol Thanks to every one of you great fans who did write in and I strongly believe our words weren't wasted and ONLY time will tell!!!!! Patience....ahhhhhh :)

Kathy and LAFD Bob

Hi Kathy, I just wanted to add a quick comment... Is it just me or did the Oprah show miss 2 huge opportunities to squeeze Michael in yesterday's show? Well, in any case, it sounds like it was pre-taped so there's still one last flicker of hope... It ain't over til it's over... Take care sweetie. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada
I didn't see Oprah yesterday. Somehow, I doubt he'll be on but if so, let me know. Is today her last show? boltonnut from L. A. CA
Hi Sylvi and Robin R...I believe her last show is Wed. I actually missed Oprah yesterday :/ Sounds like he wasn't on though. I would hope we would have been notified if he had appeared. It was all taped I think last week sometime or maybe even sooner :/ Have to record today's show and see if he makes it on there. I guess Wed. show is her big goodbye... :( Boy ..what a void that will be!!!!
Kathy and LAFD Bob

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service