Miscellany but exceptionally relevant information about, or from Michael on, MB.

Thought I would start this thread for there does appear, at times, to be different relevant articles, tweets, retweets, pictures etc relating to Michael but not really fitting into an already recognized thread nor, each of them individually, being able to be grouped together where a relevant thread could be started and so decided on this "Miscellany" thread.   

I hope you agree with its relevance and that you enjoy everything that is put in as well as hoping that many will find interesting tidbits about Michael that can be included and help to make this, whilst a serious sharing of information, a FUN page to be able to visit too and, as is my intention, somewhere that everything which does not have a particular "home" can be placed, so that is all grouped together and can be easily found and located if someone wants to look at.

Here now, so that we can all focus on the main reason for this thread, is a beautiful picture of the "Theme" of the thread.......wonder if MB has ever been called that before ???? LOL. 

Believe this one definitely belongs in here for I would say sharing with us that coconut sorbet is his favourite dessert is both miscellaneous and more than extremely relevant to the "THEME" of this website and in particular, to this thread  !! LOL.

Hope everyone enjoys content and feels free to add their very own miscellany !!! :)

SPECIAL POSTS    

MICHAEL DID A QUESTION AND ANSWER SESSION ON FACEBOOK ON 3RD FEBRUARY, 2015 AND THOSE QUESTIONS TO WHICH MICHAEL REPLIED CAN BE FOUND ON THIS THREAD FROM PAGE 259 TO 266.

A separate thread has been created for the Q&A Session and it can be found at  http://www.michaelbolton.com/forum/topics/michael-s-question-and-an...

Sylvia.   Your wee Scottish friend.

Views: 115215

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

http://t.co/Nh5RWNYoO8

Bridget's guests this week were Michael Bolton promoting his new album 'Ain’t No Mountain High Enough – A Tribute

Merci Katia pour le lien! I don't think Michael slept while in the U.K! lol Katia, peux-tu mettre le lien sur le blog "U.K. appearances"?  On essaie de tous les avoir ensemble. Merci encore ma  belle, porte-toi bien! Câlins, sincèrement, Sylvie QC Canada :D

I thanked Katia for the link and asked her to put it on the U.K. appearance blog so they're all together.

Great interview Katia and thanks for bringing it over here !!! :)    Merci !!! :)

Just want to add that Michael's interview comes on at 1.23 on time bar.

Sylvia.  Your wee Scottish friend.

Thanks for the precision Sylvia, much appreciated, take care. Hugs, sincerely, sylvie QC Canada

Hello everyone .

LE JOURNAL DU QUEBEC 

Un voyage musical entre les styles et les époques

Michael Bolton promet de livrer la plupart de ses succès à Québec e...

SANDRA GODIN

AGENCE QMI, PUBLIÉ LE: SAMEDI 08 FÉVRIER 2014, 24H00 | MISE À JOUR: SAMEDI 08 FÉVRIER 2014, 24H05

US-CITY-OF-HOPE-SPIRIT-OF-LIFE-GALA-HONORING-ROB-LIGHT

PHOTO D’ARCHIVES

Michael Bolton travaille présentement sur un nouvel album original.

Le légendaire Michael Bolton sera au Québec le temps de deux concerts, soit lundi dans la Capitale et mercredi à Montréal. Le chanteur a accepté de répondre à nos questions, trois ans après son passage dans la Belle Province, en 2010.

Vous êtes en pleine tournée mondiale. Qu’est-ce que vous proposez au public comme spectacle ?

Je livre toujours la plupart de mes succès à chaque spectacle dans le monde entier. Les fans les demandent parce qu’ils ont marqué des moments importants de leur vie. Au fil des ans, j’explore et j’enregistre du nouveau matériel, je tiens à prendre quelques chansons du nouvel album et les partager avec le public. Le spectacle est toujours un peu différent. J’essaie de m’assurer que le concert est un voyage musical riche entre les différents genres et les époques.

Qui vous accompagne sur scène ?

J’ai un groupe incroyable composé de deux claviers, guitare, basse, batterie, saxophone, trompette… et quelques chanteurs ainsi qu’une chanteuse en duo absolument incroyable. Ils jouent avec moi partout dans le monde.

Pourquoi est-ce important pour vous d’arrêter au Québec pendant votre tournée mondiale ?

Québec m’a montré beaucoup d’amour et de soutien, et l’ensemble du Canada a toujours été important pour moi dans ma tournée. Je suis reconnaissant que ma musique ait été adoptée au Québec et dans tout le pays depuis 1987. Avoir une base de fans à l’extérieur de chez moi n’est pas quelque chose que je prends à la légère et que je ne tiens pas pour acquis. Le Canada est un pays magnifique et les gens sont toujours très aimables et ouverts avec moi. Je suis vraiment reconnaissant.

Vous travaillez sur un nouvel album original. Qu’est-ce qui vous inspire ?

Je travaille constamment sur des chansons. J’ai beaucoup d’idées quand je voyage. J’écris des titres, des paroles et des mélodies sur des serviettes ou des bouts de papier, que nous ne voudrions pas oublier. Je suis inspiré par la vie en observant les relations, l’amour, la famille et les amis. Je suis aussi encouragé par le retour de la mélodie dans la musique contemporaine, et de grands chanteurs comme Rihanna, Beyonce, Adele et Katy Perry et bien d’autres qui font évoluer la musique.

Mon plan est toujours de faire des chansons intemporelles, des mélodies mémorables, et des paroles qui résonnent, que les gens vont ressentir. Bien sûr, tout en travaillant avec les jeunes producteurs dont le son va être différent de celui des enregistrements que je faisais il y a 20 ans.

Bonsoir Françoise,

Génial ! cool ! Merci ma Boltonette

Katia

Merci Françoise! Je suis si heureuse de lire des articles et surtout des articles différents écrits ici au Québec! J'aime qu'ils le qualifient de "légendaire" et surtout de lire qu'il sait qu'il est aprécié ici. Merci aussi pour la traduction ma belle! Fais attention à toi et à bientôt. Câlins, sincèrement, Sylvie QC Canada :D

I thanked Françoise for the article and translation. I'm so tickled to read different articles written here in Quebec. I love that they called Michael "legendary" and loved to read that he knows he's appreciated here.

Traduction in English 

DIARY OF QUEBEC

A musical journey between styles and eras

Michael Bolton promises to deliver most of its success in Quebec e ...

SANDRA GODIN
QMI AGENCY , THE POSTED : Saturday, February 8, 2014 , 24:00 | UPDATE: Saturday, February 8, 2014 , 24H05

US- CITY- OF- HOPE- SPIRIT- OF- LIFE GALA Honoring -ROB -LIGHT
PHOTO ARCHIVE
Michael Bolton is currently working on a new original album.

Bookmark and Share

The legendary Michael Bolton will be in Quebec time two concerts, which are Monday and Wednesday in the Capital in Montreal. The singer has agreed to answer our questions , three years after its passage in La Belle Province in 2010.
You are surrounded by a world tour. What you offer to the public as show?
I always book most of my success at every show in the world. Asking the fans because they have marked important moments in their lives. Over the years , I explore and I record new material , I want to take a few songs from the new album and share them with the public. The show is always a little different. I try to ensure that the concert is a rich musical journey between different genres and eras .
Accompanying you on stage?
I have an incredible group of two keyboards, guitar , bass, drums , saxophone , trumpet ... and some singers and a singer duo absolutely amazing. They play with me everywhere .
Why is it important for you to stop in Quebec during your world tour ?
Quebec has shown me much love and support, and all of Canada has always been important to me in my tour. I am grateful that my music has been adopted in Quebec and across the country since 1987. Have a fan base outside of me is not something I take lightly and I do not take it for granted . Canada is a beautiful country and the people are always very friendly and open with me. I am truly grateful .
Working on a new original album. What inspires you?
I'm constantly working on songs . I have many ideas when I travel. I write songs , lyrics and melodies on napkins or scraps of paper that we would not forget. I am inspired by life in observing relationships, love, family and friends . I am also encouraged by the return of the melody in contemporary music , and great singers like Rihanna, Beyonce, Adele and Katy Perry and many others are changing the music.
My plan is always to make timeless songs , memorable melodies and lyrics that resonate , that people will feel . Of course, while working with young producers whose sound will be different from the records that I was there 20 years.

Thank you Francoise...a very nice article :). Less than 72 hours to concert time, Sylvie. You and all attending have a fabulous time !!!! :))). Big Hugs,

Kathy T. :)

Thanks for all articles everyone. Love them.

A nice report! Thanks for the great finding, Francoise!!!

Petra Christine (Germany)

Merci Francoise for bringing this article over !!! :)

Sylvia.   Your wee Scottish friend.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service