Miscellany but exceptionally relevant information about, or from Michael on, MB.

Thought I would start this thread for there does appear, at times, to be different relevant articles, tweets, retweets, pictures etc relating to Michael but not really fitting into an already recognized thread nor, each of them individually, being able to be grouped together where a relevant thread could be started and so decided on this "Miscellany" thread.   

I hope you agree with its relevance and that you enjoy everything that is put in as well as hoping that many will find interesting tidbits about Michael that can be included and help to make this, whilst a serious sharing of information, a FUN page to be able to visit too and, as is my intention, somewhere that everything which does not have a particular "home" can be placed, so that is all grouped together and can be easily found and located if someone wants to look at.

Here now, so that we can all focus on the main reason for this thread, is a beautiful picture of the "Theme" of the thread.......wonder if MB has ever been called that before ???? LOL. 

Believe this one definitely belongs in here for I would say sharing with us that coconut sorbet is his favourite dessert is both miscellaneous and more than extremely relevant to the "THEME" of this website and in particular, to this thread  !! LOL.

Hope everyone enjoys content and feels free to add their very own miscellany !!! :)

SPECIAL POSTS    

MICHAEL DID A QUESTION AND ANSWER SESSION ON FACEBOOK ON 3RD FEBRUARY, 2015 AND THOSE QUESTIONS TO WHICH MICHAEL REPLIED CAN BE FOUND ON THIS THREAD FROM PAGE 259 TO 266.

A separate thread has been created for the Q&A Session and it can be found at  http://www.michaelbolton.com/forum/topics/michael-s-question-and-an...

Sylvia.   Your wee Scottish friend.

Views: 115215

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Michael is taking part in a campaign by Eyebobs to raise funds for "Stand Up To Cancer", SU2C, co-founded by Katie Couric.  Eyebobs are introducing a limited edition of a two coloured frame and part of the sale of this frame will go toward SU2C and Eyebobs are calling the campaign "Take A Stand".  Here is picture of Michael, wearing the frames, which will be used in the campaign and link to article about:

http://www.mr-mag.com/eyebobs-kicks-off-stand-cancer-initiative/

Sylvia   Your wee Scottish friend

Wonderful idea! Need a pair of those ...the glasses I meant !

Well, the glasses won't do me any good. I know. I'm sick but laughter's the best medicine & I overdose on it. Couldn't resist. :)

Thanks for the article Sylvia, those frames sound interesting to look at. I wonder if they make them in sunglasses too. Take care Sylvia and thanks again. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada :D

Michael has posted below link, with 20 quotes, to his FB page saying:

"How music can help anything.. and some good quotes."

http://thechive.com/2016/02/18/powerful-quotes-about-music-from-leg...

Sylvia   Your  wee Scottish friend

Hey Sylvia, it sounds interesting, but I've tried and only get pictures. If you can find a minute for transcriptions of the quotes, that would be great. Thanks for sharing, take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada :D

Will do Sylvie, no problem, but please give me couple of days as there is quite a bit in it.....they are not one liners !!! LOL  We have got a few days super weather here right now after monsoon rains so sun bathing is taking major priority !!!!!!! LOL  So warm today had to wait till sun out of garden to cut grass and then I got bitten by the midges ...got lumps and bumps all over place (they love me !!! lol) ....you can't win in Scotland, you just can't win !!! LOL

Hi again Sylvia, oh I'm sorry, maybe I'll try and google if they have the text elsewhere. I didn't mean to give you a bunch of work... Well in any case, enjoy the nice weather! We've had a great summer as opposed to previous years, although a bit on the hot and sticky side, but we're getting the rain now: vegetation needs it. :D I'll let you know if I find anything, take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada :D

Benedryl should help you Sylvia with the bites if you guys have it over there; lotion or pills. The pills may make you drowsey but hopefully it will help.

Hi Robin and thanks so much for thinking of me and giving advice but to be honest I stick with the "old wives tale" of using vinegar.  It does help with the itch although you end up smelling a little bit but it does work !!!  LOL  

Heck, If vinegar works, than go for it, girl. Vinegar's cheap but works for a lot of things especially the white vinegar

Here is transcription of the quotes and firstly have to say there is one from Tom Waits but I can't read as advert for next item overlaps it.

Roy Ayers  :  The true beauty of music is that it connects people.  It carries a message, and we, the musicians, are the messengers.

Tina Turner  :  This is what I want in heaven....for words to become notes and conversations to become symphonies.

Debbie Harry  :  Lately I've been thinking that music predates speech.

Joan Jett  :  Rock and Roll music is what gets me off.

Prince  :  The key to longevity is to learn every aspect of music that you can.

Aretha Franklin :  Being a singer is a natural gift.  It means I'm using to the highest degree possible the gift that God gave me to use.  I'm happy with that.

Leonard Cohen  :  Music is the emotional life of most people.

Eric Clapton  :  From the beginning I knew intuitively that if nothing else, music was safe, and that nobody could tell me anything about it.  Music didn't need a middleman, whereas all other things in school needed some kind of explanation.

John Lennon  :  Music is everybody's possession.  It's only publishers who think that people own it.

David Byrne  :  With music you don't have to translate it.  It just affects you and you don't know why.

Bruce Springsteen  :  We live in a post-authentic world and today's authenticity is a house of mirrors.  It's all just what you're bringing when the lights go down.  It's your teachers, your influences, and your personal history.  At the end of the day, it's the power of your music that still matters.

Bob Marley  :  One good thing about music when it hits you, you feel no pain.

Joni Mitchell  :  You could write a song about some kind of emotional problem you are having but it would not be a good song, in my eyes, until it went through a period of sensitivity to a moment of clarity.  Without that moment of clarity to contribute to the song, it's just complaining.

Frank Zappa  :  Information not knowledge. Knowledge is not wisdom. Wisdom is not truth. Truth is not beauty. Beauty is not love. Love is not music. Music is the best.

Elton John  :  Music has healing powers.  It has the ability to take people out of themselves for a few hours.

Keith Richards  :  Good music comes out of people playing together knowing what they want to do and going for it.  You have to sweat over it and bug it to death.

Billie Holiday  :  You can't copy anybody and end with anything.  If you copy, it means you're working without any real feeling.  No two people on earth are alike, and it's got to be that way, with music, or it isn't music.

Levon Helm  :  If you pour some music on it whatever's wrong, it'll sure help out.

Believe you will also note there are only 19 not 20 quotes....don't know where the other one went to !!!! LOL

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service