NEW 2011 TOUR REVIEW THREAD-PLEASE SHARE YOUR REVIEWS WITH US HERE!!!!

Here we go with the New 2011 Concert Tour Review Thread. Michael's tour begins again in the USA in Florida on January 13, 2011!!!!!!!!  I hope Michael is well rested and ready to get back out on the road!

Please share your concert experiences, pictures, video links etc. with us here. We love hearing about the concerts and the great times had by the fans.

You all have made these threads fun in the past and I look forward to more adventures and fun this year!!

I look forward to reading everyone's reviews once again and also contributing some of my own in 2011!

Have fun everyone!! Not much longer till Michael and the band hit the road again!

Robin in Maryland,  USA

Views: 45994

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Hi. I'm unable to see the pictures&videos because I'm totally blind but honey, I'll bet they're awesome&really, I'm glad you had such a wonderful time. I'm sure the new band members are kind but.....Old habits die hard. I'm just shy of becoming attached. No disrespect here. :) Boltonnut from L. A. CA USA

Welcome Koosje! Can you do us a favor and move your review here? We have a designated thread so people aren't reading between multiple threads on here about the concerts. If you put it here then we will all find it easily. Thanks so much. Glad you had fun!!!

Yes Michael and the people around him are very kind and nice to chat with when you can.. I agree!  Nice pic of you with MB at the golf course!!!!

Robin in MD USA :)

Hi there, what a great place this website is to meet other Michael Bolton fans :-)

Michael has given a concert on Aruba last thursday and it was just perfect! As Aruba is such a tiny island, it's easy to follow Michael around. In between half an hour, I knew where Michael was staying and only 2 hours later I met him at the golfcourse. With trembling hand and voice I had a chat with him and got a picture taken. In his hands he holds the licence plate I gave him as a thank you for 25 years being my ultimate idol.

The next morning at the hotel I met lots of the band- and crewmembers. At the concert-setup (it was an outdoor concert), soundcheck, backstage and at the airport, I had such great personal contact with most of them. Especially Brian Becvar (piano), Michael Lington (sax) and the production manager were sooo nice to me. It's great to know these guys!

So Michael has been playing golf (9-holes) and said it went well and enjoyed playing with his teammate (boss of his hotel & golfcourse). The morning after the concert he played a round of tennis with a teacher (no pics available). His Aruban bodyguard is a great guy and treated me well, although I was tough to be kept away of Michael ;-) I sat 1th row and had the opportunity to make some great pictures at moments when Michael wasn't winking/smiling/ pointing at me.... *melting*. I love to share the pics with you, enjoy!

Hope to see Michael again one day!

Love, 'Koosje' Aruba

MORE PICS AT MY FACEBOOK: 'KOOSJE ARUBA'

Awesome Kustje, that you have a picture of you&MB. Boltonnut from L. A. CA USA

Hi Koosje and welcome to the forum. I have read your review of your perfect day following  Michael around, but aside from the fact that it was in an outdoor venue, you haven’t told us much about the  concert itself.  Can you tell us anything like which songs from “Gems” he sang and whether Michael sang any duets and how was the audience response? Well anyway, it does sound like everyone had a nice relaxing time all around. I’m glad you got to meet Michael and get your picture with him, that should keep you smiling until he returns! :D Take care sweetie and thanks for sharing your experience with us. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

Hi Sylvie, thank you for your nice reply! I was just so excited about my meeting that I forgot to write a review of the concert ;-)

Michael was invited to play at the Aruba Music Explosion 2011, which was organised for the first time. On the first evening he was supposted to show up with Air Supply but they didn't show up due to mismanagement (overbooking). The great news was that Michael would give a 2 hour gig instead of a 1 hour show!

Public was kept in 3 stages, regular, VIP and platinum (invitations only). Due to lots of energy, time and some luck I sat front row platinum with my bought (regular area) ticket. So I was as close as I could get to Michael :-) Afterwards I got backstage but was kept out of the pressroom. I waved at Michael as he stepped in his car, he didn't shake hands or give any autographs afterwards unfortunately.

The show started around 11pm and closed at 00:45 am. Due to Aruban timing (take it easy) and a software error in the soundsystem a delay of 2 hours occurred. I had some more time to make contact with the crew and band and was attenting soundcheck (see pic, no MB involved). During the opening program (Flame), the bandmembers stood in the crowd watching.

As a local paper mentioned the playlist was the same as given in Antwerp this summer. He sung older (How am I, Sitting on the dock of the bay, Steelbars, I said I loved you.., Nessum dorma, T,L & T,  How can we be lovers etc) and a new songs (Pride). No duets, no visitors to join him, just Michael with his band.

Michael Lington (sax) got the chance to give he own show during his hit (forgot its name) while Michael sneaked out towards the crowd. He stoot in front of the next section (VIP area) and shook hands with just a few lucky ladies over there. Security kept a safe distance between the crowd and Michael.

During the concert he mentioned that he was getting real warmed up due to the high temperatures. I can imagine while he wore a black jacket and a black long-armed blouse. Afterwards he wore his nice looking blue shirt (greeeeaaaat chest!! *faint*) and jeans. The small blowers on stage couldn't keep him cool ;-)

He ended with he's 'Hercules thank-you-crowd-moment' at the back of the stage. He gave a pressconference and took some indoor pictures with security. He took off in a SUV with 2 motorpolice assistence towards his hotel.

In the newspaper the press mentions the historical quality of his show, technical sound, his good looking and voice that was so impressive! I can definitely agree with that! He was in great shape (better as in HMH, Amsterdam back in 2005/2006?), looked strong, happy and healthy. He seems to have found the right combination of giving shows, playing sports and doing his marketing events & keeping in contact with important people. And still he wasn't bothered to meet me :-)

Well, my life has been turned up side down this week, but I look back on it as the most wonderful experience with my idol of all times! Hope you've enjoyed my review of this great gig.

Lots of love and sunshine from Aruba, 'Koosje'

Thanks for sharing the great pics, Koosie and so glad you can join us here on the MB forum!

Anna (in MO)

Thanks Anna! :-)

Hi Koosje

Thanks so much for sharing your fantastic photos and review.

What an amazing time you had!  So happy for you.

Welcome to the forum and once again thanks for sharing :)

Love Debra (in UK) xx

Welcome Koosje to the forum here&wow! what an awesome review. Wow! Getting to go to sound checks&the like. Boltonnut from L. A. CA USA

Hi Koosje and welcome!!!! What a fun review!!! I KNOW exactly what you mean about chatting with Michael on the golf course!!! LOL It is the BEST!!!! I smiled all throughout your review :))))))))  Please continue to join us here for you sound like a long time fan and this forum will feel like home to you!!! We are all long time Bolton Fans!!!!! I also have a Bolton license plate....ROFL!!! I am so happy for you and that you had what I call ....a great BOLTON ADVENTURE!!!! :))))) By the way.....how do you pronounce name? Post often Koosje and get your "Bolton fix" here while Michael is away!!!! lol

Kathy and LAFD Bob

It's great to share my experiences with you here ladies, so you have a great time too, so lovely :-) I hope to keep in contact in the forum next to my work and family. Time stood still last week and this monday I'm getting back on track :-( But I love to see so many of you and feel at home. Hardly anyone in my surroundings understands what Michael makes me feel when I listen to his music, see his picture, hear his voice etc. So kept it low profile for the last 25 (!) years. But thank god, my coming out is a fact and I went to get it all ;-)

My internetname is 'Koosje' as to be found on Facebook. My real name is Antoinette, which is much easier to pronounce hopefully. 'Koosje' is just my labelname for all sewing related stuff I do in my regular life (giving sewing lessons and writing for a sewing magazine, etc). It's pronounced like the sound of the letters 'co' as in 'cozy'. 'Je' sounds somewhat like 'ýe'. Anyhow, it's typically Dutch, hard to pronounce and hard to be left out when getting bumped into like Michael did last week, haha

Love from Aruba, 'Koosje' (of Antoinette)

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service