NEW 2011 TOUR REVIEW THREAD-PLEASE SHARE YOUR REVIEWS WITH US HERE!!!!

Here we go with the New 2011 Concert Tour Review Thread. Michael's tour begins again in the USA in Florida on January 13, 2011!!!!!!!!  I hope Michael is well rested and ready to get back out on the road!

Please share your concert experiences, pictures, video links etc. with us here. We love hearing about the concerts and the great times had by the fans.

You all have made these threads fun in the past and I look forward to more adventures and fun this year!!

I look forward to reading everyone's reviews once again and also contributing some of my own in 2011!

Have fun everyone!! Not much longer till Michael and the band hit the road again!

Robin in Maryland,  USA

Views: 43901

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Hey everyone.  Michael Bolton and Cleveland ROCKED!!!

I’m still on that cloud from last night. LOL The show was wonderful and Michael's voice was amazing.. He really rocked that venue last night.  My friend really did enjoy the show and she never saw him sing in person before. She said he has an amazing vocal range and she liked all the different kinds of music he did. I had a 2nd row side seat on the left and she had the one opposite me on the right side of the stage.  Luckily the 2 seats in front of me WERE EMPTY the whole night so I moved up there after WAMLAW!!!! Which was just two steps basically from my seat anyway!  I could touch the stage from my original seat  on the left side of me anyway the way it was angled and curved on the sides towards center. Hard to explain but it worked well!! There were security guys at each side and by the steps on my side but he sat by the center section.

MB came out  singing first and then talked. He announced that people could make all the noise you wanted and they did all night and also about taking all the pics you wanted==He said-Make sure you get me in the best light!!LOL  During Soul Provider he came over to my side, I did a little wave and he smiled and waved back down!!LOL   Fans screamed in my section when he did that!!  I did not recognize any of the old time fans I used to see out in OH back in the day.. No familiar faces at all.. At least not down in the front areas.   The sound was incredible and the set list was same I think from what I saw in Greensburg all but 1 less Sinatra song but the encore went on for 5 songs. No thongs/underwear or bras up on stage but they yelled he was sexy and to take his shirt off and stuff like that. He just laughed and joked back it’s not that kind of show etc..He was laughing a lot up there at comments being yelled out to him.  At one point he talked about how great his band was and the crew and that they get up much earlier than he does etc. to get everything ready and someone yelled out what MB thought was Amway!!(I don’t know if it’s still around-but you used to be able to have people come to your house and sell it to you, they sold all kinds of things years ago)..The person in the audience repeated what they said and he said Amway? You want to sell me Amway? LOL  The person said no FAMILY.. They are like your FAMILY!! Then he got it, and everyone laughed, he said I thought you wanted to sell me something!!LOL 

When he went to do WAMLAW in the audience I moved in front of those two empty seats and stood  beside the steps. When he came back to the stage the security guy stood behind me but did not block me at all and MB took my hand when he was almost at the top and smiled and mouthed Hi Robin and kept on singing and going up!! THAT WAS NEAT!!!!!  I don't think I was able to ever stand at that spot and him take my hand going up the steps like that in all my years going to concerts.  Totally dumb luck…No other way to explain it!  Bad thing was no one stood up or went to the stage, really not a way to go with the steps at the end of my side’s aisle unless they came around the outside and they didn’t let people go down even to take pictures. They were a loud crowd yelling out stuff to him and one gal said she loved his arms once he was back on stage with the blue t shirt/jeans.LOL He did play along a lot with the crowd, not so scripted and was very relaxed..   I stood over to the side down and down a little at the end past his speaker at my seat after he got back after WAMLAW and thought I could stay standing and others would come but they didn't so I did sit after HCWBL. I didn’t want to cause any problems.  So I sat for TLT and Steel Bars .  I am glad the guard let me stay in the front row seats after MB got back. 

THANK GOD the band came back out and raised their arms and motioned for EVERYONE TO STAND UP for ROCK ME!! YES!!!!! MB came sauntering out like he does and just wailed the guitar and stopped in front of me for a few minutes before slowly working his way across to center stage, I love ROCK ME!! So we did stand and rock out to Rock Me... Next he sat on the stool at the piano and sang Georgia and we then sat down..He did a longer encore than at my last show.  After  Rock Me he did Go The Distance and dedicated it to our troops around the world.  Then he sang Lean On Me.  Then he talked about the new album a little and said it's going to be exciting and has different genre's of music and said this one was requested a lot after I sang it on television!! and he did HALELUJA (sp). As the last song of the show, IT BROUGHT THE HOUSE DOWN!! OMG it was beautiful, I LOVED IT!!  He received a standing ovations for Nessun Dorma and at the very end. 

Afterwards we waited there at the stage door and he did come out after about an hour.  The band came out and we talked to some of them. I did see Brian on stage after while waiting to get across the front to my friend and got to chat briefly with him. Outside Michael Lington came up and hugged me and he's so nice. My friend that went chatted with him and told him how good he was too..then I did see Steve quickly and he gave me a hug.  I miss chatting with him, he's so busy these days, it's nice to just say hi when I can to him..

We were getting cold and there was about 15 or 20 people and we all waited, thankfully no rain.  The security guys were nice and told us if he does sign things he will come and sit in the car and sign them out the window.  Then his body guard came out and said same thing and then finally MB came out and no one screamed or anything and he said he would get in the car and sign through the window. They lined us up and it went well.  I was almost last and I had my pic with him and mom's pic with him from Greensburg last month, I put hers on top. (wanted it signed for her for Mother's Day). We went 1 at a time. I didn't have a lot of time so I asked him to sign Mom's pic and if he had time could he sign mine, he did both and kept talking..LOL..I told him he rocked Cleveland and he said he thought it was a fun show and sounded good. I said then -So Rascal Flats eh! He said yes and smiled, they are amazing and creative and he enjoyed writing with them or something like that, maybe not exact words. I asked if the new album would be still coming out in May. He said he was going to try and had to work some things out but he hoped so.  He’s recording a lot of the time now between shows way it sounded from what he said on stage.. It could maybe be a little later I guess, but hey, we will love it whenever it’s out right!!  He sounded like he really wants it out close to the original projection time. (On stage he acknowledged a restaurant owner that had an Italian place in town and the recording studio they used. They stayed there will he did the 3 shows in OH he said and recorded for his album and stayed in Cleveland a while. They were in the front row center. )  At the car I told him everyone on the forum site is excited about the new CD coming out and we cannot wait. He said he was glad to hear that. I thanked him for my autographs and he shook my hand and I said I'll see you next in CT in June and he said ok see you then and he thanked me. Tim said then it was nice seeing me again and my turn was over.  I forgot to say something about the David Foster special.  It went so fast and they wouldn’t have let me up there much longer.   He had about 5 people after me and I had to stay back after my turn; I did take one picture of him in the car that's semi decent out there.  Not the best but something to remember it by. I waved goodbye as he drove off and he said good by to me too. Michael was so nice to do that, he could have said good night and thank you to us and left. That would have been ok too of course.  There were teenagers out there and us older folks too.. it was nice to see that. One or two guys that were autograph dudes too way it looked. They got in FRONT of the line which was a hoot!   People had all kinds of things to be signed, old vinyl stuff, some small posters from the restaurants on the same block as the theater, CD’s, ticket stubs, etc. One gal had a little guitar he signed for her..Looked like one gotten in a gift shop maybe at the Rock N Roll Hall of fame..

It was a great time in Cleveland. The Rock N Roll Hall of Fame was fun, not something I’d go back for, but something to do once.  Nice exhibits on all kinds of music.  If you ever get to Cleveland check it out.

So that’s my adventure in Cleveland. Cleveland has always been a fun place to go see Michael and he didn’t disappoint this time either!!!  I hope to get pics up by tomorrow to the gallery.

Thanks for all your good wishes for me on my trip! Even Mother Nature was cooperative and the rains we had Sunday night cleared up by mid-morning yesterday and we had cold but not bad weather last night to wait for Michael after the concert.

Robin in Maryland :)

No Karen, No Murder My Heart, darn it..Maybe one day!!! Thanks.

Robin in MD :)

Awesome review, Robin MD. I'm glad you got all the times with MB.

Boltonnut from L. A. CA

Wow Robin, sounds like a really GREAT show!!  The encore sounds wonderful!  I still havent heard Hallelijuh at a concert!! One of these days, who knows...oh well, still no Murder My Heart, bummer, but you got lots of other great songs!!  We are just gonna have to get on to him about that...I haven't heard him sing Lean on Me in a long time either, so you really had a treat!!! .It is cool you got your's and your mom's pic signed, she is gonna be so thrilled with it!!!!  Sounds like the seats you had were about on top of the stage, LOL!! Too cool you got to stand at the steps as he went up, usually that is almost impossible!!! with the security most of the time!!  Anyway, glad it was wonderful, now just a few more months until CT!!!!

Looking forward to seeing your pics

Kerie

Thanks Kerie, I had not heard Lean On Me in ages. I kept thinking ok, this is the last song and he kept telling the band another one, and another..then he leaned on the drum kit and talked about Halleluja (sp-I cannot ever spell that one) and then sang it there and ended it moving up to his center stage mic area as he ended it!! It WAS AMAZING!!  Yes my original seats worked out perfecty after all.I am glald I did not end up getting any other ones, I thought I was going to be way far over. It's curved on the sides in those front rows, one of those you have to see it to get it!!LOL  YES I've been near the steps over the years, like last fall in NJ but the guards come along and then we had to move back to make room and I've never had a chance to be in the spot beside the steps that way..It was a new experience to add to the list over the years!! The security guy got behind me as MB came up the aisle, the venue guy, and he never blocked me, he stood behind me at the stage and I stood mid way beside the steps, so MB's security guy was at the bottom of them then I think, him or Tim I am not sure who, it happened so fast. LOL 

Kerie-I thought of you too, he did pose in the beginning of the show for me again but I was between frames taking pics and tili I could focus he moved!! I didn't catch it this time.. It was ok, he was trying to be nice!!!! He posed for a few folks during the show that I noticed taking pictures..YES CT in 3 months, I'm looking forward to it too, hope to see ya there!

Robin :)

I remember at the gala in 2009, I was near the steps of the stage&how Michael was trying to reach for me but short thang like me couldn't but the thought&action was there. My friend Missie told me. I hheard this girl say, "What, does Michael know her?"&Missie responded "yes."

Hallelujah, we'll have to be patient. Who would have thought Michael would have done "Drift Away" back in 2003, I was shocked&love his rendition.

Boltonnut from KL. A. CA

Well well Robin Md...what a time you had!!! So glad your friend also enjoyed her first concert. Sounds like she just might join you again eh? Glad you scored a much closer seat than you had...lol Oh gosh...Amway goes way back!!! lol And holding Michael's hand as he went up the stairs...oh my. It would have been so easy to just follow him right up!! :) I almost did that in Laughlin ;) Too bad no one got up for SB and TLT. It is soooooo hard to sit through those songs!!! This is where chair dancing becomes paramount!! Thank heavens everyone kept their undergarments on!!! lol Wonderful also that you got to chat with Michael and have him sign your photos. That is the best!! Like icing on the cake to have Michael sign a photo that records a memory forever :) And to have good weather also...PERFECT night I say!!! Thanks for sharing every detail with us. I felt like I was there in that empty seat!!! LOL I wish I was to have heard Hallelujah....oh my!!!!

Thanks also for the heads up on the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. I guess that is one of those places you need to visit just once.

Sorry I had you going to your concert 1 night ahead of schedule. I forgot you arrived early to see the hall of fame.

Now sit back and soak it all in or float on the cloud and drift away :)

Kathy and LAFD Bob 

Hey Kathy, I'm glad I didn't buy other seats, shame tho some sat empty in the center there. I am not sad the two in front of me weren't tho...LOL  I was surprised no one came by the time the first two or three songs were done..  I don't know if my friend  would go again, she liked it and now can say she saw him sing. She goes to alot of concerts with friends and family. She was telling me all of those in the Hall of Fame that she had seen in her time here and there at different venues in the MD/DC area.  So now she can add MB to her list of singers she's seen perform live..

Yes I was doing some chair dancing too  LOL..I don't like to do that either but it was ok. It would have been too hard to do that with Rock Me and I am grateful to the band for motioning the crowd to get up.. I don't think MB likes it when he does HCWBL and TLT, Steel Bars and the fans aren't standing up at the stage.  He had no hands to shake or anything like he does when the fans are at the stage. He did take some flowers and a few gifts tho which was good!!  They did let people up to do that here and there..

Robin in Maryland :)

Aw! Wow! Robin. You did have an awesome time. I wish I coould be able to go to the CT events but oh! well! I'm going through withdrawals as the shows in CA aren't easy for me to get to by public transportation but oh! well! It seems I'll never get to speak to Michael again but I'm greatful for the times I've had&I think of those who have never met Michael. I guess I'm greedy? I don't know but wow! You're seeing him in CT. Awesome.

Boltonnut from L. A. CA

Yeah you will again Robin...I know it's hard to wait sometimes. Wish you could go to one of the upcoming CA concerts.. Maybe something will work out and you can get there...

Yeah same golf event I went to last year and the concert as well.  I am looking forward to it. I love going to CT!

Robin in MD :)

I am telling you Robin Md...Michael has to be more insistent with notifying the crowd to PLEASE COME TO THE STAGE!!!! We will all be there in a heartbeat!!! Granted some crowds are oblivious to the invite and perhaps since you didn't recognize any "regulars" that was what happened with this crowd. I know he feeds off the energy in the crowd and at the stage. Well at least everyone finally arrived with Rock Me!!!! Never too late :) Glad you had a great time and the stair scene is too much!!!!

Kathy and LAFD Bob

Hey Kathy. I hear you about the under garments staying in their respectful places in Cleveland&mostly everywhere else. :)))

Boltonnut from L. A. CA

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service