NEW 2011 TOUR REVIEW THREAD-PLEASE SHARE YOUR REVIEWS WITH US HERE!!!!

Here we go with the New 2011 Concert Tour Review Thread. Michael's tour begins again in the USA in Florida on January 13, 2011!!!!!!!!  I hope Michael is well rested and ready to get back out on the road!

Please share your concert experiences, pictures, video links etc. with us here. We love hearing about the concerts and the great times had by the fans.

You all have made these threads fun in the past and I look forward to more adventures and fun this year!!

I look forward to reading everyone's reviews once again and also contributing some of my own in 2011!

Have fun everyone!! Not much longer till Michael and the band hit the road again!

Robin in Maryland,  USA

Views: 45994

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Robin:

I agree!  A lot of stress and this technology stuff was supposed to simplify our lives.  That's not happening!

Diane

Hi Joy...oh you can ignore FB even if you are a member. You do get updates on people you are friends with. I won't be posting at all unless I am responding to someone. What is goofy is that when you read the "news feed" you can read everything that every friend has posted. It is just too much to read. Great concept for folks who live far from one another. Just not my cup of tea.

Katy and LAFD Bob

How come I was able to access the thread about CD&David Foster but that I have to go through these changes on the new album blog? I know it's doable with the help of someone but I was just curious. Perhaps computerees can help me or is this in FB?

Boltonnut from L. A. CA

I certainly would love to see him in a stage show and even better for a CD full of musical show numbers but I also think back to when he was interviewed in 2009 and it was mentioned about him possibly doing an opera and he said then that Pavarotti and he had talked about him appearing at the Met. but that it couldn't happen at that time and he also felt that he could get "antsy" sitting in the one place say for about six months - he couldn't see himself doing that .... I know Sylvie in September he was, obviously, a little bit older than in 2009 when he said that and too, family have changed, with the introduction of Amelia into his life but I wonder if he is thinking WAY ahead and possibly by the time he is going on for 70 he, just then, might feel like sitting on his bottom/butt for a couple of weeks at a time......do you think he might get round to it about then - hahahahehehehe  !!!!

Sylvia.   Your wee Scottish friend.

Hey Sylvia, I’m all for a Broadway album! Who is to say he wouldn’t record one if he committed to one of the shows? We’ve certainly been clammering for it long enough! :D Astrid sent me recently reviews from Michael’s 2000 ALW tour. This is an excerpt from it:

“Although he might not be appearing on 42nd Street night after night,  Bolton's new love of show tunes could lead him in two new directions in the very near future. First, he says there is "no doubt" in his mind that he will record a CD of Broadway tunes in the very near future. Once he's got that out of his system, Bolton said he might try his hand at writing a Broadway show of his own."I could see writing a Broadway musical, something with a little R&B and  blues in it," he continued. "Being part of this show has reinforced what I've always felt about the power of music. Music is about feelings. People listen to be moved and if the band and the singer are doing their job something very spontaneous and beautiful happens with each song. When I  think of writing a musical so that theater people walk out of the show each night singing along with the melody they've just heard. ... Yeah, I want to make that happen." 

I could listen to him talk about music for days… It’s funny how it kind of made me sad when I heard this though because he said “near future” but that was 11 years ago, so who knows… Sylvia, yes, I remember that: the mention of Pavarotti was from the RAH DVD interview, wasn’t it? I thought he had said “La Scala”, not the Met, not that it’s important… As I’ve said, only time will tell, but we’ll be ready for it! Thanks for sharing sweetie, take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

Michael has many fingers in many pies so to speak. His intentions are good, as usual but wow! I can't picture broadway. It's too in one place for him. I'm not at all in to broadway none what so ever but that's just me. ALW was about the best but I can handle anything Michael does. Hearing the CD'S is one thing but sitting through a broadway play for me, I don't know. I just can't get a plot with just singing. That's just me but shucks. I'd love to see Michael in a broadway play, opera&so forth.

Boltonnut from L. A. CA

I saw Michael in the Andrew Lloyd Webber tour 10 times and he was AMAZING!!!! I'd love to see him do something with Phantom music or something along those lines!!!  He truly blew everyone away at those shows!!! I would love to see him do that again!!!  He would be great at writing a musical. I remember this interview from 11 years ago. Wow where did the time go Sylvie? LOL

Robin in Maryland :)

I agree with you Robin. I was with you at 8 of those ALW shows in Baltimore. He&they were totally awesome. When he did Garden of Gethseminy, (pardon spelling), I sobbed. That one is a sad&extremely serious&extremely emotional song. Truthfully, I'm glad I never heard the original version of the song before Michael did it. Didn't like the Jesus Christ super Star's rendition of that song but that' just me. I can picture Michael doing just about anything. Whatever he releases, I'm wanting. :)

Boltonnut from L. A. CA

I remember Robin. I wasn't supposed to be at the one matinee, but the family gathering that day ended in time, and I got there and Fran (remember her from the venue?) saw me in the lobby waiting on my friends and let me go on in and sit midway back. I got there JUST IN TIME to see MB come on and saw all of is performances...LOL So I did see all 8 shows he did with Fran's kindness to me that day.   I loved his version of all the songs.. He blew me away...Same here, he can sing just about anything can't he!

Fun times that week they were in Balto...Hey, I could actually go home each night after, go to work like a normal person!!LOL Was fun staying in the city for the weekend tho!! Good memories!

Robin in Maryland :)

I remember Robin. You were celebrating your grand mom's birthday. I remember how kind Fran was at the venue. It was an awesome time. A lot of crying for me that last night. I just didn't want it to end&to think of Vanessa being there. RIP. :(

Boltonnut from L. A. CA

I meant RIP for Vanessa is for her to rest in peace. She was a BB we lost a couple years ago, I do believe.

Boltonnut from L. A. CA

Yes I remember Vanessa too-indeed RIP Vanessa!

Robin in MD :)

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service