NEW 2011 TOUR REVIEW THREAD-PLEASE SHARE YOUR REVIEWS WITH US HERE!!!!

Here we go with the New 2011 Concert Tour Review Thread. Michael's tour begins again in the USA in Florida on January 13, 2011!!!!!!!!  I hope Michael is well rested and ready to get back out on the road!

Please share your concert experiences, pictures, video links etc. with us here. We love hearing about the concerts and the great times had by the fans.

You all have made these threads fun in the past and I look forward to more adventures and fun this year!!

I look forward to reading everyone's reviews once again and also contributing some of my own in 2011!

Have fun everyone!! Not much longer till Michael and the band hit the road again!

Robin in Maryland,  USA

Views: 43901

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Hey Eileen, it sounds like you'll have a lot to tell us, have a great time at your next concert and can't wait to read your review! Take care sweetie and travel safe. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

That is too funny Joy.......now the real review please!!!! lol IF you haven't completely melted!!!!! LOL

Kathy and LAFD Bob

I'm way behind on these messages but wow! A lot of teasers. I'm anxiously awaiting for these reviews. Thanks for all descriptions. I appreciate them. Boltonnut from L. A. CA :)
Sorry but because of my being behind, I've not been able to do the CD&birthday threads. Or any other thread. They're all neat threads but the concert thread's my ultimate favorite. I still have to limit myself on all this but not complaining. Just fact of life with me. Boltonnut from L. A. CA

HI ALL!  YES IT IS TRUE  BOTH ORANTHI AND DELTA GOODREM WERE AT THE BEACON THEATRE AND BOTH PERFORMED A FEW SONGS WITH MICHAEL  THAT WAS THE GOOD PART  I WAS ALSO SOMEWHAT DISAPPOINTED  LET ME EXPLAIN

WHEN WE (JOY, EILEEN, JULIET, KERIE, HOLLY AND MYSELF) GOT TO THE THEATRE ALL TICKETS SCANS OF OK EXCEPT  MINE AND JOY  WE HAD TO GO TO THE BOX OFFICE  THEY SAID THAT OUR SEATS WERE REMOVED BECAUSE KENNY G WOULD BE GOING ON THE STAGE IN THAT AREA  THEY WOULD HAVE TO MOVE US  WE HAD SECOND ROW SEATS AND I WAS GOING TO BE VERY UPSET IF THEY MOVE US WAY BACK OR UPSTAIRS  BUT AS IT TURN OUT THEY MOVE US TO FRONT ROW CENTER   I SAID OMG! FRONT ROW CENTER   THEY WERE GREAT SEATS AND WE WERE RIGHT AT THE STAGE  

WHILE WAITING IN THE LOBBY FOR THE DOORS TO OPEN FOR THE THEATRE KENNY G CAME OUT AND SIGN HIS NEW CD  YOU HAD TO BUY IT THERE AND THEN HE WOULD SIGN IT  I DID NOT BUY ONE SO I DID NOT GET AN AUTOGRAPH  HE WAS ONLY SIGNING THE CD AND NO PICTURES ALLOWED  IF MICHAEL WAS DOING THAT I WOULD HAVE BOUGHT ONE AND GOT AN AUTOGRAPH BUT HE WAS NOT EVEN THOUGH THEY WERE SELLING GEMS THERE

AFTER GETTING TO OUR SEATS WHILE WAITING FOR THE SHOW TO START WE GOT A PICTURE BY THE STAGE (WE ALSO GOT ONE OUTSIDE THE THEATRE UNDER THE MARQUEE) IT WAS NOT TAKEN ON MY CAMERA IT WILL BE POSTED BY ON THE OF THE OTHER GIRLS

THE SHOW STARTED WITH KENNY G FIRST  HE CAME IN THE BACK FROM THE LOBBY AND PLAYED THE SAX WHILE WALKING THRU THE AUDIENCE  HE DID THIS FOR TWO OR THREE SONG  THEN MADE IS WAY ON STAGE BY PASSING RIGHT BY US   KENNY G PERFORMED WONDERFULLY AND EVEN POSED IN FRONT OF EILEEN WHEN SHE WAS TRYING TO TAKE A PICTURE   HE ALSO TOLD US HIS SECRET OF HOW HE IS ABLE TO HOLD A NOTE FOR SO LONG SOMETIMES A MINUTE OR LONGER   AT THE END OF HIS PERFORMANCE HE GAVE AWAY ONE OF HIS SAXS  THERE WAS A RAFFLE BUT I DID NOT BUY ONE   THE WINNER WAS A LADY SITTING IN THE BACK  SHE CAME ON STAGE WAS SERENADED BY KENNY G  WITH THE SAX THAT SHE WON  AFTER KENNY G FINISHED PLAYING HE HAND THE SAX TO HER   THIS LADY HAPPENS TO BE A MUSIC TEACHER   WHAT A STORY SHE HAS FOR HER STUDENTS TODAY

FINALLY IT WAS MICHAEL'S TURN  IT WAS NOW ABOUT 9:45PM WHEN MICHAEL STARTED SINGING  HE PERFORMED WONDERFULLY AS WELL  HE PERFORMED SEVERAL (ABOUT THREE OR FOUR) SONGS FROM GEMS  INCLUDING TWO WITH DELTA GOODREM AND TWO WITH ORANTHI  HE PERFORMED A FEW OLD SONGS (VERY FEW)  WHEN HE SANG WAMLAW HE DID NOT REALLY GO OUT INTO THE AUDIENCE LIKE HE USUALLY DOES  HE CAME OUT THE DOOR ON THE LEFT SIDE OF THE THEATRE STOOD THERE A SANG THAN WENT BACK THRU THAT DOOR TO GO BACK ON THE STAGE  HE DID NOT WALK THRU THE AUDIENCE LIKE HE USUALLY DOES  THE SHOW ENDED AT ABOUT 11:00PM  WITH NO ENCORE AND WE WERE NEVER ABLE TO GO THE STAGE  HE DID NOT GO TO THE EDGE OF THE STAGE TO SHAKE HAND OR TAKE GIFTS LIKE HE USUALLY DOES  ALSO WE WERE SITTING NEXT TO A SECURITY PERSON AND THEY WERE GIVING US A HARD TIME ABOUT PICTURE TAKING AND VIDEO RECORDING WE KEPT TELLING THEM MICHAEL ALWAYS ALLOW PICTURE AND VIDEOS  I GOT FEW ANYWAY   AFTER THE SHOW ENDED WE WENT TO WAIT FOR MICHAEL TO EXIT THE THEATRE  HE CAME OUT AFTER A FEW MINUTES BUT DID NOT SIGN AUTOGRAPHS OR TAKE GIFTS OR SHAKE HANDS  HE WAVE AND APOLOGIZE SAYING HE HAD A 5:30AM WAKE UP CALL  FOR THE TODAY SHOW  AND WENT INTO THE LIMOUSINE

ALL IN ALL IT WAS A GOOD SHOW BUT TOO SHORT  HE SANG VERY FEW SONGS (10 TO 12 THE MOST) WAS ON STAGE FOR AN HOUR MAYBE LESS (HE HAD THREE WARDROBE CHANGES)   HE DID NOT COME OUT FOR AN ENCORE  HE WAS PERFORMING IN NEW YORK AND DID NOT SING NEW YORK NEW YORK

SORRY THIS IS SO LONG BUT I WANTED TO EXPLAIN WHY I WAS SO DISAPPOINTED  I HAVE SOME PICTURES  AND WILL POST AS SOON AS I DEVELOP THE FILM

GLORIA

You sound a bit disappointed Gloria - I am sorry about that but I do hope in time the little niggly bits will disappear and you will be able to remember a great show and nothing more !! :)   Glad you did end up with such good seats though and thanks again for sharing your experience !! :)

Sylvia.   Your wee Scottish friend.

Hi Gloria.....I'm sorry about your disappointment.  First, it is great that you girls got front row seats!!!  That is something I never had in my days of seeing concerts...so that is a treat in itself!!!  Sounds like Michael's voice was great...and that is also important.  You had the chance to see other famous singers (true, maybe not singers that some people might care for) but that is also a nice part of the show.  I have never had that "Bolton Experience" of shaking hands with him during WAMLAW, since I've never been to a Bolton concert...but if you had that experience in the past, then it's not such a loss.  Well Michael did sign about 1,000 copies of "Gems". so maybe he needs a break from signing autographs for the fans outside the theatre (and he did say he was in a rush).  Look at the bright side.....you saw Michael and he was great, you had Front row seats (WOW!!!!), you had a nice night out with the girls (I'm sure you all had dinner together)......so that is pretty damn good!!  Wish I was there to share all of that with you...but as the saying goes "Tomorrow is another day"....so maybe for the next Bolton Adventure!!!  Gloria, enjoy your memory of this show, and maybe next time it will be the way you hoped for and I may be there with you too!!!   Looking forward to seeing all the pictures.....    :)

Hi Helena,

I didn't know you'd NEVER been to see Michael??!!  So I agree we shouldn't complain right?  I am writing my review shortly.  I understand what Gloria is saying, I will explain soon.  But yes, we need to be positive about the night.  So sorry this couldn't be your first concert and you weren't able to join us.  Maybe the next time!

Joy

from the Jersey Shore

Hi Joy,

No I have never seen Michael live, since I wasn't his die hard fan years ago.  I just started to appreciate him as an artist, last year when he was on Dancing with the Stars.  Then I started to buy some of his CD's and enjoy his music.  Yes, there is always next time!!   :)

Helena...xx...

Good for you Helena that you didn't let that goofy dog house scene on DWTS turn you off to Michael!!! That was a disaster but Michael was a pro at all times!!! You will definitely get to a concert and THEN girl????.......there is no turning back!!!! LOL

Kathy and LAFD Bob 

I agree. Helen, you'll get to a concert&all of you with your disappointments, (&we all go through them) good&better times are a comin'. :) Boltonnut from L. A. CA
They're not really complaining, I don't feel. Just expressing their views of disappointment. I try not to bring out my disappointments though. I happens but that shouldn't mean they're ungreatful. They are but I do fell their sense of disappointment though. :( Boltonnut from L. A. CA

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service