NEW 2011 TOUR REVIEW THREAD-PLEASE SHARE YOUR REVIEWS WITH US HERE!!!!

Here we go with the New 2011 Concert Tour Review Thread. Michael's tour begins again in the USA in Florida on January 13, 2011!!!!!!!!  I hope Michael is well rested and ready to get back out on the road!

Please share your concert experiences, pictures, video links etc. with us here. We love hearing about the concerts and the great times had by the fans.

You all have made these threads fun in the past and I look forward to more adventures and fun this year!!

I look forward to reading everyone's reviews once again and also contributing some of my own in 2011!

Have fun everyone!! Not much longer till Michael and the band hit the road again!

Robin in Maryland,  USA

Views: 43901

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Sylvia..it is possible that less tickets were sold...but who cares? That usually means the audience wins by being even closer to Michael. I keep joking that I will be thrilled when no one buys tickets but me!!!! LOL Never happen.....I will let you all come and listen also!!!! LOL We can have blue M&M's for Michael...remember him joking about what he requests for backstage at the venues he plays at?? I didn't mean turning Meggy & Mary blue!!! lol

Kathy and LAFD Bob

Hi there,

I have a couple of minutes of time so I copied the article. An album a year - I thought this announcement is important for all of us to know !!!

Enjoy

Astrid

Michael Bolton talks about tour as Springfield appearance nears

Published: Saturday, March 05, 2011, 5:05 AM

By Chris Dondoros

Michael Bolton is promising a career-spanning performance of hit songs when he takes the stage on Monday at the MassMutual Center in Springfield.

The concert, originally planned for the main arena, has been moved to the smaller, more intimate ballroom.

Fielding questions from reporters during a break in his tour, the singer-songwriter spoke about his current tour and upcoming projects.

“Well, it’s primarily the greatest hits with a few surprises. And I think that’s the focus, no matter what I’m working on musically,” Bolton said. “I’m going to want to bring something from the latest project I’m working on, or that I spent the last year or two working on.”

IF YOU GO

Event: Michael Bolton in concert
When: Monday, 7 p.m.
Where: MassMutual Center Grand Ballroom, Springfield
Cost: $52 and $42
For more info: Call (800) 745-3000

Bolton said he has no reservations about playing through his most popular material, as audiences want to hear the hit songs and material off of his two biggest-selling albums, “Time Love and Tenderness” and “Soul Provider.”

“They want to hear the hits, because these greatest hits take them through the big moments in their lives,” he said, citing the importance of giving his audience what they want to hear.

“It becomes music that got people through some of the hardest moments of their lives,” he said, “and music that celebrates some of the high points of their lives, from getting married or engaged to having children to raising them.”

While Bolton said that he is about halfway done with a new record, his current tour was not designed as a promotional tool.

“I don’t like hearing when I have friends who say they just went to see this band or this artist, and they kept waiting for the hits and all that the artist performed were songs from new records they were promoting and projects that were promoting it. I think they really deserve the greatest hits,” he said.

Looking ahead, Bolton said he not only has another album in the works, but that within the changing climate of the music industry, he might release multiple albums.

“I think that the industry has changed so much for me,” he said. “I think the future is about an album a year, a new CD every year, and not tons and tons of songs. Put a certain amount of songs and a price that makes sense in our model of our business now and to my fans.”

Bolton said such an approach requires an emphasis on quality songwriting – something he has always been dedicated to achieving.

“So, my goal will be to have, you know, each CD loaded with great songs and great records, so they’re going to prefer to have the entire CD rather than just, you know, zero-in on one song at a time,” Bolton said.

Bolton has sold more than 53 million records and won countless awards, including two Grammy Awards, six American Music Awards, and a staggering 24 BMI and ASCAP Awards. He also has a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.

(Michael is sitting at a table and smiling)

Thanks so much for sharing this article. Some great news in there too, an album a year would be fantastic.

Lovely photo of Michael too, with his gorgeous smile :)

Love Deb xx

I'm one of these fans who don't mind the non hits. I guess because I've heard all of his music but the average concert goer doesn't know the non hits. i like the surprises&feel new songs should be done from latest albums but that's JMO

Boltonnut from L. A. CA USA

Hi Astrid,

That is great that you copied that article out - well worth reading again and again.......glad too you got that picture in - it is lovely ! - that smile ! .......it is an interesting article with him starting to share some of his thoughts about the future which certainly sounds like being a good one if he produces more albums - maybe too if concentrates more on writing it will give him more time at home to see the wee one, Amelia, growing up - which I don't think anyone would deny him the right to do !

Sylvia.   Your wee Scottish friend.

Astrid,

Thanks for the neat article. I'll bet you're seeing Michael in Germany this summer. You go&you know what we want; reviews. :D

Hi Robin,

yes yes yes - at least twice this year and I am working on - no working for more concerts ...LOL It will be the first time that I will meet "the others" (Christine, Ivana, Nicolette ... ) I am so looking forward and we will deliver want you want : reviews ... LOL

Astrid

I'm really glad for you Astrid.

Enjoy all shows.

Astrid, thank you sweetie! I’m just catching up and was gonna ask Robin if she could do that, God bless you for your attention and time my friend, I really appreciate it! Take care. Big hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

Hi Sylvie,

it was my pleasure ... Sorry for my delay - but I am really busy. Thanks for your hints and tipps somewhere else - Iol - I have to find my way. Wasn't wee Sylvia calling for strings in this labyrinth? lol lol   

Have a good time

Astrid. 

I'll never forget when Michael did Drift Away in September 2003, I was blown away. I love those kind of surprises.

Love this pic from a few years ago they used! Great smile!!!!!

Robin in Maryland :)

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service