New Year Resolutions for 2012....with a completely NEW slant !!!

Following a request and suggestion from a very dear friend of all of ours on this forum, Sylvie from Canada, I’ve agreed to set up this thread on behalf of both of us and hope that you’ll join in the fun .

Sylvie's idea came from the age old New Year resolution pledges that we’ve all made and have often all broken, throughout the years, and hoped that by trying a "new sauce" on that "old turkey"  it could feel easier for us all and give us a chance to be able to "pat ourselves on the back" and proudly say we achieved our goal of following to the end our... "New Month"... resolution instead........ what do you think?

We both agreed that the month of January would be a "freeby" so we can share suggestions if any of our usual active forum members are interested in this project which, we both hope, will turn into something worthwhile and a lot of fun too.  So guys, if you’d like to take part, please feel free to share your ideas of what you think would be useful and fun resolutions for all of us to follow each month. 

Obviously this January is, apart from a "freeby" month, a trial month too so that Sylvie and I can see your interest in this and figure out what the majority think so that we can start February with a very firm idea of what our 1st Resolution will be.  Each one, thereafter, will be clearly displayed before the month begins and will be advertised with an MB calendar as is shown below for our "freeby" month of January.  We hope that each month we can all share stories, tips and cheer each other on.

If you’re interested please join in and give us your thoughts and let’s make this great forum even more of a fun place to visit where we can all come together as friends, thanks to our love and admiration for our Michael.

Sylvie from Canada and Sylvia, your wee Scottish friend.

Views: 3902

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Your dust mites arrived safely Sylvie and they all had a great reunion party last night but unfortunately today they are all getting shifted out for Matthew has had to change plans and is going home a little earlier than at first but to compensate, he is arriving earlier, and will be here on Tuesday not Thursday so will need to get stuck in to cleaning again....it really is too much though, for imagine, having to clean my house twice in one year, oh boy !!!!!! LOL.   I must thank you Sylvie for making me feel younger in calling me Matthew's aunt and him my nephew for he is one of my great nephews and so I am his great aunt;   his mother, Justine, is my niece and there are two younger brothers who are, obviously, both great nephews too but I have to say that I liked your idea of help with varnishing door but ....NO !!! LOL   Don't want to get serious on here but I know Matthew wouldn't mind me talking about him as that is what makes him so special in my eyes and a wonderful  guy for he has had to accept that his short term memory isn't the best and laughs when he comes back from one of his little dwams so I don't think I will take the chance of maybe getting my floor varnished instead of door !!! LOL   I know I will get it done before winter comes in.....plenty of days left in September when I will get the chance so that will definitely be one resolution for then and I WILL carry it out !!! :)

Glad to hear your ankle is getting stronger but it is one of those things that can take quite a bit of time to heal completely but just remember to take your time with it and let it take its own course rather than pushing too hard when you might set yourself back if you do.  Good luck Sylvie !! :)

House dust mites calling so.....................................

Sylvia.   Your wee Scottish friend.

Hey Sylvia, that was just the first shipment, there’s more coming! Lol If only I just had to clean surfaces, it might only take a day, but with the knick-knacks, dolls and music boxes, it seems endless. It’s a great opportunity to listen to either movies or music though. Yesterday, I listened to “Erin Brockovich” and quite enjoyed it! :D Yes I’m sure you’re a “great” aunt to Matthew, that was part of my pep-talk, remember? ;DNow about your door, I know it should at least be mild enough for you to varnish it over September, but if it was this rainy in Canada, I don’t know if I’d want to tempt faith, so lots of luck with that girl! About my ankle, it’s my very first sprain so I have no idea. My sight or lack there of is enough of a hindrance that I don’t need more. Don’t worry though, I’m being good. Well on that happy note, happy dusting to us and have a great visit with Matthew sweetie, take care and thanks for your good words. Big hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

Know it isn't quite September yet.....still a 1/2 hour to go here in Scotland but thought I would take opportunity to put something in here for beginning of month as I have managed to rescue my laptop from its hijacker.....in actual fact if truth be told I have exhausted poor Matthew and he is away to his bed before his old great aunt ....OMG us oldies can certainly teach these young ones a thing or two !!!!! LOL.   To let you know how the exhaustion has set in is because yesterday it was an absolutely fantastic day here, crystal blue skies, and we took ourselves over to the Isle of Cumbrae and hired bikes....I got a little tricycle and it was great....and we cycled right around the whole island which is 10.5 miles long....I still can't believe that I achieved it and boy do I feel good...yeah....I feel good and also too for the fact that this morning I could still walk and what we ended up doing today because weather had changed again and forecast was right about rain coming in so we took ourselves along to the recently renovated swimming pool at Gourock and which has added a gym and other facilities and transformed itself into a leisure centre and we went to the gym supposedly for just an hour....that was all we paid for....but ended up staying a little over 1 1/2 hours and it was terrific....I cycled again for 2 miles and went on the treadmill for a 1/2 hour and I wasn't strolling along on it either...not running but not strolling...and also used a machine they don't have at the Largs gym where you are pushing the weight you have set purely with your legs and I worked up to 40 kilos and pushed that weight for 30 goes....Tarzan's wee sister is emerging here !!! LOL.   Although exhausted Matthew enjoyed himself so much that a trip back to the gym plus a trip and another cycle round Cumbrae have already been voted for for next week ....I certainly hope we get another great day for doing just that for I had a super time and the laughs we both had....well, how do you really measure fun ??? :)))))   Also too got to say it was great seeing Matthew's reaction to doing something he really wanted to do and that was travel on a ferry.....I had hardly parked the car on the car deck when he was out the door and away up the stairs onto the top deck.....at that point I will admit it was definitely great "old" aunt following him....he sort of jumped and bounced up them and I just walked sedately !!! LOL. 

So my resolution for first week of September is definitely to make sure Matthew continues to enjoy this holiday as much as he has so far and give him as much of myself as I am able and to continue with my very definite "going places" exercise regime !! :)

Photo I am going to put in Sylvie for September is a picture of my wee tricycle that I hired on Cumbrae and it is blue with a little white wire basket at the back and I have taken a picture of the September page from the MB calendar and placed it, supposedly, in the little basket and the picture of Michael that it contains is one of him on stage and it is an oldie with all the hair !! :)

Sylvia.   Your wee Scottish friend.

HeySylvia,

Wow, it sure sounds like you 2 had some fun as well as alot of exercise:)! That's alot of miles, I don't think I could do it without my "Aleve" ! LOL:)!

Mary (Meg's mom)!

It was great fun Mary but possibly should have added that the trip round the island did involve quite a few stops.....not quite one every mile, BUT............ !!! LOL.    Have put a few photos over in FB in one of my albums but because they are getting lost amongst all the others I am going to create a new album just for Matthew's holiday so if you want to go over and take a look at please feel free to do so - okay ??? :))))

Sylvia.  Your wee Scottish friend.

I know we are only at the beginning of September but think these two pictures will show you what the Wee One is up to now and poor Matthew still has a week to go on his holidays !!!!! LOL.

First picture Sylvie and Robin CA shows me holding an Eagle Owl called Bailey on my hand and the other shows me with a python draped around my neck.....just the normal things you do when in Largs !!!! LOL.

Now I wonder what tomorrow will bring ???????????????? LOL. 

Well Wee One, looks as if you are having the time of your life, snakeskin is in you know, you are definitely in style here, LOL....., both pics are nice. Hope Matthew survives his great aunts agendas, LOL......., you are both having a great time I am sure. There is just one thing missing here though, WHERE IS MATTHEW??????

Have Fun!!!!

Kathy T.:-))

Just for you Kathy T .....Matthew and I on a speed boat this afternoon which does trips around Largs Bay....I thoroughly enjoyed but he was ecstatic and it was great to see him enjoying himself so much...FANTASTIC !!! :)

Thanks Wee One,

You both look like very happy tourists. You inspired me to touch base with my own great nephew today. He is 12, lives in Ohio now where my nephew is stationed in the Air Force. Sometime I will tell you our Christmas stories back when he and my grandson were quite young, but for now, thank you so much for the photo just for me of you both.

Hugs,

Kathy T.:-))

OMG....Wee One we better get you a MB concert before you completely LOSE your mind!!!! The owl is cute ....but the snake??????? And in the snake photo it looks like you have a crazy hat on!!! It certainly goes with the crazy lady holding the snake!!!! LOL

Kathy and LAFD Bob

Love the trike photo Wee One!!! Thrilled that you and Matthew are having a great time on the town!!! I am enjoying the "preview" of Scotland...taking notes....but NO snakes!!!!

Kathy and LAFD Bob

Hey Sylvia, did you ever think of being some kind of tour guide? You sound like you're having a ball and I'm really glad to hear  that so is Matthew! I personally wouldn't do much with my grand-niece: she's only 2! :D Thanks for the update and pic description Sylvia, take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service