New Year Resolutions for 2013......with a completely NEW slant !!!

Hi folks and as we are now into 2013 and I have managed to get into MB's (couldn't last night - problems with laptop) have decided, whilst the going is good, to get this thread kicked off for another year.

Sylvie and I still believe we should follow same pattern as for last year with us setting ourselves targets of what we hope to achieve each month and of course, any number of resolutions can be followed each month as well as any number being carried over into the following month where it may end up becoming something that we want to achieve throughout the year but the main thing is that, what we set ourselves, we attempt to achieve and we lend our support to each other in trying to reach our goals.

Please consider joining us for a little bit of seriousness but Sylvie and I hope too, a huge lot of laughs throughout the year because that is, without doubt, the #1 Resolution of this thread, to have, FUN !! :) 

We also believe that we should extend a very warm welcome to our very own "boss", Michael, for he has given us, so far, three of his own resolutions which he hopes to achieve this year and so we invite him to share with us on here how he is getting on achieving his goals and also, if he just wants a little bit of encouragement to keep going with his aims, we are here to support him and we want him to know that.   Also if he decides, at some point in time throughout the year, to set himself another goal he is more than welcome to share it with us on here and again, we will give him all the support he needs !! :)  Believe, more than appropriate to place Michael's 3 Resolutions on here along with pictures he sent and so here is the first........................

"New Year Resolution #1.  Spend lotsa time with Millie & Gwenny! MB" and the picture is a beautiful one of Michael standing at a patio door, at home in Westport, holding Amelia (Millie) in his arms and it was taken at same time as the beautiful one he sent of himself sitting at table working on book with Amelia dancing in background and in this one Michael is facing camera and he is holding Amelia, who is in profile, but the beautiful thing is she has a little back-pack strapped on and she has an arm up going across strap as though showing the world; "this is mine and your not getting it" or at least trying to keep it on her shoulder for it does look a little bitty big !! :)

"New Year Resolution #2.  Enjoy more golf with great buddies like Bruce & Dan. MB" and in this picture are the three of them along with, I believe MB's caddy, for it is an older picture and I am sure it is taken at one of the golf competitions and they are standing on one of the greens of the course.  I will check it out and find out exactly when taken once access into my files is a little bitty easier, safer and more guaranteed than of now !! LOL. 

Now for Resolution #3........

"New Years Resolution #3.  Keep the reciprocal inspiration going with amazing artists like Melanie!" and this picture is a beautiful one of a close up, from waist, of MB and Melanie Fiona and Michael's smile is one of the widest and happiest that he gives and equally too, so is Melanie's......it is a beautiful picture !! :)

Here is #4......"New Year Resolution #4 continue to revel in all the greats who paved the paths. MB" and in this picture Michael is, I believe, in the Motown Museum for there are a couple of pictures on the wall and you can see a couple and I think, one is of Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell and the other is of The Temptations and am now changing that thought for sure as I believe now it is in fact of Quincey Jones.....could be totally wrong, nowt new there then....and Michael is standing looking up towards what I would imagine is another picture you cannot see and at his back you can see part of a piano and that is what makes me think it is the Museum and it is the piano that was originally used in a lot of the Motown recordings and which was restored last year.

Now I believe we will have to wait for #5 and I am pretty certain there is going to be one and I wonder how many there could be in total.....7 ????? lol.    Must say that I do hope Michael isn't celebrating his 60th birthday this year by pulling a joke on us all with these resolutions for.....to date.....there have been 4 and we have another 56 days till the 26th February....56 + 4 = 60......coincidence ??????? LOL.    Obviously if anymore do appear I will place on here !!! :)

.........and #5 has just popped up and it is..............."New Years resolution #5 Dream bigger & bolder than ever!!" and the picture that goes along with is a wonderfully, stunningly, beautiful one and a view to get lost in anytime of the year !! :)    It is looking off into the horizon and is taken at sunset and you can see a little strip of land which is dark with palm trees on and there dark shadows creep up into the sunset and just before horizon is a strip of water and you are not half way up on the picture for the following section takes you onto the horizon where the sun is setting and what is captured there would stand alone as an absolutely beautiful picture for the sky is on fire and you can feel the heat, if any could be generated from it let alone the tremendous light shining out....I know I am letting my imagination run riot but I don't believe there would be many who wouldn't see something like that looking at something so beautiful.....and then the top half of the picture is of clouds appearing dark because of the sunset and they are of all various shapes and sizes with little whispy white ones too and in between them the brilliant blue sky shining through and in some respects it is like looking at day and night in the one picture for you have the brilliance of the sky above the clouds still bathed in sunshine with the land below entering night.  It is truly, truly gorgeous !! :)

We await #6 and I do not know how MB is going to top that one with the next photo !!! lol.

Hope you will all join in and more importantly, that you all enjoy this thread and cheers to you all for 2013 and may it prove to be one of the best years ever for us all with plenty of "Bolton Adventures" for us to share !! :)  

Sylvie from Canada and Sylvia from Scotland.

Views: 6016

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks for good wishes and am that excited have to report that I got THAT wall painted yesterday so that is outside of house complete.....yipeeeeeeeeee just to get those railings done and that is it and as it is the biggest task, DIY and volume wise, I have ever set myself and at 62 doing something like that which I have never even contemplated before, don't care if OTT and blowing my own trumpet, think I deserve this........................... 

Animated hand clap Sylvie !!!!!! LOL

Sylvia.  Your wee Scottish friend.

lol I know I'd appreciate it more if I could see it, but yes, you do deserve it Sylvia: take a bow! lol Just goes to show that ifyou put your mind to it, you can accomplish anything!It's been a good year so far accomplishment-wise so keep it up! Take care Sylvia. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie  Qc Canada :D

Hi Sylvia and everyone, well it’s been a busy day on the forum today and I’m just catching up. Well let’s see, the good news is that the humidity has finally broken here, so I’m walking more again. Copy-paste from last week on the E-filing and art supplies are getting there too, but not sure how much will be done this week since hubby’s on vacation. Between the humidity, storm, power and internet outages, I’ve managed to file away quite a few LP’s, but no box set. However, the closet is 2/3 done so hope to finish it up by the end of the month as projected. Sylvia, hope you’ve had good enough weather for your painting, take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada

You got in first this week Sylvie and although I knew yesterday was Monday I kind of forgot about this thread until I came in here just now and oh boy you should see it here right now.....have had a couple of good claps of thunder and rain just starting and it is so dark I have had to put on a table lamp to see this keyboard and two seconds ago I nearly fell over Jill in my hallway because I haven't got my storm door open which cuts down considerably on natural light .  The humidity is oppressive and and I have on the flimsiest of tops and it is sticking to me but thank goodness weather forecasters did get all right in saying this was coming in and it had to because our heat has just been wonderful and that is nearly three weeks without any rain so although hose on this it sure can do with .....it is really coming now and not a clap but one huge crack there, oh boy I wish it was night and could see the lightening mind you if good sheet lightening or a huge fork think sky is that black may just see.

On painting got everything done and also got side flowerbed and all its shrubs cut back and place looking pretty good so just to tackle those railings and I will be one happy bunny this year and considering definitely still got August/September to get done, know I will....yipeeeee !!! :)  Mind you only trouble is then have to start back in the house again for have to admit every time I look at paintwork in hallway ....oh boy, but at least that is the only place that definitely needs attention and if I do anymore it will just be because my fancy takes me so all in all not a bad little year for what I have done and certainly means when autumn/fall comes in I will have time to hit that gym again.

Yesterday too turned out pretty good for I had a hospital appointment and consultant put it to me that as results haven't changed for a number of years he suggested going to GP  for a blood test each year instead of all the way to hospital.....and again, yipeeeeee for it is one I have been going to for over 50 years now....even he thought that was a record....one down two to go but don't believe I will ever get out of the other two as easy;  maybe in another 50 years I might make it....what do you think ????? LOL   Then of course yesterday our little Royal baby was born.....great excitement and here one of our news programmes was all it had on and have TV on just now ....shouldn't have with a thunderstorm and come to think about it should have this little laptop closed down too......but.....and looks as though until they leave hospital it is going to be the same but doesn't it appear, this year, that it is the year of the BOY for it seems all wee sons and grandsons being born and see no name yet except he will be known as the Prince  (?)  of Cambridge.....so pleased for them because like them both and pleased that it is all over for Kate.

Nowt else to report for week gone and just to hope get something done with railings this week and am hitting the diet harder as again I have become stuck....oh boy my metabolism;  think it needs a good kick somewhere !!! LOL   Hope your week keeps going okay Sylvie and hope your weather settles down too and obviously too for any lurkers that are about hope whatever you have set yourself, not only for this week but for the month of July, is going according to plan whether it be a task or an actual resolution hope your efforts are being well rewarded !! :)

Hey Sylvia, we had that storm last Friday and there are people still without power here. I couldn’t believe how you were describing yours, still being on the lap top! Lol Yes, I’d say you really buckled down and worked your tail off this year Sylvia... I’m really glad to hear your good health news, could you PM me about that? I think I know 2 of the reasons for tests but not the third. Well you’ve announced the Royal baby news to me. I only heard yesterday morning that Kate was in the first stages of labor. Another little prince! Well, something tells me that you may have been dipping in the frozen treats, simply as a cooling tool, of course... ;D I frankly couldn’t blame you because it sounds like your heatwave was as bad as ours. It’s still humid, but 26 is much better than 33+, thank you very much! As for your railings, you probably need to strip them or sand them first anyway and that’s a job in itself. BTW, may I ask what colors everything is? I just want a mental picture... :D Well anyway, keep up the good work Sylvia and have a good week. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada

It's been HOT here in Kentucky too, I hate it! I am a Spring & Fall person...that weather is perfect:)! We're getting rain here & there, but it's still Hot!

Glad you got your Special Project finished Sylvia:)! Now Rest a bit..enjoy some MB Music! And Relax!!!

Glad the Royal family is doing Great! You'll get the 1st pix Sylvia I know! LOL:)!

Just stopped in to say Hi to you All on here!

Mary (meg's mom)!

Just to say that by lunchtime Michael Bolton seized up, had just written a rather long message to a friend and it wouldn't send...air was kind of blue....and then my hub went down and I only got it back up about 6.00 and repeated my message to him and then watched the wee Prince coming out the hospital with mummy and daddy....it was lovely and his wee hands were up by his face and wee fingers were all going and William and Kate were wonderful and William has changed his first nappy/diaper !!!! LOL.

Just to say I may not be on here as much in the next couple of weeks as this afternoon I got a surprise visit from a cousin from Aberdeen in Scotland who I haven't seen for a few years although we keep in touch at Christmas with letters and her husband and with them was another cousin, her brother, from Australia along with his daughter and I haven't seen them since 2008 when they were last over and I didn't know they were coming.....they have decided to come this year as firstly his daughter has financial things to sort out here, they used to live in Largs many, many years ago so still have roots here and also their youngest brother was taken into a care home end last year as he is suffering from Altzheimers so really a last visit home from Hamish to say goodbye to his brother as he is not getting any younger nor is in the best of health himself;   just to explain they are much, much older than me for it is actually his daughter, Kirstine, that is nearer in age to me for she is just a couple of years younger for I am actually the second youngest of all the cousins and as my brother is 83 and both Beth and Hamish are older than him there are a little bit of age gaps which don't always appear in families and it is of course too because my mother was second youngest of seven sisters and one brother but we had a great afternoon of catching up and going back in the past and once they get properly settled down I will be seeing quite a bit of them so just to say if I appear to be missing just think yourselfs all lucky that you are getting a bit of peace and thank goodness I got all that paintwork done but that is the railings up the shoot for a little while !!! lol

Enjoy your family time Sylvia and we'll hold down the fort! Take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada

Thanks for dropping in Mary. I know you're too busy to have some kind of resolution or project, but it's nice to have you here. :D Take care sweetie. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada

Hey Sylvia and everyone, I hope you all had a good week, project or resolution-wise. I'm reporting here before I get off the computer. Well I have to admit the filing took  a backseat this past week because hubby was on vacation and he kept me pretty busy. I did some E-filing, walked a lot with all the shopping and window shopping we did. I took advantage of the fact that he was here and I organized and labeled LP boxsets, which will make it easier to file them away. I did  file away a box set, but a DVD box set that had been pending. I haven't been able to touch my closet but will get back on the chain-gang this week. I hope you all got at least some things accomplished: we can't win them all all the time, right? :D Anyway, hope everyone has a good week, especially since it can be hard to stay focussed in the lazy days of summer. Take care and hugs to all, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada

Believe here I could open by saying; "Great minds think alike............................!!!" and conveniently forget to finish it but I was just over in New Videos thread putting in some links to some very, very, very short videos of Michael last night in Barletta and then thought of popping in here and when I came to come in spotted that you, Sylvie, have just been in and glad to hear that you have managed to keep going, during week, with some of the things you wanted to get done because here ......nothing to report......haven't done a thing and quite honestly don't even know where the week has gone so really I might as well just sign my name and leave through the nearest exit !!!!! LOL.

One thing I can share because I was kind of celebrating and kind of delighted about it but it has nothing to do with resolutions just my digressing again and going completely and utterly off topic BUT I got my driving license renewed for a further three years .....yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee !!!! lol   I have kind of been sitting on nettles for the past few weeks as I had to go and get the necessary tests done that the driving authority here make me have every so often (previous was three years) and although kind of confident that I had passed their criteria to be fit to drive there is always that little niggle until you finally get the confirmation in the form of a driving license and it arrived last week and I celebrated by having a whole toffee cheesecake to myself....forget the champagne just stuff the food in and it is more than peculiar BUT I never lost any weight last week !!!!!!!!!!!!! ROFL.  Now for a BIG awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww for Sod's Law came on the scene and my car broke down on Saturday.....yeah, get your driving license but you don't have a car.....something just not quite right there !!!!! LOL   Took her to garage today to see what is what for it is a warning light that came on and stayed on and it may be very little or, something completely and utterly, major....have to wait and see what the diagnosis is!!!! :(

Wish you luck with your closet, Sylvie!! I think I am off to find a cheesecake before I go to work today, LOL....

Hugs,

Kathy T. :)

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service