New Year Resolutions for 2013......with a completely NEW slant !!!

Hi folks and as we are now into 2013 and I have managed to get into MB's (couldn't last night - problems with laptop) have decided, whilst the going is good, to get this thread kicked off for another year.

Sylvie and I still believe we should follow same pattern as for last year with us setting ourselves targets of what we hope to achieve each month and of course, any number of resolutions can be followed each month as well as any number being carried over into the following month where it may end up becoming something that we want to achieve throughout the year but the main thing is that, what we set ourselves, we attempt to achieve and we lend our support to each other in trying to reach our goals.

Please consider joining us for a little bit of seriousness but Sylvie and I hope too, a huge lot of laughs throughout the year because that is, without doubt, the #1 Resolution of this thread, to have, FUN !! :) 

We also believe that we should extend a very warm welcome to our very own "boss", Michael, for he has given us, so far, three of his own resolutions which he hopes to achieve this year and so we invite him to share with us on here how he is getting on achieving his goals and also, if he just wants a little bit of encouragement to keep going with his aims, we are here to support him and we want him to know that.   Also if he decides, at some point in time throughout the year, to set himself another goal he is more than welcome to share it with us on here and again, we will give him all the support he needs !! :)  Believe, more than appropriate to place Michael's 3 Resolutions on here along with pictures he sent and so here is the first........................

"New Year Resolution #1.  Spend lotsa time with Millie & Gwenny! MB" and the picture is a beautiful one of Michael standing at a patio door, at home in Westport, holding Amelia (Millie) in his arms and it was taken at same time as the beautiful one he sent of himself sitting at table working on book with Amelia dancing in background and in this one Michael is facing camera and he is holding Amelia, who is in profile, but the beautiful thing is she has a little back-pack strapped on and she has an arm up going across strap as though showing the world; "this is mine and your not getting it" or at least trying to keep it on her shoulder for it does look a little bitty big !! :)

"New Year Resolution #2.  Enjoy more golf with great buddies like Bruce & Dan. MB" and in this picture are the three of them along with, I believe MB's caddy, for it is an older picture and I am sure it is taken at one of the golf competitions and they are standing on one of the greens of the course.  I will check it out and find out exactly when taken once access into my files is a little bitty easier, safer and more guaranteed than of now !! LOL. 

Now for Resolution #3........

"New Years Resolution #3.  Keep the reciprocal inspiration going with amazing artists like Melanie!" and this picture is a beautiful one of a close up, from waist, of MB and Melanie Fiona and Michael's smile is one of the widest and happiest that he gives and equally too, so is Melanie's......it is a beautiful picture !! :)

Here is #4......"New Year Resolution #4 continue to revel in all the greats who paved the paths. MB" and in this picture Michael is, I believe, in the Motown Museum for there are a couple of pictures on the wall and you can see a couple and I think, one is of Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell and the other is of The Temptations and am now changing that thought for sure as I believe now it is in fact of Quincey Jones.....could be totally wrong, nowt new there then....and Michael is standing looking up towards what I would imagine is another picture you cannot see and at his back you can see part of a piano and that is what makes me think it is the Museum and it is the piano that was originally used in a lot of the Motown recordings and which was restored last year.

Now I believe we will have to wait for #5 and I am pretty certain there is going to be one and I wonder how many there could be in total.....7 ????? lol.    Must say that I do hope Michael isn't celebrating his 60th birthday this year by pulling a joke on us all with these resolutions for.....to date.....there have been 4 and we have another 56 days till the 26th February....56 + 4 = 60......coincidence ??????? LOL.    Obviously if anymore do appear I will place on here !!! :)

.........and #5 has just popped up and it is..............."New Years resolution #5 Dream bigger & bolder than ever!!" and the picture that goes along with is a wonderfully, stunningly, beautiful one and a view to get lost in anytime of the year !! :)    It is looking off into the horizon and is taken at sunset and you can see a little strip of land which is dark with palm trees on and there dark shadows creep up into the sunset and just before horizon is a strip of water and you are not half way up on the picture for the following section takes you onto the horizon where the sun is setting and what is captured there would stand alone as an absolutely beautiful picture for the sky is on fire and you can feel the heat, if any could be generated from it let alone the tremendous light shining out....I know I am letting my imagination run riot but I don't believe there would be many who wouldn't see something like that looking at something so beautiful.....and then the top half of the picture is of clouds appearing dark because of the sunset and they are of all various shapes and sizes with little whispy white ones too and in between them the brilliant blue sky shining through and in some respects it is like looking at day and night in the one picture for you have the brilliance of the sky above the clouds still bathed in sunshine with the land below entering night.  It is truly, truly gorgeous !! :)

We await #6 and I do not know how MB is going to top that one with the next photo !!! lol.

Hope you will all join in and more importantly, that you all enjoy this thread and cheers to you all for 2013 and may it prove to be one of the best years ever for us all with plenty of "Bolton Adventures" for us to share !! :)  

Sylvie from Canada and Sylvia from Scotland.

Views: 6016

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Sylvia, well you’re excused for today, not to have your head on straight! Lol That was me last week... :D Good for you going to the gym twice!  So whatever happened to that hallway painting? Or is the budget all going for Michael’s U.K. tour? :D I’m really happy for you having all this time to plan Sylvia and more time to save up for everything involved with this fun holliday... :D  Well on my side, I’m doing really well with my monster box set and might have finished it, if I hadn’t listened to my favourite CD 3 or 4 times! Lol I said I wouldn’t really do anything, but I did after all: I lodged a couple of organizers in my closet, got rid of some boxes and even gave clothes away! However, I discovered I need to do a bunch of Braille reading, which I’ll have to try and start, especially since most of it is old news... ;D Things pile up while you’re not looking. I guess that’ll be my next project, while keeping up with the box set filing. Break a leg on those tickets Sylvia and at least, stay away from the sweets! Take care Sylvia and have a great week. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie QC Canada :D

Oh NO.....this is Tuesday; forgot all about on Monday but maybe deliberate for nothing to report, absolutely nothing......except......does everyone know that Michael is doing a UK Tour next year and I am going to 6 concerts.......WHAT (?).....did someone say there's an ECHO starting on here.... wait till you hear how loud the echo gets in April 2014....WOW....think it could be somewhere near ear splitting !!!!! LOL.   Excitement building for I have started on a serious schedule for this holiday and actually started looking at B&B's and whilst having little look at where might spend leisure time have got to seriously look at accommodation on nights of shows because have got to get somewhere within walking distance from theatres or hopefully as near as, so, might as well get them sorted out and out the road first . 

As I have said I have done nothing else except exercising at home for our weather has been horrendous and one day heading to gym but started to hit flooding and as it was still raining decided to turn back and yesterday we had equivalent of a monsoon....oh boy, if you had seen it and heard it, it was something else, I kid you not but at least today, so far, a little better so I am going to take chance and head for the gym and if I am not back on here.....send out the lifeboat !!!! LOL.

Hope everything going better for everyone else than my stagnation.....need to give myself a kick, I think !!!!! LOL

Sylvia.  Your wee Scottish friend.

Hey Sylvia, I did think about posting, as I was getting off the computer yesterday... XP Well it’s nice to know You’re exercizing, but is it more than just your eyes and fingers on the old keyboard? :D  I’m really happy you have so much time in advance to book everything you have to book Sylvia. I hope you’re having fun, but personally, I’m glad I only have to secure a ride... :D No problem Sylvia: if you’re not back within 24 hours, we’ll send a lifeboat with a handsome captain to rescue you! Lol  Speaking in sea terms, me thinks you do need to kick yourself in the pants! :D I find that for myself, when I need to get motivated for something I don’t feel like doing, I postpone the good stuff until I’ve been a good girl. For example, watch the RAH DVD after I’ve finished vacuuming... :D Just a thought. Well on my side, I’m proud to have kept my in-box clean, finished my box set and started on the Braille pile. I just really don’t like to sit and read. I love books, but I like to listen and be productive at the same time. My next art project is coming along nicely, though I haven’t put a deadline on that one. I haven’t done much, but at least, I’m not stagnating. That’s about the size of it for this week Sylvia. Now you get to that gym missy: you have  7 months to work on that 6-pack! :D Take care sweetie. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie QC Canada

Glad everything going okay for you Sylvie and as you can see I am back mind you I might not have bothered if I realized you were looking for a handsome captain to man the lifeboat; could give you a clue for a hint of captain I wouldn't mind being rescued by; JS aka MB....just a thought and know a lot of people wouldn't think of him....yeah, as if !!!! LOL.

I played the procrastinator this afternoon and got to Post Office and posted parcel and went to supermarket for a couple of little groceries and popped into another shop for birthday present and then time was getting on and sun kind of came out so I went for a walk instead of gym.....at least I suppose I did do some exercise, eh ?????? LOL

I know Sylvie only seven months to lose 1 1/2 stone;  get the six pack back;  decide on a hair style;  get the nails done;  decide on make-up....wonder if you can get cheap face lifts where the swelling has gone down in seven months (LOL);  decide what I'm going to wear......OMG do you think seven months is going to be long enough  ??????? LOL.

Sylvia.  Your wee Scottish friend.

Hey Sylvia, lol anytime the word “captain” is mentioned around here, I think the reference goes without saying... :D  As far as physical activity, walking definitely counts Sylvia: I don’t mention it any more, but I still walk 1 or 2 hours a day, 1 in the afternoon and 1 at night while watching TV when I can. Sylvia, OMG, now that you’ve put all you have to consider in writing, OMG, you’d better get cracking! XD Well seriously Sylvia, maybe if you walk a lot while trying to find a new outfit, that’ll get you to exercize and maybe motivate you to fit into something special. Plus, if you walk around in the cold, it’ll preserve you better so you won’t have to worry about facelift! Lmao Good luck Sylvia, take care sweetie and thanks for the smile. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie QC Canada :D

Sylvie & Sylvia, You 2 are a "Hoot"......LMBO:)! Getting ready for Michael:)! If he only knew what we go through:)!

Mary (meg's mom)!

Hey Mary, good to read you on here and glad to hear you're entertained! :D BTW, I've been walking for a few months now Mary: it doesn't have anything to do with getting in shape in the eventuality of a concert and M&G, really... ;D Or maybe I've been figuratively walking towards that goal? lol Yep, think maybe it's time to walk towards  my bed instead... Take care Mary. Big hugs, sincerely, Sylvie QC Canada XD 

Glad you got a laugh Mary and think it will be an even bigger laugh as the months close in on these concerts for us both and panic really starts to grip.......for an example, I just about fainted yesterday, for I broke a nail....OMG, will it grow in time for Michael .....panic, panic, panic, ????? lol  Seriously though I am really starting to think that I will wear a big baggy t-shirt, pair of leggings, trainers, no make-up and hair needing washed and just say to him that I wanted to be different from the crowd for who needs chic and sophisticated all the time.....????.....LMBO

Sylvia.   Your wee Scottish friend.

Sylvia, no! From now on, "panic" is a dirty word! lolTry "apprehension" instead, please! lol You know, I think Michael would remember you if you met him in that"get-up"... lmao Sylvia, thanks for the laugh this morning, take  care sweetie. Big hugs, sincerely, Sylvie QC Canada XD

Ditto, Sylvie, to Sylvia......LOL.....we need to help Sylvia become a beauty queen in 7 months....LOL.....

Okay Sylvia.....retail and clothes are my expertise as Sylvie can tell you so when you and I both have time we will talk about your attire for these concerts.....you are going to look gorgeous!!!! ;)))) Hugs,

Kathy T. :)

I think as far as clothing goes, don't pick a black top for the concert that you have your meet/greet. MB wears alot of black and if you get your pics with him and you both have on black, and then there is a dark background-pics do not come out well at all. If you want to look thinner pick a solid color and something that stands out, blue would be pretty on you Sylvia. I wear dark slacks but not a solid black or solid dark top if there is a chance for a photo with him.. Just a suggestion as MB tends to wear black more than not.. LOL  Between all the suggestions made, you will be beautiful!!!  I don't think you really need all this help but it's fun of it all!! :)

Robin in MD:)

Hey Robin, well it's times like these where your concert and pic experience comes in handy! :D You're right: the build-up to a first concert is almost as fun as getting there. Remember when Dianna from Australia was about to go to her first concert?

http://www.michaelbolton.com/forum/topics/michael-bolton-brisbane-26th

That was a lot of fun! :D Well anyway, thanks for sharing your tip Robin, take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie QC Canada :D

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service