New Year Resolutions for 2013......with a completely NEW slant !!!

Hi folks and as we are now into 2013 and I have managed to get into MB's (couldn't last night - problems with laptop) have decided, whilst the going is good, to get this thread kicked off for another year.

Sylvie and I still believe we should follow same pattern as for last year with us setting ourselves targets of what we hope to achieve each month and of course, any number of resolutions can be followed each month as well as any number being carried over into the following month where it may end up becoming something that we want to achieve throughout the year but the main thing is that, what we set ourselves, we attempt to achieve and we lend our support to each other in trying to reach our goals.

Please consider joining us for a little bit of seriousness but Sylvie and I hope too, a huge lot of laughs throughout the year because that is, without doubt, the #1 Resolution of this thread, to have, FUN !! :) 

We also believe that we should extend a very warm welcome to our very own "boss", Michael, for he has given us, so far, three of his own resolutions which he hopes to achieve this year and so we invite him to share with us on here how he is getting on achieving his goals and also, if he just wants a little bit of encouragement to keep going with his aims, we are here to support him and we want him to know that.   Also if he decides, at some point in time throughout the year, to set himself another goal he is more than welcome to share it with us on here and again, we will give him all the support he needs !! :)  Believe, more than appropriate to place Michael's 3 Resolutions on here along with pictures he sent and so here is the first........................

"New Year Resolution #1.  Spend lotsa time with Millie & Gwenny! MB" and the picture is a beautiful one of Michael standing at a patio door, at home in Westport, holding Amelia (Millie) in his arms and it was taken at same time as the beautiful one he sent of himself sitting at table working on book with Amelia dancing in background and in this one Michael is facing camera and he is holding Amelia, who is in profile, but the beautiful thing is she has a little back-pack strapped on and she has an arm up going across strap as though showing the world; "this is mine and your not getting it" or at least trying to keep it on her shoulder for it does look a little bitty big !! :)

"New Year Resolution #2.  Enjoy more golf with great buddies like Bruce & Dan. MB" and in this picture are the three of them along with, I believe MB's caddy, for it is an older picture and I am sure it is taken at one of the golf competitions and they are standing on one of the greens of the course.  I will check it out and find out exactly when taken once access into my files is a little bitty easier, safer and more guaranteed than of now !! LOL. 

Now for Resolution #3........

"New Years Resolution #3.  Keep the reciprocal inspiration going with amazing artists like Melanie!" and this picture is a beautiful one of a close up, from waist, of MB and Melanie Fiona and Michael's smile is one of the widest and happiest that he gives and equally too, so is Melanie's......it is a beautiful picture !! :)

Here is #4......"New Year Resolution #4 continue to revel in all the greats who paved the paths. MB" and in this picture Michael is, I believe, in the Motown Museum for there are a couple of pictures on the wall and you can see a couple and I think, one is of Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell and the other is of The Temptations and am now changing that thought for sure as I believe now it is in fact of Quincey Jones.....could be totally wrong, nowt new there then....and Michael is standing looking up towards what I would imagine is another picture you cannot see and at his back you can see part of a piano and that is what makes me think it is the Museum and it is the piano that was originally used in a lot of the Motown recordings and which was restored last year.

Now I believe we will have to wait for #5 and I am pretty certain there is going to be one and I wonder how many there could be in total.....7 ????? lol.    Must say that I do hope Michael isn't celebrating his 60th birthday this year by pulling a joke on us all with these resolutions for.....to date.....there have been 4 and we have another 56 days till the 26th February....56 + 4 = 60......coincidence ??????? LOL.    Obviously if anymore do appear I will place on here !!! :)

.........and #5 has just popped up and it is..............."New Years resolution #5 Dream bigger & bolder than ever!!" and the picture that goes along with is a wonderfully, stunningly, beautiful one and a view to get lost in anytime of the year !! :)    It is looking off into the horizon and is taken at sunset and you can see a little strip of land which is dark with palm trees on and there dark shadows creep up into the sunset and just before horizon is a strip of water and you are not half way up on the picture for the following section takes you onto the horizon where the sun is setting and what is captured there would stand alone as an absolutely beautiful picture for the sky is on fire and you can feel the heat, if any could be generated from it let alone the tremendous light shining out....I know I am letting my imagination run riot but I don't believe there would be many who wouldn't see something like that looking at something so beautiful.....and then the top half of the picture is of clouds appearing dark because of the sunset and they are of all various shapes and sizes with little whispy white ones too and in between them the brilliant blue sky shining through and in some respects it is like looking at day and night in the one picture for you have the brilliance of the sky above the clouds still bathed in sunshine with the land below entering night.  It is truly, truly gorgeous !! :)

We await #6 and I do not know how MB is going to top that one with the next photo !!! lol.

Hope you will all join in and more importantly, that you all enjoy this thread and cheers to you all for 2013 and may it prove to be one of the best years ever for us all with plenty of "Bolton Adventures" for us to share !! :)  

Sylvie from Canada and Sylvia from Scotland.

Views: 6016

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello Sylvie, Sylvia evening and Katia. I will not say more about the figure tells me my balance!! You are on the right track all three. Persevere. And there are still 15 days to reach our goal. Sincerely. Françoise.

Hi Sylvie, Katia and Francoise and thanks for all you words of support with my "exceptional" weight loss and for all your encouragement to keep going which I can assure you I will be, not just because I want to, but because I need to.......lymph glands and kidneys do not like extra weight and they soon let you know when too much has arrived or, at least, mine let me know !!! LOL.

Do hope you all continue to reach your goals and that you find it not too hard a task !!! :)

See you all soon !!! LOL

Salut Sylvie, Katia et Françoise et Merci pour tous les mots de soutien avec mon « exceptionnel » perte de poids et pour tous vos encouragements continuer à qui je peux vous assurer que vous je serai, non seulement parce que je veux, mais parce que j'ai besoin de... des ganglions lymphatiques et les reins n'aiment pas un poids supplémentaire et ils bientôt vous permettent de savoir quand trop beaucoup est arrivé ou, au moins, mine faites le moi savoir ! LOL.

Espère que vous tous continuez à atteindre vos objectifs et que vous le trouver pas trop dure une tâche!!! :)

Vous voir tous bientôt ! LOL

Sylvia.   Your wee Scottish friend.

Bonne chance Françoise! Fais attention à toi. Câlins, sincèrement, Sylvie du Canada

WOW does everyone see what has happened to our pages ......WOW,   In honour of "Ain't No Mountain High Enough"   .......will describe later to you Sylvie what has happened but we have beautiful wallpaper sides to the pages and our names and different things that appear automatically have been changed to gold lettering......like a totally different website !!!! :)

Ooh, shiny! lol I'll wait for your description Sylvia, thanks in advance, take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

Hey Sylvia,

Yes this is Fancy stuff:)! Makes it look classier!

Mary (meg's mom)!

Matches the album cover on the main page...not sure it is the exact cover but looks nice!

I really do think it is beautiful  and as Mary says : "classier" !!!! LOL.   Just in case anyone who comes in here and sees where I have said about describing to Sylvie (and Robin  CA, even although she doesn't come in here)  thought I would combine website change with cover of CD and what I did last night was sent them an e-mail with descriptions of both so as not to fill the website up completely with my usual monologues !! lol   Hope that little piece of consideration, on my behalf, is taken into account and it is remembered, that once, I tried not to bore you all stupid !! LOL

Just a little update on my progress with resolutions/thingstodo because I have finished scrapping my kitchen BUT have discovered it is virtually impossible to do what I had thought of without it looking "tatty" so I am going to have to wallpaper whole of kitchen.....can still end up with overall design I wanted but can't emulsion straight onto the walls as I thought, therefore, a far bigger job has emerged and have discovered too a few little bits of plastering work I am going to have to do so, today, I am hitting the DIY store and the promise I am making myself is this kitchen is going to be finished by end January......and sitting here looking round right now .......that is some promise !!!!! lol.

Sylvia.  Your wee Scottish friend.

Hey Sylvia, you know your descriptions are always appreciated and as such, I never frankly thought of how boring that is for anyone else to read. Thanks again, by the way. On your kitchen, oh my, you think you'll be able to do this in 2 weeks? good luck! Well I guess if you do nothing else... :D Take your time and do it right: I'll forgive you if it's only done next month! lol Take care Sylvia and keep us posted. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

Hi all, I'm just taking a minute for my Monday update. My daughter left yesterday but I'm happy to report that I've walked 6  out of 7 days this week and continued work on my squares and I'm close to being done. I did a little labeling and filing, but should concentrate more on it next month. My planning isn't perfect, but I'm doing better than expected so yay! Off to putting away laundry, hope to hear from everyone tomorrow! Take care and hugs to all, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

Glad to hear you are still managing to keep up with your plans Sylvie and I am not doing too bad either.....at least I have lost one more pound....WOW !!!! LOL.   Couldn't believe it when I stepped on the scales....another pound exactly but I suppose even if it is only a pound a week as long as they keep coming off and not going on then I'm heading in the right direction at least !! lol    Hopefully once I get back to gym and weather gets a little warmer so that I can go for walks I'll start to lose a little more per week.....hopefully !!! lol.

Kitchen is coming along and got all full lengths of wallpaper up so now it is the slower bits that all need cutting for round corners, above units, below units, etc., etc.    Give you a laugh with one piece:   my ceilings are reasonably high, so I am up and down a ladder a lot, but with this one piece I had it all up perfectly at top and came down ladder, fixing into position, and got to the bottom but because wall not straight it was all over to the one side so I pulled the bottom out from the wall and started placing properly and was going to work back up the wall .....wallpaper had a different idea....... top came straight off wall and right over me:   oh dear, if you had seen me trying to get down from the second step up these ladders with wallpaper right over me and trying to get it off without tearing it to shreds.....I couldn't stop laughing and am certain it must have looked better than anything Laurel and Hardy ever did !!!! LOL.  Needless to say once I did get that piece up that was me finished for the night...in more ways than one !!! :)  See what the rest of this week brings as far as the decorating is concerned because definitely that is all I am concentrating on so hopefully next report will be.....all finished .....yeah, dream on !!! :)

Hey Sylvia, if you keep losing 1 pound a week, you won’t have to keep up with your resolution all year! Lol I’d say that if you’re consistently losing without walking, that’s pretty darn good! Well I don’t know how cold it is in Scotland, but here it’s bitterly and I mean bitterly cold: -38 Celsius with the wind-chill factor, which I’m thinking is in the neighbourhood of -20 Farenheit. Beautiful sunny days but you want to enjoy them doing something inside. Oh Sylvia, I read your comment yesterday and I’m still laughing reading it today! Lol What a picture! Lol Well congratulations on finishing up the wallpaper at least because that’s the biggest part to do. I’m putting finishing touches on Robin’s square, because I changed my mind about 4 times so hope to put them in the mail by the weekend. Keep up with the good work Sylvia, take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service