New Year Resolutions for 2014......with a completely NEW slant !!!

As Michael has supplied us with his Resolution for 2014 thought would get this thread underway and Michael's Resolution is.............. 

"My 2014 resolution is to spend more time in a state of gratitude for every moment I have and to especially show it for my family, friends & fans. HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE! LET'S MAKE IT GREAT!!"

........along with, I believe, a selfie which think has been taken whilst Michael has been out sightseeing in Galati, Romania.

Please feel free to pop in whenever you like to share with us your New Year Resolutions or, as Sylvie and I like to do, which is to set ourselves goals per month to try and achieve rather than the one for the whole year......a little bit of a variation on the theme and we have had fun doing it for over the past couple of years and hope 2014 proves to be as much fun and as they always say, the more the merrier, so please consider coming in and joining us.......everyone is more than welcome !!!! :)    BTW Sylvie and I also try to make it every Monday when we come in and compare notes but absolutely no restriction on when anyone prefers to come in....none whatsoever !!! :)

Believe the following, which Sylvie was sent, is more than appropriate to be placed on here and hope you all enjoy it !! :) 

The New Year       will suddenly appear on the horizon

The       Boarding on Flight 2014  Has been       announced.....
Your luggage       should only contain the best souvenirs from 2013
The bad and       sad moments should be left in the garbage....
The duration of       the flight will be 12 months.
The next       stop-overs will be :
Health,       Love, Joy, Harmony, Well-being and Peace
The Captain       offers you the following menu  Which will be served during       the flight :
A Cocktail of Friendship
A       Supreme of Health
A gratin of       prosperity
A Bowl of Excellent News
A Salad of Success
A Cake of       Happiness
All accompanied  By       burst of laughter
Wishing You and Yours  An enjoyable trip  On boardFlight       2014
May This Be Your Best Year Ever!!

Sylvie from Canada and Sylvia from Scotland.

Views: 6641

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks for up date Sylvie and glad to hear some things, if not all, going okay for you.....think you always find January can be a slow month to get things going and believe it is akin to mental exhaustion after the build up for Christmas and New Year;  well, that is my excuse and I'm sticking to it !!! LOL

I at least have one piece of good news and it is that the weight is going in the right direction....down !!! lol   I managed to lose just over 2 pounds last week so sticking to it this week and see if it brings same good results and if not know there are still wee things I can, either, cut down on, or, cut out so I am kind of pleased !!! :)

Sylvia    Your wee Scottish friend

Hi Sylvia, first, kudos on the step in the right direction: that's the best you've done this year! :D As far as your excuse, it sounds dangerously close to a saying we have here about being an excuse stitched with white thread... ;D Now, about the things you want to cut out, do you intend to bring them back once you've achieved your goal?It's none of my business Sylvia and I'm not saying I have all the answers, but I personally find it works for me to have sweets fairly often, but I have very little at a time and I walk it off. I don't know if that would help you but in any case, I hope you do find what works for you sweetie, take care Sylvia. Big hugs, sincerely, Sylvie QC Canada <3

Things I know I could cut down on are chocolate biscuits (never cut chocolate out completely because end up going on a binge if I do....been there, done it, worn the t-shirt) and amount of sugar on cornflakes in morning for that has crept back up and something I know I could and should cut out completely is rhubarb and ginger jam....I just about miss the bread out and scoop it straight out the jar.....LOL   Exercise regime I have to get back into for that has gone by the wayside a little;  so a lot of things I can still do to help but then the question gets raised.....will I, OR, will I not ???????LOL

Sylvia.  Your wee Scottish friend.

All I can say is break a leg Sylvia and have a wonderful journey on the road to self-discipline! :D Take care sweetie. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie QC Canada :D

Hey Sylvia, My Aunt use to make Rhubarb Pie from scratch,  I was a wee one and she had Us out pulling up this Rhubarb, I thought it was weeds of some sort, and turned my nose up and said I wasn't eating that pie, because it was out of weeds...LOL!!! That was way back...the good ole days, in the country:)! I just had to put my 2 cents in on that...don't choke on your wee cup of tea...when you read this....OMG....:)!

Mary (meg's mom)!

Oh Mary you do not know what you were missing with rhubarb pie....I love rhubarb and remember thinnest and reddest stalks are the best.  There is actually a Scots rhubarb plant, pretty rare nowadays, and it is the most delicious thin, thin stalks...gorgeous !!! lol     Rhubarb and custard....beautiful but just a little word of warning, if you do not know, rhubarb leafs are poisonous but can tell you if you have a lot of build up of sediment in a kettle, etc. boil rhubarb leafs in it and it cleans it like new....got to be extra careful that you rinse out exceptionally well after doing but can assure;  sparkling clean !!!! LOL

Just call this "Sylvia's household tips !!!!"  .....ROFL

Sylvia.   Your wee Scottish friend.

Hi folks and once again not a lot to report for I have stuck at same weight....oh dear....seriousness now has to go into the cut down process !!! LOL  Thought too as I had managed to get out for two long walks over week when our weather became a little better it may just have done something but alas, as they say, see what thought did.....nothing !!!! LOL   Need to get back to gym and exercise regime started but only trouble is with gym I have to go along coast road and our weather is still creating stormy conditions for Friday/Saturday we had gales of 70 mph with high tides which brought the surge right over the road and then when it is a good day for driving along would far rather enjoy a walk and get the sunshine on the old body.....can't win, can't I !!! LOL

One thing I have to report on which was something I was doing last year as it was that special something I had always wanted to do in my life but only with the aid of computer and a good site was I able to fulfil part of that dream and as some of you know, it was to go back through my ancestors......well, well, well have I a little thing to report on that.....indeed I have and it is something that has brought a smile to this old face for sure.    I hadn't been in site for a good couple of months and was starting to think what a waste of money keeping paying the monthly subscription I was paying and decided to go in and cancel subscription because I couldn't see myself going back into site any day soon;  went into site to cancel and spotted I had a message and what a message for it was from a girl who believed she was possibly a relative of mine.  From information she gave me I checked through my records and agreed with her that who she was talking about was definitely one of our clan and so I got in touch with her and she has since sent me another message to which I am going to respond today.   She hasn't got too much information on rest of clan and think she is in for a surprise at how many relatives she actually has and who she is is the granddaughter of one of my maternal great uncle's and Sylvie, remember I joked with you last year, about one of my relatives possibly being a neighbour of yours well it is becoming more and more less far fetched as it is Montreal that is popping up in everything.  I don't know just exactly where she stays, haven't been communicating on the level to get to there yet, but she is in Canada.   Will keep you up-dated with developments on that scene and I cannot wait to get onto my cousins and other relatives and let them know.  Feel pretty excited about it and where I did enjoy finding all the information I have done about ancestors this little bit has certainly added that extra something in making all the long hours of work more than very, very worthwhile !!! :)

Hi Sylvia, thanks for coming in early today! :D On your stubbornly stagnant progress on weight loss, I guess it’s time to crack the whip on that bad boy! I still say that any effort like the long walks is progress, because you’re training your mindset Sylvia and that is a step in the right direction. On the ancestry update, I’m really glad all your work wasn’t in vain and the important thing is that you’re networking and you never know what happens then. I’m really happy for you Sylvia! :D Well on my side, I’ve made some headway on the computer, though not as much as last week, but enough to register. The home projects are going well, but will have to take a break, pending getting rid of furniture for at least a couple of weeks. Unfortunately, the reading pile hasn’t moved, but other labelling and filing is progressing. Since this is a new month, let’s try and kick ourselves into achieving something this week Sylvia, what do you say? :D Break a leg on the gym and cutting sweets girl and break a leg to everyone with even small steps in resolutions and projects! Take care Sylvia. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie QC Canada

Nearly forgot this was Monday but really believe for this week there are more important things going on than bothering about what happened last week which for me was zilch....Winter Olympics started ....end of story for I have been curling, doing the mogul run along with the luge and as for that snowboarding slopestyle run I had to do....OMG I was out the park folks and can assure you I certainly was when our girl came third...the commentators were loud...geez you should have heard me Louise !!!!!!! LOL

Believe something very important is happening on Wednesday so giving this little thread a kind of cursory glance is definitely allowed this week....yeah....think you have all guessed it is a certain person going to a certain show !!!!!!! LOL   Hope you have a wonderful time Sylvie !!! :)

I would like to make more sport next week!

22... 23... 24... 25... 26...
hold, hold, hold!!!

I wish You a nice weekend!

Petra Christine (Germany)

Oh Petra that is beautiful apart from being absolutely cute and so, so much fun.....danke !!!! :)

Sylvia, what Petra has put in is a photo of a little dog lying on his back on a couch and he has his head resting on back of couch with both front paws lying at his side and his little back legs are together and he is raising them, supposedly up and down, in the air and as he is doing so he is counting 22;23;24;25;26 .....it really is a cute photo because he looks very much like a little puppy and he is white with face and ears being brown except for nose and patch going up which is still white....you could cuddle him even if you don't like dogs .....LOL

Thanks again Petra !!! :)

Hi everyone, well it looks like resolutions need a kick in the pants this month, so let's blame it on the weather! :D I hope at least some of us got some things done this week, aside from eating Valentine's treats. ;D Well on my side,I'd say that most of my projected goals are steadily forging ahead: house project, art project, organizing and flushing stuff off the computer. The only annoying one is that pesky braille reading that's moving at a snail's pace. I still need to figure out when is the best time to take the time for it. My problem is that it's mostly boring reading so I'm not motivated. Well anyway,I hope that everyone is taking steps to achieve their resolutions/goals and if you have tips on motivating me to read, let me know! lol Take care and hugs to all, sincerely, Sylvie QC Canada

P.S.: Thanks for your sympathy Kellie, I appreciate it. Good luck with your  newly acquired car. :D

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service