New Year Resolutions for 2014......with a completely NEW slant !!!

As Michael has supplied us with his Resolution for 2014 thought would get this thread underway and Michael's Resolution is.............. 

"My 2014 resolution is to spend more time in a state of gratitude for every moment I have and to especially show it for my family, friends & fans. HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE! LET'S MAKE IT GREAT!!"

........along with, I believe, a selfie which think has been taken whilst Michael has been out sightseeing in Galati, Romania.

Please feel free to pop in whenever you like to share with us your New Year Resolutions or, as Sylvie and I like to do, which is to set ourselves goals per month to try and achieve rather than the one for the whole year......a little bit of a variation on the theme and we have had fun doing it for over the past couple of years and hope 2014 proves to be as much fun and as they always say, the more the merrier, so please consider coming in and joining us.......everyone is more than welcome !!!! :)    BTW Sylvie and I also try to make it every Monday when we come in and compare notes but absolutely no restriction on when anyone prefers to come in....none whatsoever !!! :)

Believe the following, which Sylvie was sent, is more than appropriate to be placed on here and hope you all enjoy it !! :) 

The New Year       will suddenly appear on the horizon

The       Boarding on Flight 2014  Has been       announced.....
Your luggage       should only contain the best souvenirs from 2013
The bad and       sad moments should be left in the garbage....
The duration of       the flight will be 12 months.
The next       stop-overs will be :
Health,       Love, Joy, Harmony, Well-being and Peace
The Captain       offers you the following menu  Which will be served during       the flight :
A Cocktail of Friendship
A       Supreme of Health
A gratin of       prosperity
A Bowl of Excellent News
A Salad of Success
A Cake of       Happiness
All accompanied  By       burst of laughter
Wishing You and Yours  An enjoyable trip  On boardFlight       2014
May This Be Your Best Year Ever!!

Sylvie from Canada and Sylvia from Scotland.

Views: 6575

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey Sylvia, congrats on the weight loss: keep up the good work! Do tell about your garden girl. My sprouting tulips have been snowed on twice in the past week...;P At least I heard it would be a sunny week, so that’s a start. Well on my side, I did a major turnaround in my upstairs space and I’m finally happy with the changes. I’m still having to deal with furniture my kids left behind. :D I need to hang up a few things and I’ll finally be done. Last year’s good habits are still in place, computer filing is moving along, art project in the final phase  and I did read 3 times in the past week, though twice in the same day, but it’s a start! :D I know no one would know if I didn’t mention “twice in the same day”, but I need to hear it in writing so I can do better. Hope we all enjoy whatever spring comes our way and it boosts us all to keep on keeping on! Have a great week Sylvia and everyone, take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie QC Canada :D

Glad to hear things going okay Sylvie and hope it won't be too long till you can enjoy the Spring although it certainly appears that the grip of winter is holding on fast in some areas and on FB a lot were saying about having fresh falls of snow.  It was quite funny because Ryan Parrino had put out a picture of the view from his hotel window in Cancun and the scene was completely idyllic, blue skies, blue ocean and green, green grass but one of his friends back home said to him that they were having snow in CT and another posted a picture of the snow.....bet Ryan is laughing !!!! lol.

Thanks for the pics Petra and Sylvie what Petra has put in are two pictures and first of a pug dog standing looking up over a kitchen counter and there is a biscuit/cookie sitting on it and his little eyes are just about crossed and he looks as though at any moment he is going to start drooling but the caption with it is:  "DIETING  It's hard for dogs too !!"   In the other picture there is a cat straining itself backward because what you see is a pair of hands holding a rat, or what is an exceptionally large mouse, in front of its face and the caption for that one, which is written three times down through picture, says:  "Remember Diet !!"  I am remembering Petra and at least doing something right with it eventually for I have taken off 3 pounds so delighted and if can do that next week I will be thrilled.

Sylvia.  Your wee Scottish friend.

Thanks for pic description Sylvia and again, kudos on the 3 pounds! I'm sure it's encouraging if it's more than one! :D Take care sweetie and have a great week. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie QC Canada :D

Hi folks and have decided this is best thread to tell you my news and as I still have those gremlins hanging round you will obviously all have seen my pictures above and are possibly wondering what the news is.....WELL....what it is is I am engaged and we are hoping to get married around July/August time and yesterday made appointment with Registrar, for tomorrow, to see what dates available etc.

His name is Olaf Sproil and he is Norwegian although has lived in Scotland for many years and we met at the care home where my cousin is as he has an elder brother there also suffering from Altzheimers and we met in the cafe of the garden centre in December when I was in the queue to get Tom and I coffees and Tom started getting a little distressed because he couldn't see me for a second and Olaf was sitting at next table to Tom and realized what was happening and went to him to assure him everything was okay and we got chatting and as they say, the rest is now history, OR just about !!! :)

I obviously new everything was going more than well between us but no idea of what he was thinking about until Saturday night when he proposed and have a guess what.....the Wee One was struck dumb and I could hardly answer for crying tears of joy.....I am so, so happy for he is just a wonderful guy, absolutely wonderful: everything I have ever thought or wanted in a man, he is the complete package; perfect !!! :) He is a widower and has one son who is married with two little children and the picture was taken at his son's house on Sunday when we went to share our news with them and they were delighted and his daughter-in-law, Selena, said she saw it coming. Sylvie, picture is of Olaf and myself sitting on porch steps at back of house because it was such a lovely day and the children were out playing in garden and we were sitting watching them and there were plenty of pictures all getting taken but the one I have put in is one both of us really, really like; so much so we are going to frame it as our "official" engagement picture.  Second picture is of my engagement ring and it is white gold with four open arms coming up to central setting which is square and contains one diamond and it is beautiful !!! :)  Olaf got size right because one day we were just having what I thought was laugh with my ring I wear all the time which I have already told you about with my mother having bought it for a birthday but now I know what he was doing.....a wee bit of measuring on the sly !!! :)   Was going to come on yesterday and tell you all but with everything we had to do time ran away and then having to pick one of the pictures, which we could not decide on, we decided to leave until today: that was how I was in such a "stupid" mood yesterday and still am ...oh boy, I haven't stopped smiling since Saturday !!! LOL

So, apart from all my outfits for Mr Bolton, I have a rather special one to consider and quite a few other things to get done too...not surprisingly !!! Life is more than busy but more than wonderful and I will keep you all posted on any news.

As I said yesterday, on this thread, I have started to lose weight again and can now say that although I doubt I will be down to weight I had hoped to be for May I am sure I can achieve it by July and as Olaf is now #1 I will be delighted if I can achieve it for our wedding day. Oh boy, what a thrill that gives me being able to say that, our wedding day.... ohhhhhhhhhhhh !!!! :) I am totally and utterly wasted and feel like a darn teenager again, just a pity I have to look in a mirror at times ......LOL

Wishing everyone a wonderful week !!! :)

Am out of here now as we are going to Glasgow to buy our wedding rings and hopefully wedding stationery if we can find and agree on what we like and want.....another absolutely wonderful but busy day in store.

Sylvia Your wee Scottish friend.

Oh Sylvia in love! And I wanted to make just now one more joke! I wanted to ask whether the news is that you will marry Michael! Though it is not Michael, but with the wedding I would have been right! Oh Sylvia, I pleases me soooo very much for you! And, hello, Olaf to get to know nicely you! I hope you will be always well to our Scottish friend, because Sylvia is a good soul. I wish You both another at least 50 common years with a lot of love and luck! I am in the heart with You both!!!

Petra Christine (Germany)

CONGRATULATIONS SYLVIA! !!!! He looks like a nice man. Lovely photo of you two...I am very happy for you.
I like your ring. Very pretty!!

Hugs from Maryland
Robin :)

Bonjour Sylvia :)

wowwwwwwwwwwwww :) c'est merveilleux Sylvia :) sincérement contente pour toi ! vous faites un magnifique couple et vous êtes rayonnants tous les deux, je ressents votre bonheur et c'est un plaisir à voir . Merveilleuse année pour toi, que cette année 2014 wow! Je vous souhaite tout le bonheur du monde, pleins de sourires partagées et énormément et surtout beaucoup d'amour Soyez heureux Félicitations J'adore ces histoires qui commencent par il était une fois ............................

Wowwwwwwwwwwwww it is wonderful:):) really happy Sylvia for you! You make a radiant couple both, I feel your happiness and it is a pleasure to see. Wonderful year for you that this 2014 wow! I wish you all the happiness of the world, full of smiles and a lot of love Be happy Thank you for having to share this magnificent new Congratulations I love these stories that begin with "once upon a time ............................

Bisous

Katia

Ohhhh My....Congratulations to you both, Sylvia. I am so very happy and excited for you both. You are a gorgeous couple :). Have fun with your wedding plans and look forward to the best of everything for you :)). Your ring is beautiful, Wee One. Hugs,

Kathy T. :)

Hi girls and thanks so much for all your messages, on here, as well as to those who have sent me e-mails and PM's.....oh, thank you, for they mean so much and have brought more than a smile to my face !!!!! :) Glad you all liked my ring and that you thought we looked so good together, Olaf and I.   The thanks comes too from Olaf.....that is.....Olaf Sproil.....an anagram of "April Fools" which happens on 1st April, which is today !!!!!!! LOL

I think I'll try and find that guy in the photo because I haven't a clue who he is but was just so glad my photoshop turned out to be, almost, one of the best !!!! LOL. Just to let you all know that I no longer stay in Scotland, UK, if you are coming to hunt me down.....yeah, I've done a quick move today !!!!! LOL. Byeeeeeeeeeeeee !!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

Sylvia.  Your wee Scottish friend.

Dear Sylvia, this is very exciting news!!! I'm very, very happy for you two !!! :) Congratulations and wishing you happiness and all the very, very best !!! Lots of hugs - Nic :)

Oh boy Wee One, I almost fell for that, but I was just about to ask if you were pulling my leg, Again:)! You are a "Hoot"....Good one:)!

LMAO!!!

Mary (meg's mom)!

Sylvia, I have thought it real! HA!!! I have not thought to 1st April!

I would not have credited you with such a joke! Respect!

Say me, have you got to us everybody? I have been surprised why Sylvie wrote nothing! Has she supposed, as only ones, the joke?

If you know the saying: Revenge is sweet? Only wait, I also contrive a nonsense!!!

Petra Christine (Germany)

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service