New Year Resolutions for 2014......with a completely NEW slant !!!

As Michael has supplied us with his Resolution for 2014 thought would get this thread underway and Michael's Resolution is.............. 

"My 2014 resolution is to spend more time in a state of gratitude for every moment I have and to especially show it for my family, friends & fans. HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE! LET'S MAKE IT GREAT!!"

........along with, I believe, a selfie which think has been taken whilst Michael has been out sightseeing in Galati, Romania.

Please feel free to pop in whenever you like to share with us your New Year Resolutions or, as Sylvie and I like to do, which is to set ourselves goals per month to try and achieve rather than the one for the whole year......a little bit of a variation on the theme and we have had fun doing it for over the past couple of years and hope 2014 proves to be as much fun and as they always say, the more the merrier, so please consider coming in and joining us.......everyone is more than welcome !!!! :)    BTW Sylvie and I also try to make it every Monday when we come in and compare notes but absolutely no restriction on when anyone prefers to come in....none whatsoever !!! :)

Believe the following, which Sylvie was sent, is more than appropriate to be placed on here and hope you all enjoy it !! :) 

The New Year       will suddenly appear on the horizon

The       Boarding on Flight 2014  Has been       announced.....
Your luggage       should only contain the best souvenirs from 2013
The bad and       sad moments should be left in the garbage....
The duration of       the flight will be 12 months.
The next       stop-overs will be :
Health,       Love, Joy, Harmony, Well-being and Peace
The Captain       offers you the following menu  Which will be served during       the flight :
A Cocktail of Friendship
A       Supreme of Health
A gratin of       prosperity
A Bowl of Excellent News
A Salad of Success
A Cake of       Happiness
All accompanied  By       burst of laughter
Wishing You and Yours  An enjoyable trip  On boardFlight       2014
May This Be Your Best Year Ever!!

Sylvie from Canada and Sylvia from Scotland.

Views: 6575

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Petra.....dreams can come true :) We all have certain priorities and we try our best to make them happen in our lives. One little step at a time!

I also have an "only" child...a son too :)) And yes our sons bring us lost of joy!!!

If it wasn't for this forum I would have never met Sylvia and everyone else I chat with here!! All our different personalities survive ups and downs and all around we grow into a single cohesive Michael Bolton supporting machine!!! Sooooo many fun times here on this forum!!!

Kathy and LAFD Bob

Hi Petra and who knows what the future holds for certainly this time last year Kathy and family coming over to Scotland and the two of us going to a MB concert together was not on the cards and look what has happened since those concert dates were announced in October so maybe, just maybe, that Lottery will come up for me and another dream will be fulfilled of us all going to a PRIVATE Michael Bolton concert in 2015.....what a party that will be !!!! LOL.

Hi Sylvie and you mention in your post to Kathy about my having M&G for Glasgow and believe you will note by my post, so has she so maybe word should go out for everyone to start praying for Michael for he is never going to be the same again after 16th May, or maybe, even before that !!!!!!! LMBO.

Sylvia.  Your wee Scottish friend.

Hello, Sylvia!

Your idea with a private concert makes me completely excited!

To me a thought also wanders like a ghost by the head! For everybody here in this forum there would have to be the same T-shirt! So that Michael would know with concerts that we are members from michaelbolton.com!

Would be surely interesting, or?

Petra Christine (Germany)

Maybe Petra we should all have badges that light up in the dark so that Michael will be able to spot us in the audience....LOL

Hey Sylvia, You 2 are gonna be like 2 school girls @ this concert!!! Memories to be made of Michael Bolton adventures & friendships from around the globe:)! He is really gonna get a kick out of you 2 crazy girls for sure! I'm praying for the lot of you:)!

Mary (meg's mom)!

Hi Mary...2 school girls that got suspended and then kicked out of school!!! LOL Oh how we sacrifice for MB!!! Light up badges eh?? I think he will find us ;)

Kathy and LAFD Bob 

Well Kathy when he sees you there, I think he's really gonna take a second look, and wonder if he's ran into your Twin..LMBO:)! But then when he sees how you react & have our Sylvia there by you, oh boy...what I'd give to be a fly on the wall....LOL! Too much fun ahead for you ALL!!!

Mary (meg's mom)!

It sure is going to be fun Mary; going to make absolutely certain of that and it is a great job right now thinking up all the ways we are going to have all that FUN !!! :)   Great too how time is marching on for coming up for only 3 months away and a little while ago it was 6.....it will soon be knocking on the door !!!! lol 

Sylvia.   Your wee Scottish friend.

This is fun waiting for!! I am waiting for my passport renewal to arrive!! We all had them renewed :)) Too much excitement for sure ladies!!!

Kathy and LAFD Bob

Checking in here again even though nothing to report for nothing has happened and I am exactly the same weight as I was at start, not one ounce less or more and I am beginning to think my scales must be broken.....LOL    At same time know full well it may have something to do with fact that I haven't exactly managed to cut down as much as I should and today I have started to very, very seriously start cutting down;  very seriously.....I'm starving and even the cat's food looks tempting that is how serious I am being.....think my stomach has shrunk already and my eyes have got bigger looking at all the food around.....but I am being strong and probably by tomorrow the resolve will be broken.....chocolate, chocolate, oh, more chocolate !!!!!! LOL.

Went back to gym last week so was quite pleased with that and got on okay too; no aches and pains afterward !!! LOL   Today I did intend going again but it was a beautiful day here so went to garden centre and stocked up on bird food and then took myself back home and parked down at our prom and went for a lovely walk from one end to practically the other and as that is well over a mile, if not coming up for two, think I compensated a little for not going to gym.   Will try and get to gym some time this week for our good weather hasn't to continue, rain coming back in tonight !!! :(

Hope everyone else happy with what they have achieved over week !!! :)

Hi Sylvia, so you’ll start cutting down, seriously? Lol Dumb question, but do you think writing down what you eat would help you realize more your sweets intake? I know it helps me. Noone but you has to see it Sylvia. Starving yourself isn’t going to help either. I’m no diet guru, but I’ve heard that starving yourself only stores fat... into your scale! Lol I got weighed at the doctor’s today and all I can say is I’m gladI walk as much as I do. BTW, good for you going for that walk: the important thing is to keep moving, plus you did manage to go to the gym once, so that’s a start. :D Good grief, it seems like you’re having a fairly mild winter: if it keeps up with that rain, you’ll be able to exercize while paddling... We’re going back down to the deep freeze after a mild week here. Well on my side, I’ve managed to achieve part 1 of my project of moving my son into a new room and I’m doing pretty goodwith flushing stuff off the computer. I’m still filing and labelling box sets. The only thing I haven’t done enough is flushing my Braille pile, because I was too busy re-reading TSOIA. :D So overall, I’m doing well. Good luck with everything Sylvia and have a good week, take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie QC Canada

Hi Everyone,

Well I started off the New Year with a real Bang! Last Thursday, my Mom and I went out to get grocery's and as some of you may know, we have had lots of snow. Well some young fellow hit us. He couldn't stop and hit us head on. My poor little Honda did not survive it well, although Mom and I are fine, other than whiplash to my neck. Now I really would like a new Honda! Do you think MB could get me one? I don't know what the chances are of that happening. LOL Here are a few pictures of my poor hurt little baby and some of all the snow that seems to never end here.

I guess when Michael sang the snow was gonna blow, blow, blow, he was not joking!!!

Aside from being sick and now this, well I might just eat a whole cake!

Kellie

Attachments:

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service