We may start getting a few promotional appearances for GEMS now.  The first will be June 8th on the Loveline with Dr. Drew from 10 p.m. to midnight.  You can find a station here:

http://www.lovelineshow.com/stationfinder

Also it looks like you can listen live or on the website either after but you have to be a loveline member. 

http://www.lovelineshow.com/membership

Views: 6795

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Are you kidding...I hate to read that thing, I had to get my husband to find all the info. for me:)! LOL)!

He reads it, not me!

I use to like it until they downsized.....!

Have a Great Day:)!

Mary (M&M's!

Well Darn, I missed him today....So tell me girls what did I miss? I'm still enjoying my "Gems":)! The Prayer is soooo Amazing as well as Halleluajah!

I Love it All....But "I'm Not Ready" is my favorite, then "Love Is Everything".....!!!! I've enjoyed 2 days off listening to this CD, now it's back to work Tomorrow:):(!!!

What's your all Favs? Just curious!!!

Have a Great Day:)!

Mary (Meg's mom)!

Hi everyone, I have deleted my last post about the GEMS cover art. Some minor thing popped up from my virus program. Nothing happened, but don't want to take any chances. I found a much better article and LARGE photo. Enjoy............
Joy
from the Jersey Shore

Thanks Joy for taking the trouble and the time to post all that again but oh, boy, isn't it well worth seeing and that full picture is just wonderful to see - you really do wonder how such an artist could ever have lost favour and yet so many did throughout history in all the spheres of the arts - they all had their time and their place but thank goodness someone found Lawrence Alma-Tadema again !! :)

Sylvia.   Your wee Scottish friend. 

Here is the article and link for you all to read about. I also wonder like Karen S. Day if Michael picked out this art for the cover.
It is a beautiful photo, such detail!
I only copyied part of the article, it is to long to put it all here.
Joy

Lawrence Alma-Tadema

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search

Sir Lawrence Alma-Tadema
Born 8 January 1836(1836-01-08)
Dronrijp, The Netherlands
Died 25 June 1912(1912-06-25) (aged 76)
Wiesbaden, Germany
Nationality Dutch
Field Painting
Movement Romanticism
Awards OM, RA

Sir Lawrence Alma-Tadema, OM, RA (play /ˈælmə ˈtædɪmə/;[1] 8 January 1836 – 25 June 1912) was a Dutch painter.

Born in Dronrijp, the Netherlands, and trained at the Royal Academy of Antwerp, Belgium, he settled in England in 1870 and spent the rest of his life there. A classical-subject painter, he became famous for his depictions of the luxury and decadence of the Roman Empire, with languorous figures set in fabulous marbled interiors or against a backdrop of dazzling blue Mediterranean sea and sky.

Though admired during his lifetime for his draftsmanship and depictions of Classical antiquity, his work fell into disrepute after his death, and only since the 1960s has it been reevaluated for its importance within nineteenth-century English art.

Spring, (1894), oil on canvas,179.2 x 80.3 cm, J. Paul Getty Museum, Los Angeles. It depicts the festival of Cerealia in a Roman street. One of Tadema's most famous and popular works, it took him four years to complete. The models for many of the participants and spectators were Tadema's friends and members of his family[17]

Thank you Joy for finding this!. It is beautiful!!

Nicolette xx

Wow Joy,  you really had to do some research:)!  Thanks for sharing, it's Beautiful!

have a Great Day:)!

Mary (M&M's)!

Oh my, Joy, thank you so much for posting this! I first read your initial post with your Wikimedia link and followed it and although my browser doesn't crash, my Jaws program doesn't recognize any text, if there is any. But then since Sylvia was nice enough to mention the artist, I did check him out on Wikipedia. His life could be made into a movie, that was fascinating! Anyway, I want to thank you very much for pointing out which painting is depicted in the cover art, much appreciated! I really enjoyed the article because it described the paintings so beautifully, I think I'll revisit it! Thanks again for all your trouble sweetie, take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

Thanks again Joy :) I believe this was posted before by you somewhere....or am I completely losing my mind??? AGAIN....LOL

Kathy and LAFD Bob

Hey Kathy, if you go back a page or so, you'll know why Joy reposted it. There was a potential virus thing going on with the previous site she posted so she didn't want to take chances.  Take care sweetie. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

Oh thanks Sylvie....I though it was just typical me "thinking" something was strange...lol

Kathy and LAFD Bob

Did everyone finally get GEMS or not? I got my GEMS
on Monday, the day after my NYC concert. Of course,
was hoping to have the T-shirt to wear to the show!
Oh well, not a big deal. I am so in love
with GEMS.........really beautiful.
I really love all the songs but my favorites are:
Fields of Gold
I'm Not Ready
Over The Rainbow
The Prayer is the one that blows me away....amazing!
Especially since I heard it live in New York.
At the end, when they both do the high notes,
I got chills over my whole body! It was crazy.
It still happens when I listen to it on the CD.
Joy
(Pic of mailman with hundreds of letters spilling out of his bag
and the quote says. "What are you hoping the mailman brings you?"

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service