A few months ago Michael posted about being involved in and Andy Samberg project...well it is being released on May 10th and Michael is featured in a track entitled Jack Sparrow.  Check out more info here:

http://www.artistdirect.com/entertainment-news/article/the-lonely-i...

Views: 10622

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

As long as it keeps climbing  upward Sylvia!! Slow and steady wins the race!! GO MICHAEL!!!

Kathy and LAFD Bob

He's on the way to that 100 million goal of his, it's getting there. Thanks Sylvia

Robin in MD:)

I wasn't sure where to post this one...

Bolton won fans with SNL sketch

Friday 30th March 2012, 10:20AM BST.

Michael Bolton won new fans with his SNL appearance
Michael Bolton won new fans with his SNL appearance

Michael Bolton has admitted his Saturday Night Live sketch was “so much fun, it was insane”.

The Grammy-winning singer-songwriter became an internet phenomenon when he starred in the digital short/music video Jack Sparrow on the show last year, alongside comedy troupe Lonely Island.

He said: “Some of my biggest hits on YouTube maybe did 12 to 14 million views tops, and this thing was doing a million a day!”

The 59-year-old revealed it took some time for the collaboration to come about.

He said: “The guys had some really funny ideas, but the language which some of them used was hysterical to me, but was not going to be funny to some of my fans, particularly in the Mid West, where they just don’t get the Lonely Island guys.

“I found a studio in Atlanta. Went in, did it. They were on via Skype and produced it. The night of the screening on Saturday Night Live, (The Lonely Island’s) John Mayer said to me, ‘Tomorrow you’re going to have fans who never even knew you made records. They’re going to go nuts over this’. I don’t know how he knew, but he was right.

“I’m high-fiving college kids in the airports these days who are big fans.”

http://www.thisisguernsey.com/lifestyle/showbiz-news/2012/03/30/bol...

Thanks Pilar!!!

Robin :)

Thanks Pilar!! Very funny vid indeed!!!

Kathy and LAFD Bob

Mr. Bolton is certainly getting in the news these days what with the UK Newspaper and now the Guernsey press - pretty fantastic and thanks for finding and sharing with us Pilar and I must say I love the picture they have chosen !!! :)

Sylvia.   Your wee Scottish friend.

Great pix. Pilar:)! And a very nice read! Thanks for sharing your find:)! It just goes to show you that you are never too old to make new friends!!!

Have a Great Day!

Mary (Meg's mom)!

Hi Folks,

To let you know that the same article that Cristina and Pilar found in connection with the SNL sketch I have spotted in the Yahoo.News coming under "Press Association" and its headline is only about four down in the main headline section.....  way to go Michael......get them all talking !!!! :)    I must say I believe that Yahoo.news will travel far further afield than the UK's Daily Express and the Guernsey newspaper articles......great stuff !!! :)

So the Wee weporter has left and in steps the Wee wetective!!!!!!! LOL

Kathy and LAFD Bob

Thought, as it is quite a milestone in its little existance, would let you know that Jack Sparrow has now reached 75,036,148 million.....might not be on for a 100 million on his anniversary but looking like we may reach the 80 million mark for we have gone back up to about 1 million a week and we have till 7th May to make the 80.....doable !!!!! :)

Thanks for the update Sylvia. I checked on it and watched it again a couple of days ago and was thinking of posting here, saying that if we want it to get to 100 millions, we'd better get crackin'! :D I think 80 millions is pretty respectable, so is 75 millions for that matter. Who'd have thunk it? We'll see what happens next month. Take care Sylvia. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

To remind everyone today is CAPTAIN JACK SPARROW's 1st Birthday.....one year ago it was loaded onto youtube and the total number of views to date as at 11.00 a.m. GMT is 78,318,300 million views......HAPPY BIRTHDAY CAPTAIN JACK !!!!!!!! :)))

Picture I have put in below is one of my stupid birthday cards done through piZap which I have put out on FB in the JS Group page and it has a central star surrounded by five others and I naturally have pictures of MB in the different characters he portrayed in JS in each of the stars and the central one shows him taking a break from filming on Brighton beach and I added the words in sparkly lettering "Captain Jack Sparrow : Happy Birthday ! : 7th May, 2012 : 78,318,300 views !" and I have put down the bottom, at each corner, little smiley faces of pirates with a smiley face in the centre holding a glass high giving a toast and so, in the same manner, I raise my glass high, to Michael and The Lonely Island and say: "slainthe mhath and here is to the next production that you all get together on !!" :)

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service