From Facebook:

Studio time in LA recording the new album. Details to come in the following weeks, but I'm loving it already and I hope you will too!

http://www.facebook.com/MBsings?sk=wall

:-)

Views: 12985

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thought as it is a quote about the new CD remembered this thread and believe it more merits being on here than other so have brought over....hope you all agree with me !!! :))))     Below is reply Michael gave to a tweet he received asking about new CD........

"New record is gonna be a very very fun surprise!!"

Sylvia    Your wee Scottish friend.

Hey Sylvia, thanks for bringing that here, but wish our Michael would give us a bit more than shadows of hints, know what I mean? I'm now wondering if he'll start hinting more tangibly at the Buschnell in June or keep us dangling until November... We were first hoping for a hint in February, then he clearly said he'd give more info in Sydney and we're still waiting. That's all I had to say. Take care girl. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada :D

Believe Mr. Bolton has given out a stronger hint than ever about Motown, whether deliberate or not, but he has indicated that he is working on a project concerning Detroit through those little tweets that he does......just thought I would share with you but take note too, he is still working on it, so maybe it is not as complete as we thought......we'll bide our time okay for something so fantastic, no problemo MB, no problemo at all !!! lol.

Sylvia.  Your wee Scottish friend.

Hi all, in case anyone is keeping track of the little crumbs of info Michael is trailing about the new album, here’s one Pilar posted in the tour thread.

"Michael Bolton brings his blue-eyed soul to Palladium"

http://www.examiner.com/article/michael-bolton-brings-his-blue-eyed...

Since Michael confirmed what Cameron posted on the blog Dianna found about the Motown album, I thought I’d post it here. Take care and hugs to all, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

Kind of forgot about this thread but as you brought link over Sylvie of article where Michael says about Motown CD thought would bring over interview Gail put link to in tour thread where Michael, in part 2, talks about Motown and the new CD and somehow I wonder if the "new" concept, "surprise", for the CD is that we are going to have a "talking" part and that leads me to wonder if the CD could be released in November, or there abouts, and that what it may contain is part of the audio CD of the autobiography. 

Interview - 3 parts.

Sylvia.   Your wee Scottish friend.

Hi Sylvia, I still haven't been able to listen to that interview because I'm waiting for my son's availability. I heard it when Gail posted it directly on the tour page, but the 3 parts played at the same time. I haven't been able to play the 3 parts separately on that site. As far as Michael previewing the new album on his autobiography, I doubt it very much because that would date it in a few years and I'm sure Michael wants it to be timeless as he is... XD Plus, it would put the print readers at a disadvantage. However, I have a feeling he's working his tail off so that he can release the album around the same time so he can promote everything together. I mean he's told Gail in January that he already had 12 songs recorded and he has had time off the road... There goes miss Speculator again! :D Well, it would make sense to me that he wouldn't want his product to be dated and with his busy schedule, it would be practical to combine promotion. If you ask me and noone's asking me, I think Michael won't have enough of 2 lifetimes to do everything he wants to do, God bless him. Well, that was my editorial of the day! :D Take care sweetie. Big hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

Personally Sylvie I think Michael could probably use you, just in case he forgets anything, you would remind him:)! Just saying....!

Wouldn't that be the best job?

Mary (Meg's mom)! 

lol yeah Mary and I'd cheerfully work free for him: all I'd need would be a pat on the head once in a while! lol Thanks for the smile Mary, take care. Big hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

Sylvia,

Thanks for that interview!  Some it it we have heard before of course, but I can listen to that voice over and over and over......

Joy

Found this article, and unless I am missing something on this site I don't see anything about this new Motown CD for sure coming out.

But he is talking about it for sure!

Joy

from the Jersey Shore

Michael Bolton, finally feeling successful, sings Motown, laughs at himself

By John J. Moser, Of The Morning Call

10:53 PM EDT, May 31, 2012

With his big, bombastic voice, it's no surprise Michael Bolton has sung Motown songs throughout his career.

He did The Supremes' "Back in My Arms Again," on his 1983 debut album for Columbia Records. He did The Four Tops' "Reach Out, I'll Be There" on his 1992 No. 1 album, "Timeless: The Classics" and The Temptations' "My Girl" on 1999's "Timeless: The Classics, Vol. 2."

He even wrote a song — Babyface's "Why Me" — with Lamont Dozier, of the songwriting/production team Holland-Dozier-Holland, who wrote many Motown hits and helped identify its sound.

The surprise might be why Bolton, who in recent years has done several albums of cover songs and tributes to big band and Frank Sinatra, hasn't yet done an album of Motown songs.

Well, surprise.

Bolton, who on June 6 performs at Sands Bethlehem Event Center, says in a telephone call that he was in a Los Angeles studio, working on precisely such an album, tentatively set for release in early September.

"I've had one in the planning stages for about a decade and it's time to do it," Bolton says.

He says the idea took so long because his usual process is to collect song titles, themes and lyrics as he tours — "I used to write down titles on paper napkins and checks from restaurants; now I send myself notes by Blackberry to my computer," he says — then record "what I'm feeling at that time, vocally," when he comes off the road.

Recently, he says, he looked back at "this list I was putting together about nine years ago and it made perfect sense. It lined up with the songs that I've decided to cut on this record."

Bolton says he prepared for the album by immersing himself in the music. "I just selected and selected and selected and then lived with it — taking it to the gym, listening on my headphones, putting it in the car, listening in the car.

"Basically, I immerse myself in whatever I think the project is going to be so I can get every drop out of what the writer intended, what the artists delivered, what I thought maybe they hadn't yet delivered, or maybe they took a slightly different route."

Bolton said he even had Dozier in the studio — he's already recorded three Holland-Dozier-Holland songs — "to hear how the tracks were coming out. He was really happy about it — made me feel great."

Bolton says he's "been singing along with Marvin Gaye and Stevie Wonder and The Four Tops since I was … 12? I'm so at home with it, it's crazy."

Bolton is producing the disc with Paul Mirkovich, musical director of the NBC-TV singing competition "The Voice."

"When I told him about it … he said that all his studio players for 'The Voice' are all schooled on Motown and he wanted to do the record organically — go in and record it like the players did; get them all in one room, have them play all at the same time. And so next thing I knew, that's exactly what we were doing."

Asked whether the album will include duets, Bolton says it will have two. "But I can't talk about them with you, and when you hear them, you'll understand why."

The duets are fitting for Bolton, whose 2009's "One World, One Love" included a duet with Lady Gaga, and whose 2011 "Duets" had him performing with Rascal Flatts, Seal, Orianthi and singers from around the world.

Bolton says he was able to do those albums because, after nearly 30 years in which he's sold 30 million albums and had nine No. 1 songs such as "How Can We Be Lovers," "Time, Love and Tenderness" and "Love is a Wonderful Thing," he finally feels confident enough to do the music he wants to do.

"I had a record deal at 18 and didn't have a hit until 34," he says, referring to his 1989 breakthrough "How Am I Supposed to Live Without You."

"I had so many disappointments in that span that I think I learned, unconsciously, not to allow myself to celebrate, not to allow myself to accept that I've made it, I'm OK, my family's OK. My kids are going to eat," says Bolton, 59.

But he says that while perpetually touring, "I found I was meeting artists backstage, artists that were big fans of mine that I didn't know that they knew I existed. … It was connecting the dots. My success had finally — finally — happened, and it turned out to be international success.

"We had all these managers calling, saying, 'My artist would like to do a song on his record.' I got to do that through 'Duets.' And visit some of my favorites songs at the same time."

Bolton also recently got a chance to take a good-natured jab at his serious image in "Jack Sparrow," a May 2011 "Saturday Night Live" film short with Andy Samberg's comedy troupe The Lonely Island. It featured Bolton as a nerdy movie-obsessed guest vocalist — often with him in costume —- on the trio's hip-hop song.

"Why [ask about that]?" he says, good-naturedly. "That'll never catch on."

The viral clip on YouTube now has 80 million views.

"It's confirmation that it was the right thing to do," Bolton says. "Most people who know me behind the scenes know I'm kind of a practical joker and I always find something funny about literally everything, if I can. But a lot of people see the serious side of me."

He says he got a call from Samberg and partner Jorma Taccone, asking to meet with him. "It was surreal. I knew them from all their videos. …I said, 'I'd love to do this.'"

Then, he says, he read the script, which was replete with raunchy humor.

"As funny as it is, [I knew it would] turn off a lot of my fans," he says. "It was just over-the-top in this particular, sexual kind of way. The language of the sexuality was going to be a downer instead of funny to my audience.

"And they said, 'No problem, we'll tweak it.' And I thought they were just saying that. They're way too busy to spend time tweaking scripts for me to be in. And next thing I knew, I got the rewrite."

Trouble was, it was even raunchier, Bolton says. "And then I got on the phone and started getting e-mails from them individually." Over the next eight months, they worked over Skype, with Bolton dressing as Scarface, Forrest Gump and even Erin Brockovich. The final session lasted until 2 in the morning, he says.

"And I'm thinking, 'This thing is sounding freaking great. It's sounding like a record.' And the next thing I knew, we were finished."

john.moser@mcall.com

610-820-6722

All I can say is THANKS Joy for that one.....thanks a million !!!! :)     To actually hear too about September and two duets.....wonder what his statement about them means.....my mind ticking over as it always does and wondering if one could be with Whitney Houston or Marvin Gaye  .....just wondering !!!!!! lol    Thanks again Joy for an absolutely WONDERFUL interview !!! :)))))))))

Sylvia.    Your wee Scottish friend.

Thanks Joy, Great article!

Robin in M D:)

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service