Ok ,So having posted about this i was wondering what songs you would like to hear Michael sing in his concerts.I know we all love the hits but im sure there are songs that he hasnt sang live in a long time or ever.I love anything he sings and would be happy if he sang the phonebook but would be intersted to see what you all would like to hear live.My set list would include all the usual hits but i would love to hear some of these .

"That's What Love Is All About

You wouldnt know love

From now on

Back on my feet again

Stand up for love

Missing you now

The one thing

Soul of my soul

Completly

Make a long story longer

Best of love

We're not making love

A love so beautiful

I promise you

Once in a lifetime

Dance with me

Next lifetime

Till the end of forever

Views: 2166

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I love Kara Mia by Jay&the Americans. I also love "Some Inchanted Evening" by him as well. Come A Little Closer's ok.

"Smile?" Yeah&I love it by nat King Cole. I go way back. :D

Boltonnut from L. A. CA

Folks Imagine this. Michael singing "If I could turn back the hands of time" by R. Kelly&Sylvie from Canada&me backing him up. I'd sing the lower notes. Same back up instrumentation.

Mario Lonza died oh! so! young! I heard he committed suicide. So sad.

Boltonnut from L. A. CA

P. S. That song by R. kelly is sad as I've said before. Though in the song he messed up, no one should have to hurt like that.

Hey Robin, not that it’s important, but Mario Lanza died of a pulmonary embolism. But technically, with the way he was living his life, abusing his body the way he did, I guess it could be considered slow suicide, sadly.  About the song “Smile”, Robin, you don’t have to go way back to appreciate the Nat King Cole version… lol girlfriend, I’m all for backing Michael up, as long as I don’t have to be in the same room with him! Lol Lord have mercy… Thanks for sharing sweetie. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

Hi Sylvie,

Why don't you want to be in the same room as Michael ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Oh, and what an opportunity, not to be missed - Michael, please go back up to Sylvie's link for Mario Lanza and hear that beautiful song - I mean you don't have to sing it just to me - no - there is Sylvie in Canada : Sylvia in Texas : and a Silvy in Switzerland - now that is four of us - there is probably more, but I feel sure you could handle four of us, okay - boy, like a walk in the park to you - go on - be brave - consider it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!        Do you think I might just start to break the wall down with that ??????  No - no chance - oh well, at least I tried !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Wee One - who else - is it Alice in Wonderland or Attila the Hun - heard their about too !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  lol - only joking Sylvie !!!!!!!!   ha hehehehehe.

Hi Everyone,

I know I have replied to my own message and I shouldn't, technically, do that but, I wanted to thank you Sylvie for that link - yeh, I found that one and play it a lot - video is beautiful - hope it makes Helena run out and buy Vintage - it is vintage - there should be another album like that one - beautiful - maybe he could sing "Sylvia" on it - okay, I'm not going to start again - promise !!!!!!!  :D.

And Helena, I wanted to thank you for Jay & the Americans - they never made it big over here - remember hearing them because they were good but they didn't do anything - think more at that time the Beach Boys were about - am I right or wrong - and I think they surpassed them over here- we had, of course the Walker Bros. at that time and also our Merseyside Beat was taking off - Beatles, Gerry & the Pacemakers, Swinging Blue Jeans, The Kinks (hey, they weren't from Merseyside - but they were good) Dave Clarke Five. the Tremeloes, the Zombies - oh boy, I'm away back in heaven - bet you are all sitting there saying "Who" - yeh, they were another group - hey there were the Mersey Beats, The Hollies (Graham Nash - WOW) The Four Pennies - Juliet - you there girl - they sang "Juliette" not the same spelling - but they sang that - it was a beautiful song - wouldn't mind hearing Michael singing that - hey, just another thought - how about songs from the sixties for Michael to sing ???????????  A pure aside - writing above has brought back good memory - remember the Hollies did Jennifer Eccles - they were touring UK and they asked if there were any girls of that name - we had one in our school - The Hollies came to our school and that little bitch Jennifer Eccles was up on the stage with them in our assembly hall and we all had to sit there and watch and then listen to her, for about a year later, going on about it - but it was good, as I say, a good memory !!!!    :D.

I'm going to shut up now - I promise - just one last thing - yeh, Robin, old Nat King Cole sure could move the soul - he was stupendous!

Sylvia.   Your wee Scottish friend. 

Now, Sylvia from Scottland. You're talking about a good era of music--the 60's. The British Invasion which was a good one&all that. Love the Walker Brothers&they're American&recorded their music in England, I understand.

Boltonnut from L. A. CA USA :D

Hi Sylvia & gang,

Don't know if I'll run and get the CD of Vintage just yet, would first like to see the song titles and hear clips of the songs before I buy it.  Jennifer mentioned the CD of "The One Thing", will look into that one too!!  I know Michael has a Sinatra CD, but I'll skip that one since I have a CD of Sinatra's Greatest Hits and that is enough for me..... Barry Manilow has a Sinatra CD and I don't have it.   Even Michael Feinstein & Rod Stewart sings Sinatra....how many Sinatra CD's do we need....LOL!!!  Crazy!!

Some of those oldies that you mention... I have heard of and always liked!!  I have the 45 record of "Ferry Cross the Mersey".  I have 45 records from The Duprees, The four Tops, Frankie Vallie & The four Seasons, Chubby Cheker's the Twist, Johnny Maestro and the Brooklyn Bridge, Paul Anka, the song Mack the Knife, and many others.  I've been to three oldies concerts over the years and seen many of these artists.  Really love the Doo Wop sound and classic motown music too.  I heard that Johnny Maestro passed away last year from cancer.  That is so sad, he had such a nice voice and I saw him twice on stage...very upset when I heard that.  Seeing Jay Black live was great too!  Saw Frankie Valli with the 4 Seasons and the four tops,  Lou Chrisite, the Flamingo's, the Platters and some others.  Such great music that I will always love!!  Would love Michael to sing some Doo Wop type songs, that would be just super!!  In Scotland, did you ever see the TV program with Sha Na Na?  The lead singer was named Bowzer.  Well that show was great, that it had many oldies performed on it.  They need to bring a musical show like that back on TV.  Bowzer still performs with a group and was at Atlantic Ctiy last year...too bad I missed it.  :(

Hugs,   Helena..xx....

I'm a Frank Sinatra fan&I loved it that Michael has "Bolton Swings Sinatra." A lot of his fans don't care for Sinatra's music but something about it when Michael does it live, love the true bass--the real band sound--not this techno stuff. When I was a little kid, I loved his music&still do. I almost got a crush on Frank when I was 255. Love his stuff. So, go Michael. I had to get used to the Arias but love it.

Boltonnut from L. A. CA

I mean 25--not 25. Dang. I'm old, ya think? :D

I'm not in to doo-op myself but I understand why folks like it. The harmonies--yeah, sometimes flat but fun. I've seen many oldes shows myself, helen&love them. 4 tops, Temptations, Franky Valley&so forth.

Boltonnut from L. A. CA

Hey Sylvia, glad you enjoyed the video: that's my favorite song off "Vintage", although of course, I love them all. Michael said he enjoyed pop music of the 60's but somehow, some songs don't age as well as others in my opinion... And about  that schoolmate of yours, wouldn't you have done the same in her shoes? What if Michael would sing "Sylvia", wouldn't you brag and take full credit for it? lol Take care sweetie and keep dreaming about Michael's voice singing that song and maybe you'll start singing "I'll see you in my dreams"... :D Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

Heck yeah, Sylvia. If Michael were to say Robin in a song, or whatever, I'd love it. You go all you Sylvias hoping for Michael to do the song "Sylvia." :D

Boltonnut from L. A. CA USA

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service