Ok...understand, I don't have confirmation of this but since I've found it on a number of sites...we seem to have the title and release date of Michael's new book:

The Soul of it All: My Life, My Music - release date 11/13/12

Here it is on amazon.com and it is also on itunes for those with ibooks.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Soul-All-Life-Music/dp/1455523658/ref=sr_...

Views: 20809

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This article comes from K104.7fm today and it is entitled "Ten Tidbits From Michael Bolton's autobiography Soul Of It All"

With over four decades in music, 53 million albums sold and two GRAMMY awards to his name, singer Michael Bolton has had a storied career.

In his upcoming autobiography, The Soul Of It All, due out January 29, Michael opens up about his journey to the top of the charts and beyond, sharing intimate details about love, life, family and work.

The book, he writes, is about the “soul of it all; the passion, hard work, striving, sacrifices, joy, and faith it takes to keep the dream alive,” and just in the first chapter alone, Michael gives readers a glimpse at the hard road he traveled to achieve his dream in hopes to inspire yours.

In the meantime, we read the first chapter of his autobiography and found ten of the most interesting (and surprising) tidbits about his life.

1. He was a “hippie kid” in the ’60s that busked on street corners in Greenwich Village with his guitar for money.

2. Also in the ’60s, you could find Michael hitchhiking along Route 66 or trying to “push-start a vehicle that looked like a cross between a Wonder Bread truck and the Beatles’ Yellow Submarine” with his band mates.

3. Michael’s mother had to sign his first record contract because he was barely 16-years-old at the time it was offered.

4. At the end of the ’70s, he was a struggling rock singer and married father of three who was facing eviction from his home.

5. To pay the bills in the early ’80s, he sang the U.S. Army jingle “Be All You Can Be” as well as other radio and TV jingles for Dr. Pepper and Budweiser.

6. He’s written over 220 songs throughout his career for artists like Patti LaBelle, John Legend, Barbara Streisand, Cher and has been sampled by Jay-Z.

7. Though he has the reputation of being a serious romantic, Michael is “secretly a prankster and a fun-loving kind of guy.”

8. The Lonely Island sketch comedy trio – Andy Samberg, Akiva Schaffer, and Jorma Taccone-  refer to Michael as “Lord Boltron.”

9. The Lonely Island first presented Michael with an SNL Digital Short skit that was “hilariously funny, but really, really raunchy” about violating the Ten Commandments. Fearing he would upset his fans, Michael later regrouped with the trio to come up with his now famous “Captain Jack Sparrow” sketch.

10. The “Captain Jack Sparrow” music video has been viewed more than 90 million times and was the third most viewed YouTube video in 2011. The short was even nominated for an Emmy and performed live at the awards show.

If we learned all that in just the first chapter, we’re anxious to see what other intimate details he’ll pack into the book.

Like Michael Bolton’s Facebook page to receive an exclusive sneak peek of the first chapter of Soul Of It All, on shelves January 29, with several in store book signings  to follow. - Britt Bickel, 94.7 The WAVE"

Sylvia.  Your wee Scottish friend.

Thanks Sylvia...The excitement continues!!!!! MB's book is getting all kinds of press..Love it!!

Robin in MD:)

Thanks for everything. Oops. If he was interviews on the WAVE here in L. A. 94.7, I missed it. I'm not a radio listener though. Love the article. Boltonnut from L. A. CA who loves life & Michael Bolton :)

Thanks a lot for the article Sylvia, take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

Sylvia,

Thanks, great that radio is talking about him & the book. Of course we all read the first chapter already didn't we ladies?

So we knew this! But love the press and the excitment that it is bringing!
Joy
NJ

Hi Joy, I didn't have access to the preview on Amazon, but a friend copied the few pages for me. I stopped after 4 pages and didn't read the first chapter: I'd much rather have Michael than Jaws reading it to me! :D I did pass on the first chapter to a couple of people and my friend said she just might get the whole book! lol Take care Joy. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

Sylvie,

I wasn't thinking about you or Robin of course you wouldn't be able to read it off Amazon! I debated myself, should I wait or peek?

Of course I just had to peek and read it! It was a short chapter, but really does make you want to read the rest ASAP!

Joy

NJ

I hear you Sylvie not wanting JAWS (our speech program) reading it to us. I thought my brother-in-law said that the audio edition is being released what 2/5 or is it 2/12. Does anyone know? Sylvie? Do you? I hope it's the 29th or 5th. Boltonnut from L. A. CA who loves life & Michael Bolton :)

I didn't read the first chapter. I want him to read it to me in the audio edition. :) Boltonnut from L. A. CA who loves life & Michael Bolton :)

Hi Robin.

Yes, I didn't think about you wouldn't be able to read it on Amazon. And I agree it will be worth the wait to hear it in his own voice!!

Joy

NJ

That's all right Joy. It's all good. Next week @ this time for you, right or is it you during the day iNJ. Have fun. Boltonnut from L. A. CA who loves life & Michael Bolton :)

Hey Robin,

It's at night on Tues the 29th. 7pm

It's daytime in New York the same day.  Hopefully Gloria is going and others?

Maybe we will get lots of reviews and photos from others.

Joy

NJ

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service