Ok...understand, I don't have confirmation of this but since I've found it on a number of sites...we seem to have the title and release date of Michael's new book:

The Soul of it All: My Life, My Music - release date 11/13/12

Here it is on amazon.com and it is also on itunes for those with ibooks.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Soul-All-Life-Music/dp/1455523658/ref=sr_...

Views: 20806

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks for link Joy and that is one of two interviews that Michael did for St. Louis and the link I found to the pictures was purely that, a link into all the photos that fellow had ever taken, for it was his own tweet that I picked it up from but will have a little look today and see if any write ups anywhere but topix are generally pretty good at informing if there have been any articles written about and so far the only one I have had from them is for the St. Louis article.

Sylvia.  Your wee Scottish friend.

Sylvia,

OK, so you find a lot of stuff on Twitter huh? I don't know anything about that yet!

Guess I am missing a lot. Glad you are on the look out for us!!

Thanks!

Joy

NJ

Hi Joy,

I have just now started taking a serious look at Twitter as well. I thought I had it set up earlier in the week but not quite there yet with it but working on it.
Goodluck with it!!!!

Hugs,

Kathy T. :-)

Yes quite a few bits of info comes up on Twitter!!! LOL  I've gotten more used to it myself..

Robin in MD:)

I have Michael's time line up on twitter so, I get to read what tweets of his that comes in. Boltonnut from L. A. CA who loves life & Michael Bolton :)

Just a little piece of information and it is that Michael is in 13th place in Amazon's top twenty of best selling biographies and memoirs.....yipeeeeeee !!! :)

Sylvia.   Your wee Scottish friend.

Awesome where hs book is being sold on Amazon. Thanks Sylvia. Boltonnut from L. A. CA who loves life & Michael Bolton :)

(2 good video interviews, click on link to see)

Michael Bolton Gets To ‘The Soul Of It All’ With New Book

(Andreas Rentz/Getty Images)

(Andreas Rentz/Getty Images)

Michael Bolton always knew he would write a book about his life, he just wasn’t sure if anyone would care.

But after a little SNL clip of Bolton dressed as Captain Jack Sparrow went viral, it seemed everyone was interested in getting to know the singer a little better.

Luckily, as Bolton told Radio.com, he’s had a successful career that has lent itself to many stories.

“It’s been a long climb up a mountain or a long walk out into the desert, whatever you like,” he joked.

Ever since Bolton started traveling with his computer, he’s been sure to jot down everything from lyric notes to interesting observations, but admits writing some of the more personal passages from his new memoir, The Soul Of It All, like his parent’s divorce and his breakup with longtime love Nicollette Sheridan, was difficult. But as Bolton notes that the book’s title leads a reader to believe his life was not all fun and games.

“The title is not The Fun Of It All,” Bolton joked. “So I realized while working at [the book] the first month or so, that the only way to speak was from the place of my original experience and what it was really like to go there.”

Though Bolton poked fun at those who claim writing a memoir can be cathartic (using a snooty accent, of course), he says he actually did find it to be a rewarding experience.

“Going back to these places…in some ways, gives you perspective,” he said. “Yes, some of it was painful to go back to and stirred up a lot of things I have purposely left closed like a folder that you don’t double-click on, but now you have to double-click to get at the real stuff. “

Bolton, who will turn 60 on February 26, hopes his story, with all its ups and downs, will inspire his fans to just keep going, even if it seems impossible.

“People ask me all the time, why I didn’t quit after eight years and four albums or ten years and five albums or 12 years,” he explained. “It was 18 years, nine albums, a bunch of songs that never came out and record companies that went out of business while we were recording…it’s been a long journey.”

So is Bolton’s life story a must-read? The singer thinks the readers will have to ultimately decide.

“It’s been a long journey and there’s definitely some interesting stories and high points worth sharing,” he said. “But I’m not being presumptuous to say, ‘My life is important to all of you.’ If you’re interested, there’s some definitely some noteworthy material in here.”

Bolton’s book, The Soul Of It All, is available now.

- Shannon Carlin, Radio.com

Hi Joy, I had to search for second video but I got it, thanks a lot for sharing this! Take care sweetie. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada

Thanks for the links, Joy!

Anna (in MO)

To let you know that with Amazon UK new release book chart for memoirs Michael is 40th and it does not get released here until 14th February....other books in chart already released so wait till it starts selling in the book stores.....#1 coming up !!!! lol.

Sylvia.   Your wee Scottish friend.

I received my autographed copy of MB's book from Premiere Collectibles today and it's lovely.  Very nice signature and the book is in mint condition.  Nice keepsake copy.

Also got an email from Amazon.com that my audio version of the book is also on the way..Yippee!!!!

Robin in MD :)

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service