WELCOME EVERYONE TO THE 2014 TOUR REVIEW THREAD!! COME ON IN AND JOIN THE FUN!!

Welcome everyone to the 2014 Tour Review Thread.  The upcoming year is going to be exciting with so many concerts scheduled already around the globe!!! Feel free to share the details of your concert adventures, photos, videos etc.  This is the best time to be a Bolton fan with so many concerts and the MBC Charity Event which will most likely be held later in the year too. Michael has multiple projects in the works so we never know what will happen next!!!! I appreciate the opportunity to start a new thread once again for 2014 to give us all a place to share the best part of being a fan--- experiencing Michael in person doing what he does best-SING!!!!!! 

I am looking forward to another fun year of posts and sharing great times by the best Michael Bolton fans in the world on this forum. I will post events to keep the thread moving along as the concerts come up as I have in the past. 

Happy Concert Time in 2014 to all of you!!!

Robin in MD USA :)

Views: 108084

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks very much indeed for posting this Petra......danke !!! :)  Knowing that those structures are called the Flame Towers certainly gives explanation to the shape and a wonderful shape they are too !!!

Sylvia.  Your wee Scottish friend.

Here is picture Jason has sent of himself on balcony of hotel in Baku, Azerbaijan yesterday and it is the Caspian Sea that he is looking onto and looks a wonderful setting.

Sylvia.  Your wee Scottish friend.

Many thanks Sylvia! And a nice picture of Jason!

Petra Christine (Germany)

thanks for sharing as well members of the MB crew, Sylvia! he s a big one musician, nice view on the sea!

Cheers, Christine

Thanks Sylvia....and to J. P. for sharing. Hugs,

Kathy T. :)

Hello my fellow MB fans :)  I have been busy getting ready for our Easter gathering at my home but I stayed up late for all of you write my second review ;)

McCallum Theater Palm Desert Concert

April 12 2014

I actually don't know where to start or how to describe this concert.....perhaps otherworldly would be a good start. This is the first concert in 25 years that I had attended ALONE. I always had Bob or Little Pam to go with me :) Tickets were pricey so I only bought one. I attended this concert with a heavy heart due to a seriously ill family member and I have my mom on my mind with my upcoming Scotland trip ...which includes a MB concert. In addition I was really missing Little Pam but I sure felt her with me!! So I arrived at the McCallum Theater oddly without a care in the world even though I was alone. 

Once again I spent days on the phone checking for a good seat. The venue sold out early because it was the 25th anniversary for the Palm Desert Symphony and all of its members bought the best seats early on. So finally on another one of my many computer checks days before the concert I was delighted to see front row AA pop up!!!! With adrenaline pumping I fumbled through the tix buying  process and the timer was ticking down minute by minute and BAM...I ran out of time!! Oh no...I start all over again and this time BB pops up....oh well...I will take that seat :/ Once again I start the process and this time I am in panic mode...tick tick tick...dumb mistake after dumb mistake...BAM...I run out of time AGAIN!!! Omg....take a deep breath...start again...type in the dang squiggly letters...and OMG...row AA is back!!!! HA...now I am a pro and I punched all the right keys and voila...I have my front row seat :)))  I sit back and finally breathe...oh my...another Bolton Adventure on the horizon!

We arrive at our hotel which was an hour from the venue because this was also the weekend for the Coachella Music Festival and the whole town of Palm Desert was already sold out. Bob and I set out for the venue and we encounter terrible sand storms that beat against the windshield of Bob's new car :/ Oh my....what we will go through to attend a Michael Bolton concert...lol I quietly hoped the cars paint job would also survive as Bob was quite vocal about all the swirling sand swishing and hitting the car. I have never been so quiet ;) We arrive a bit early so I can pick up my ticket at will call. We park and Bob keeps me company until the show starts. On my way to will call we run into Milo and we have a nice chat :) Now I am getting excited....and the venue doors open...and in I walk alone but serenely ready for my next adventure. I run into "the Blonde Twins"...Candace and Connie...long time Bolton fans :) They were shocked to hear about the passing of Little Pam :/ I "feel" Pam all around me as I walk to my seat. And who do I encounter sitting in the seat right next to me? None other then Robin R and she is sporting a black eye! She said she walked into an open cupboard :/  Oh boy...I remember my 2 black eyes when I saw MB at the Access Hollywood Show. Once again...what we go through to get to our MB concerts...lol She also says she was still battling bronchitis. But yet...here we are...ready to rock and roll with Michael :))) We settle in and ENJOY our wonderful seats and enjoy each others company. I acquaint Robin with the stage and how close we are to it. Oh my...these are WONDERFUL seats on the left side of the stage and there is the infamous stool right in FRONT of us :))) 

There is a short speech from the symphony charity sponsors who introduce the crowd to Sammy Symphony who is an adorable dog and that stool already on the stage was for her!!! Well this was a first...lol They then give a brief intro about Michael Bolton and then the music starts and Michael takes to the stage to thunderous applause! OMG...he is right in front us I tell Robin :))) He sees us and once again we share our finger pointing hello and this time Michael does a double point including Robin...lol Michael doesn't miss a beat! I keep Robin updated about what MB is wearing and where he is on the stage. I will defer the music set to Robin...lol...I will cheat and use her better memory. I will say he sang his usual set of songs and received standing O's for The Prayer and Nessun Dorma. Kelly and Cameron do their songs as well :) The music all sounded so ethereal with the beautiful symphony accompanying Michael on all his songs. It was angelic when MB sang Nessun Dorma! And oh my....when Michael was sitting on the stool right in front of us for several songs I told Robin this is like our own private concert!!! The venue was very intimate and we were so close to the stage that it felt like no one else was even there...especially when MB sat on the stool to sing....oh my. Wonderful is all I can say!!! When Michael was looking our way I let Robin know...we would wave and he would wave back. Too much fun! I was chair dancing at sonic speed!! Some of the symphony musicians could see me and I think I entertained them...LOL I rocked the symphony chamber!! LOL I rocked and sang and Robin sang and coughed!! lol The acoustics were perfect. I was so FULL of joy that I was bursting at the seams. WHY do I have to stay in this seat???? Oh my!! I tried to take some photos and my goodness... I had the chief of police security lady spewing her warnings and lamenting feverishly with each warning!! There was a sweet couple to my left who also got busted by Miss Crabby Pants! After her final snarl at me I had had it and I told her to go to the other side of the aisle and bust a lady who was taking photos willy nilly. Geeez Louise!! Back to rocking out and I became so animated that Brian and Drew and even Ryan were smiling ;) I even developed a new skill....air drumming!! Who knew??? Where that came from I have no idea. Oh wait...yes I do...it was Little Pam egging me on to have a great time and a GREAT time I definitely had. Then.....Michael walks toward my seat and gives that nod with raised eyebrows to say I am talking to you but does not utter a sound...lol...and hands me his guitar pic! Oh my....what happens next is surreal. I will try to describe a message that came to me in a thought and was instantaneous and gone by the time I took the pic out of Michael's hand. The message was that how fortunate I am to have the gift of sight and enjoy that millisecond of eye contact and all that meaning that the eye contact represents and the amount of info contained in just one glance via visual cues. And for the sightless their cues are sound and tactile messages and those senses carry the same importance, meaning and info. Michael didn't say anything to me when he handed me the pic but I did tell him I would give the pic to Robin. He smiled back :) I sat back down and told Robin here is Michael's pic for you! How cool is that???!! Robin said.."for me? Don't you want it? I said no...Michael would want you to have it". That message was crystal clear that Michael and I have the visual cues for memories and Robin has the tactile sense and the pic in her hand has the same memory of that moment for her as we had the eye contact for our memories. I apologize if I sound "crazy" but this is exactly what happened to me and I wanted to share it with all of you as there are several fans on this forum with vision loss and/or blindness. I don't presume to know anything about blindness or what blindness "feels" like. I only know what I experienced in that millisecond and thought it was appropriate to share with all of you. I told you this was a very special concert for me on so many levels. Wow. The concert continues and Robin and I are having a BLAST!!! I continue to give her play by play moments during the concert. Michael did venture out to the crowd during WAMLAW...about 10 feet on the left side...our side....but Miss Crabby Pants Growling Security was standing near Michael and I didn't want to hurt her if I got too close to her...LOL I scanned the scene and it was too short a distance for Robin and I to get to him as he didn't stay too long. There was no stage dancing and I actually didn't miss it at all. Can't believe I am even saying such a blasphemous comment..lol Oh my...Time, Love and Tenderness starts....Little Pam's song!! :))  I rock out some more!!! lol  Michael and his GREAT band take their bow and off they all go :) We go to the stage and chat with Kelly and Cameron. They both thanked me for the flowers I gave them and Cameron also thanked me for the baby gift. They are both as sweet as can be. Well...while Robin and I are chatting with Kelly and Cameron...up walks Drew and he bends down and hands us each a drumstick!!! My goodness...we thank him and now our smiles are even bigger!!! What a night!! I guess Drew felt I needed real drumsticks for my air drumming!! LOL Robin gathers all her purchases...a MB cup and tshirt. I bought my MB supplies at the Chumash concert :) Very nice coffee cups they are selling with the MB photo from Soul of it All book cover.

Robin had asked if we could take her home to her friend's house which was only minutes away and I said sure as long as she didn't mind waiting around to see if we might catch Michael ;) No need for her to answer that question!!! LOL We met Bob out front where he picked us up and we set out to hopefully see MB once again :))) I had a hunch where he might exit so we waited. We happened to park right next to Kelly and Cameron and her husband. We all chatted and Kelly told me it is so much fun having me in the front row....lol I teased...I guess I am your entertainment ;) I told her I can't contain myself and HAVE to chair dance...lol We see all the usual Bolton crowd and then finally MB himself. We make a bee line to try and catch his "ride" but alas they were way ahead of us and on a mission!! We weren't sure that was the car with MB in it but upon further investigation we found it was. Oh well...next time :))) We had a FULL night and I had sooooo much fun!! I think Robin did too :)))

THANK YOU Michael Bolton for a wonderful Bolton weekend adventure!!! Oh boy...and now I am off to Scotland to see you in Glasgow. I am certain my mom will "be with me" on that adventure!! It is soooo much fun being a Bolton Fan :))) Safe travels to you Michael and your band and crew!!! Until next time.....

Kathy and LAFD Bob

Many thanks Kathy! To read your Reviews gives big pleasure! I feel as if I had been present!

And little Pam was also present definitely!

I am also glad very much for Robin! I believe, blind people hear Michael's voice even more exactly, than we others. We allow to deflect ourselves from Michael's sight!

Do you know what would be really interesting? If there was a publishing company which puts together all concert reports in a book! This would be not only for Michael a pleasant bedtime reading?!

Over again many thanks Kathy.

Petra Christine (Germany)

Hey there Kathy R..  What a night you and Robin both had!!!!!!!!! I felt like I was there with you and her!!!!!  Those are my perfect seats too, the spot I go for every time when I can for tickets too...:) :)  I can imagine you guys having such fun as I have sat with Robin at shows years ago back here.. Robin- I can picture you there having a blast with Kathy!!LOL Kathy-.It was good you were there at this one!  Maybe it was fate to get those seats side by side!! I am sorry to hear Robin had a black eye, oh dear!! :(   I bet you guys got MB's comp seats or something last minute, her friends got her 1 and you ended up with the other one in the pair. Just a guess but that stuff happens sometimes! Way to go to both of you! I know ticket buying can be crazy like that!LOL

I am sure Pam was with you the whole time in spirit chair dancing right along side you girl. She was smiling down on you for sure!!!

What was the encore? Did he leave right after TLT and no encore? Just wondered as it sounds like he didn't come back out?  I have a Drew drumstick too from the show in Annapolis in Dec., same thing he came down and just handed it to me!!LOL  I have had shows where I didn't miss standing at the stage, it was so much fun being so close in the seats already.. You go girls!!!! Rockin out anyway!!LOL

This will be a show neither of you will ever forget. That was so nice of MB to give you the guitar pick to give to Robin.  It's so cool when MB does those sweet gestures from the stage. I love it!!!!  I am glad you saw the girls after the show.  They are both so sweet.

How is Bob's car? I hope the sand didn't do any damage.  Yipes!!!

Thanks for another great review!!!!!! Happy Easter!!!!

Robin in MD:)

Hey Kathy,

Thanks for yet another Great review, you always seem to have such a Great time, it feels like being right there with you All! I can hardly wait to hear about "Scotland"....look out Michael:)!

Mary (meg's mom)!

Hi Mary....oh my....hope I survive Scotland!!! I CAN'T wait!!!!!!!!! Glad you enjoyed my review :)))

Kathy and LAFD Bob

Hi Kathy R, girl, this is the review to end all concert reviews... Thank you sweetie: you are a gift, God bless. Take care. Big warm bear hugs, sincerely, Sylvie QC Canada xxxxx

Hi Sylvie.....why THANK YOU! Coming from you that is a quite a compliment! I respectively accept your kind words :)) Have I left you speechless? ;)  You usually have some questions for me but I bet Robin R was able to answer them all with her great memory! I am thrilled you enjoyed my review and personally understood where I was coming from!! Above all I wanted to be respectful and in no way was I assuming the life of a person living with blindness!! Thank you again :)))

Kathy and LAFD Bob

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service