WELCOME EVERYONE TO THE 2014 TOUR REVIEW THREAD!! COME ON IN AND JOIN THE FUN!!

Welcome everyone to the 2014 Tour Review Thread.  The upcoming year is going to be exciting with so many concerts scheduled already around the globe!!! Feel free to share the details of your concert adventures, photos, videos etc.  This is the best time to be a Bolton fan with so many concerts and the MBC Charity Event which will most likely be held later in the year too. Michael has multiple projects in the works so we never know what will happen next!!!! I appreciate the opportunity to start a new thread once again for 2014 to give us all a place to share the best part of being a fan--- experiencing Michael in person doing what he does best-SING!!!!!! 

I am looking forward to another fun year of posts and sharing great times by the best Michael Bolton fans in the world on this forum. I will post events to keep the thread moving along as the concerts come up as I have in the past. 

Happy Concert Time in 2014 to all of you!!!

Robin in MD USA :)

Views: 108085

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

What an absolutely terrific photo and thanks so much for share Bettina....lovely and danke !!! :)  The roses are beautiful Astrid !!! :)

Sylvia.  Your wee Scottish friend.

Wow! Astrid. Thanks for your review. Awesome getting a smile from him. All of you girls there in Germany, thanks ever so much for your reviews.

http://www.derwesten.de/staedte/essen/michael-bolton-auf-kuschelkur...

Here a criticism about the concert in Essen.

Petra (Germany)

na so schlimm ist diese Meldung aus Essen nicht ... die vom www.ovb-online.de aus Rosenheim ist zum K......n  :-/  werde noch dem Typ eine Email schreiben ;-)

Have a nice day,

Christine

Christine, Kritiken in dieser Art habe ich in den letzten Tagen massenweise gefunden. Scheinbar schicken die Redaktionen Journalisten auf das Bolton Konzert, die eigentlich lieber die Wildecker Herzbuben oder ACDC hören. Und auch die Aussage "akribisch geplant" bringt mich zum Schreien. Ich war zwar erst einmal auf einem Livekonzert, aber ich kann mir nicht vorstellen, dass es Künstler gibt, die sich auf die Bühne stellen und rufen: "Leute, was wollt ihr hören?" oder "was soll ich singen?".  Zum Glück gibt es noch guten Journalismus!

Christine, I have found criticism in this kind during the last days on a huge scale. Apparently the editorial staff sends journalists on the Bolton concert which hears, actually, rather the Wildecker Herzbuben or ACDC. And also the statement "meticulously planned" brings me to yelling. Though I was first of all on a live concert, but I cannot imagine that there is artist who position themselves on the stage and shout: "People what you want to hear?" or "what should I sing?". Luckily there is still good journalism!

Petra (Germany)

http://www.burning-music.de/2014/05/michael-bolton-im-circus-krone-...

And here a concert report of Munich with many nice pictures.

Petra (Germany)

Danke Petra für die Links:-) hört sich ja schon ganz gut an:-)))

Very nice photos, thanks for posting, Petra. Hugs;

Kathy T. :)

more photos from Leipzig in the Gallery

Gestern war - leider - das letzte Konzert in Deutschland. Das Gewandhaus in Leipzig ist ein wunderschöner Veranstaltungsort. Die Akustik ist sehr gut. Und dort gibt es auch eine sehr große schöne Orgel. Leider wurde sie durch das Bühnenbild verdeckt. Aber auch nicht weiter schlimm, da Michael ja keine Orgelmusik spielt. :-)

Ich hatte einen wunderbaren Platz in der 2. Reihe im Mittelblock und konnte alles gut beobachten. Mir hat das Konzert wieder sehr gut gefallen. Ein bisschen traurig war ich aber schon, da es das letzte Konzert in Deutschland war und man ja nicht weiß, wann er wieder kommt. Ich hoffe, dass es keine 3 Jahre wieder dauert.

Das Publikum hat Michael von Anfang an bejubelt und es gab auch hier Standing Ovations. Diesmal hat er zu Beginn etwas mit "photos" gesagt. Aber leider ist mein Englisch nicht gut, so dass ich es nicht verstanden habe. Aber im ganzen Saal wurden eifrig Fotos gemacht, sogar mit Blitzlicht.

Auch in Leipzig hat er wieder Nessun Dorma gesungen. Und diesmal hat er sich den Spaß erlaubt, dem Publikum das Mikrofon hinzuhalten, damit wir den Chor singen. Natürlich traute sich niemand und er amüsierte sich darüber. Das hat mir gut gefallen.

Leider sind meine Fotos nicht so besonders geworden, die Lichtverhältnisse sind für meine Kamera nicht gut. Gerade die Duette mit Kelly Levesque und Amanda Brown sind sehr verschwommen. Sehr schade.

Von der Stimmung insgesamt hat mir das Konzert in Rostock besser gefallen. Michael war dort etwas lockerer und das Publikum stand direkt vor ihm vor der Bühne. Und das brachte zum Schluss natürlich Stimmung. In Leipzig stand vorne Security, die verhindert hat, das dass Publikum zu nah nach vorne kommt und das finde ich persönlich immer etwas schade.

Aber es war ein gelungener Abend. Im Anschluss gab Kelly Levesque im Foyer Autogramme. Sie ist eine wirklich sehr nette und charmante Person. Amanda Brown war - glaube ich - auch dort.

Nun warte ich ganz gespannt auf den 22. Mai. Dort wird dann in der Royal Albert Hall in London mein "Michael Bolton Jahr" enden. Leider.

Viele Grüße aus Berlin

Katrin

Yesterday was - unfortunately - the last concert in Germany. The Gewandhaus in Leipzig is a beautiful venue. The acoustics are very good. And there is also a very large beautiful orgel. Unfortunately, it was obscured by the stage. But not so bad because Michael does'nt even orgel music. :)

I hat a wonderful place in the 2nd row in the middle block and could observe everything well. I enjoyed the concert again very good. I was a bit sad but already, as it was the last concert in Germany and one dos'nt know ehen he Comes back. I hope it will not take three years back.

The public has hailed Michael from the beginning and there were some Standing ovations. This time he has said something at the beginning with "photos". But unfortunately my English is not good, so I did'nt understand it. But on the whole hall were eagerly Pictures taken, even with Flash.

In Leipzig he was singing Nessun Dorma. And this time he has allowed the fun, the audience should hold the microphone so we sing the Chorus. Of course, no one dared and he was amused. That I liked.

Unfortunately my photos did'nt become so special, the light conditions are not good for my camera. Especially the duets with Kelly Levesque and Amanda Brown are very blurry. A great pity.

From the overall mood me the concert in Rostock has liked better. Michael was there a little looser and the audience was standing right in front of him in front of the stage. And this led to the conclusion of course, atmosphere. In Leipzig stood forward security, which has prevented the audience that comes too close to the front and I always find for one a little sad.

But it was a successful evening. Following Kelly Levesque was in the foyer autographs. It is a really very nice and charming Person. Amanda Brown was - I believe - also there.

Now I'm waiting very anxiously for the May 22. There will the end my "Michael Bolton year" at the Royal Albert Hall in London. Unfortunately.

Best regards from Berlin

Katrin

Katrin, vielen Dank für deinen Bericht! Ja, es ist sehr traurig, dass die Deutschlandtour vorüber ist! Dass die Security die Fans nicht an die Bühne läßt, finde ich sehr schade! In München hat da keiner etwas gesagt!! Bei den letzten drei Liedern MUSSTE ich sowieso vorne stehen, da ich keinen Sitzplatz mehr hatte. Unsere Stuhlreihe war aus der Verankerung gebrochen (ha, ha). Wahrscheinlich haben alle zu viel mit Ihrem Hinterteil gewackelt! Jetzt kreuzen wir alle ganz fest die Finger; vielleicht kommt Michael noch einmal zu uns. VERDIENT HÄTTEN WIR ES JA SCHON, ODER???

Katrin, many thanks for your report! Yes, it is very sad that the Germany tour is past! The fact that the Security the fans does not leave to the stage, I find a great pity ones! In Munich nobody has said there something!! With the last three songs I had to stand anyway in front, because I had no more seat. Our chair row had broken from the anchorage (ha, ha). Probably everybody has wobbled too much with your back! Now we cross everybody quite firmly the fingers; maybe Michael comes once again to us. WE WOULD HAVE EARNED IT ALREADY, OR???

Petra (Germany)

Thank you so much Katrin for your review!! Perhaps because the audience was so close to the stage Michael didn't have the audience come up? That happens often and the front few rows still have a great time but if you were planning to come forward from further back then it is a bit disappointing. So glad you have a few concerts also as it is nice to compare the different performances :)) Looking forward to your review in May!! Something to look forward to :))

Kathy and LAFD Bob

Thank you for your review, Katrin, and glad you enjoyed your concert. I love that little teaser when MB holds the mic to the audience during Nessun Dorma :).

Kathy T. :)

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service