Welcome everyone to the 2017 Tour Review Thread!   The upcoming year is going to be exciting with concerts scheduled already for 2017!!  MB has some USA shows starting off the year in January and more shows through early April so far and I’m sure many more to come around the globe as the year unfolds!  Also exciting for 2017 is the February 10th release of Songs of Cinema and I am betting a few more songs from the CD will make it in the tour setlist!  Woo Hoo!  This is the best time to be a fan with MB’s concerts and we may have a Michael Bolton Charities event later in the year, we never know. Michael has multiple projects in the works and he is good at keeping us guessing. I appreciate the opportunity to start a new thread once again for 2017 to give us all a place to share the best part of being a fan--- experiencing Michael in person doing what he does best-SING!!!!!! 

I am looking forward to another fun year of posts and sharing great times by the best Michael Bolton fans in the world on this forum. I will post events to keep the thread moving along as the concerts come up as I have in the past.  

Let the year long concert party begin and I wish concerts for all of you in 2017!! I know many fans are on other social media sites but I do hope we can continue with the exciting tour reviews here in 2017!  You all make the thread fun.  

Happy Concert Time again in 2017!!

Views: 16206

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

We sure didn't have an oncor Friday night but sorta did Saturday. It was weird not hearing HCWBLIWCBF, TLT, Steal Bars, & all those hits but, oh! well! Who knows what will happen in Coachella. I'll be in the 6th row center. Then, the barracades. They probably think we're animals & voltures. Growl. Pardon my pun with the growl there everyone. Well, no matter what, I'm gonna have an awesome time even if I don't get to shake his hand or anything like that. After all, don't expect anything until it happens. I just can't comment enough about his lovliness. He's such a babe. Sorry for this but wow!

Thank you all for letting me know I was being my usual self and posting in the wrong place!!!!! AND the only reason it is in the right place now is because Ryan fixed it for me!!!!! Now you see why I am more absent than not...LOL I hope you all had a good laugh as we did over here!!!!! Sooooooo typically me!!!! Happy Valentine's Day everyone!!! And of there were more concerts and reviews!!!! I meant to say the first concert with Michael's new cd coming out!!! And the last thing.....the second show was not taped....only by me of course....but that's another story!!!! LOL

Kathy and LAFD Bob

Hey Kathy! So glad you had a blast.
I can picture it all..Wooo Hoo!

Thanks to Ryan for getting your reviews here..Cut and paste is a wonderful thing! LOL

Have a blast in Hawaii Kathy!
Robin in MD :)

The next batch of shows brings MB and band and crew back to the East Coast of the USA. Woo Hoo.

The next show is  at the New Jersey Performing Arts Center, Newark, NJ on Friday, February 17, 2017.

I wish the NJ, DE and NY girls and anyone else going a great time! I was contemplating this one as I enjoyed this venue back in I think it was 2010 when I was there but real life has me too busy this go round. 

Have fun everyone and I hope to see more reviews here. Kathy's was a great way to start off 2017!!

Robin in MD :)

The Newark show opened with Stephanie Mills. She sang for an hour and 15. I have to say I thought she was excellent and full of energy. The crowd was pretty mixed as half seemed to be fans of Stephanie. She said she was the original Dorthy in the Wiz 45 years ago. When Michael came on he said he thought she was amazing and watched her from the side of the stage. Michael and the band looked really tired, especially Michael, I imagine still jet lagged. We only got to chat with Ashley for a few minutes, the van picked up the band immediately after the show to take them back in the city.

The opening Michael sang Stand by Me, To Love Somebody, Dock of the Bay, Said I Loved You, You Don't Know Me, I've got a Woman, That's Life and Home Sweet Chicago. Then he left the stage with the band playing and came back to do duets with Sam. To Make You Feel My Love, How Am I, Ain't No Mountain and the Prayer. Then Sam did Back on My Feet.

Michael did When a Man Loves a Woman in the audience and the people in that area were Stephanie fans and were freaking out! They all rushed the stage when he went to he back to go on stage (no audience access). We were in the front row and they were aggressive stepping all over people to get there.

Michael wrapped up the show doing How can We Be Lovers and Time Love and Tenderness. I think he did Steel Bars but I can't remember for sure. The band lined up to take a bow and Michael came to he microphone and Sorry we're out of Time (it was now 11 and noise ordinance makes the show end). While the band waited for Michael, he spent an easy 10 minutes walking down the stage shaking hands with everyone standing there. One woman was rubbing his leg and another grabbed his scarf, but he just calmly worked his way down the stage. I haven't seen him do that in awhile.

We had new shirts made for the show! Pirates this time. They were fun to work on. Great night even though the show was shortened.
Attachments:

Hey Sally, thanks for your review and nice to read you on here. :D Did you know in advance Stephanie Mills was opening for Michael? Wow, I knew she was the original “Wiz” Dorothy, but didn’t know that was 45 years ago!  I didn’t know the play came before the movie either. Good to know you enjoyed her show. Thanks a lot for what you remember of the setlist, much appreciated. Heehee, I’ll bet the Stephanie fans are Michael fans now too! :D Aww, so nice of Michael to spend more time with the fans, God bless him... Maybe they weren’t expecting Stephanie’s show to be that long? Sally, I’d like to ask: do you get your T-shirts made at a local store, Cafe Press or something? I’m just curious. I know the fact that you guys have several T-shirts made has more of an impact if Michael sees them from the stage, but I’m thinking other fans might want a part of your fun too. :D Thanks so much for sharing with us Sally, take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada :D  

I did Sylvia, it was billed as a Valentines show. I don't have think we expected her to sing for over an hour. But she was excellent.

Love your tshirts Sally!! Great job and I bet you all have fun creating them for each concert. No need to worry about what to wear!! Love the MB pirate pic of Jack Sparrow :) Thanks for your review and sounds like Michael tried his best to get in what he could before the 11pm hour. That is late for his show to end. All of mine seem to be 10:30 so far. Thanks again!!

Kathy and LAFD Bob

Sally, thanks ever so much for your review. Had I'da been living in MD still, I'da try to go to Newark as I have a friend there; not that I'd expect to stay at her place & all but thanks. I take it you got to shake his hand. A friend told me she got to & she gave him a birthday card. Now. How cool is that?

Awesome about the shirts & cool reading the setlist.

Thanks for super reviews Kathy, terrific !!! :)  So, so glad you and Robin had a great time and especially that Michael was his sweet self....God forbid  that that man ever changes !!  So pleased for you Robin that not only a handshake but a kiss too.....wow, certainly something to never forget and hope you haven't washed your hand yet ???????? LOL  Lovely to hear about Jason too being as kind as ever .... they know how to make you feel special and just hope that they know how much it means.

Did have a good laugh when you said about Bob going round in circles for took me back to the time we ended up in the multi-storey car park and all we were trying to do was find the entrance to the theatre.....that was definitely a time of going round in circles !!! LOL

Just to say they didn't get everyone who was filming because there are a few short videos on Instagram from the shows.  

Thanks again Kathy and hope you have fantastic time tonight and sounds as though Michael is going to be doing something special at the show by tweets getting posted and that is apart from his live stream he is going to do.

Look forward to your next review !!! :)

Sylvia   Your wee Scottish friend

Hi Sylvia...lol...oh yes having you navigate was even more "fun" driving in Scotland!!

Michael and Jason were so sweet and kind to Robin and I was glad I could help in getting their messages to her :)

Of course they won't catch everyone filming but they will definitely get front row!! The gal next to me was a season ticket holder and she said the ushers were like nazis in confiscating things because she was worried about my flowers. I had placed them on the stage momentarily and they immediately asked me to remove them and she remarked that she couldn't believe they were cordial about telling me. So I was marked from the get go. I will do like Sylvie said and send my vids immediately to my email and get rid of them on the phone. Live and learn. I actually need to bring my regular camera that isn't affected so much by the light up front near the stage.

Kathy and LAFD Bob

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service