Welcome everyone to the 2017 Tour Review Thread!   The upcoming year is going to be exciting with concerts scheduled already for 2017!!  MB has some USA shows starting off the year in January and more shows through early April so far and I’m sure many more to come around the globe as the year unfolds!  Also exciting for 2017 is the February 10th release of Songs of Cinema and I am betting a few more songs from the CD will make it in the tour setlist!  Woo Hoo!  This is the best time to be a fan with MB’s concerts and we may have a Michael Bolton Charities event later in the year, we never know. Michael has multiple projects in the works and he is good at keeping us guessing. I appreciate the opportunity to start a new thread once again for 2017 to give us all a place to share the best part of being a fan--- experiencing Michael in person doing what he does best-SING!!!!!! 

I am looking forward to another fun year of posts and sharing great times by the best Michael Bolton fans in the world on this forum. I will post events to keep the thread moving along as the concerts come up as I have in the past.  

Let the year long concert party begin and I wish concerts for all of you in 2017!! I know many fans are on other social media sites but I do hope we can continue with the exciting tour reviews here in 2017!  You all make the thread fun.  

Happy Concert Time again in 2017!!

Views: 16206

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I knew I was getting Michael's CD in the mail when I got back on the 15th but had to buy it since my friend Sue with whom I was visiting let me hear & joe said I was the first one to purchase the CD & I said, "Yeah, that's what I wanna hear." Kathy & I had a good time. I didn't know she went to Hawaii. I'll bet she was shocked when Bob told her after they dropped me off at the Denny's where I met my second ride to go back to my friend's. The story is, is that Sue lives where I used to live in CA. Loved it. The neat memories of visiting her & I know, I'm a little off topic herebutSue & her mom waited up for me. They're night owls anyway & I got back to their place about 1"30 a.m. not p.m. They were so neat to have me visit. See, we met on a chat line. She & her mom lived in MA. She'd visit me when I lived there & she has family in CA. Well, now, she paid me back; I'm visiting her from Las Vegas. Had an awesome time. Loved it being at 2 concerts in a row of Michael's. Each trip was 41 miles each way. Kathy & Bob, as I said, took me from the venue to Denny's in Anameim.

Hey Robin R, thanks for sharing the details of your visit: you've had many years of traveling for concerts girl. Cool you were the first to buy the CD and hope your friend Sue enjoyed it. :D Take care girl. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada :D

She really did enjoy the CD.

Michael's live stream video from Hawaii where he has announced a competition to raise money for MBC by offering tickets to one of his concerts, plus flights, and this is being done through Prizeo.

https://www.facebook.com/MBsings/videos/10155788196343154/

Sylvia   Your wee Scottish friend

Was great seeing him do the soundcheck and all.  Great memories for me from MD in December! Yes awesome way to raise funds for the Michael Bolton Charities too!

Robin in MD :)

Thanks for the info Gloria and Sylvia, but I feel I should warn you to double-check if your country can participate: I can't in my country because of sweepstakes laws. Take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada :(

That was soooo cool :) I loved that he answered my Kupid Shuffle question!!! LOL Just like in his Netflix special...he didn't dance...but this time he didn't get kicked off the stage like in his special !! LOL

For information have started a new Charity Event thread for 2017 and have placed all details about competition to raise funds for MBC through Prizeo in there.  Here is link to thread

http://www.michaelbolton.com/forum/topics/2017-charitable-events

Lovely pic of Michael leaving Hawaii yesterday after show on 14th February.  Pic comes courtesy of Luxury Limo Hawaii.

Michael is standing at car with driver and all his luggage on, what looks like, airport trolley so he was ready for the off.

Sylvia  Your wee Scottish friend

ALOHA from Hawaii :) I have to thank my sweet husband Bob for making this a very special Valentine's Day for me! 

Blaisdell Center

Honolulu, Hawaii

Feb. 14, 2017

Needless to say this has been one heck of a Bolton Adventure!! I always say there will be another day and another time to see Michael Bolton. We were already packed and I was prepared for a several day stay in Orange County for MB's 2 concerts in Costa Mesa when Bob says throw in a couple more outfits in case we decide to extend our visit. We stayed with friends for the concert so I figured we would then go somewhere else for Valentine's Day while we were already out of town. Well......what can I say....when Bob says ..."let"s go to Hawaii for Valentines's Day!" Funny enough we have been talking about returning to Hawaii now that Bob has retired so that didn't seem to unusual....and of course I said sure and then I said...."don't tell me you got MB tix also?" And of course he had....I told him I couldn't believe he did that. I said you are acting like a crazy Bolton fan like me!!! lol So we arrived in Hawaii on the 12th and the rest is history :) I must admit retired life is going pretty well....lol

We checked out the venue upon our arrival. I checked in with the ticket office to ask about parking. We were told to arrive early because there was another concert scheduled at the same time. No problem. So we arrive early and the Honolulu traffic was crazy in addition to the hang loose Hawaiian aloha spirit....oy vey. I give Bob his tix and I jump out of the car as we are stuck in traffic and told Bob I would meet up with him inside. I go through security and get to my seat and ask about the lanyard that I was supposed to receive with my ticket. No one has an answer. One fellow says "your front row seat is your vip package". I smile and say ...right. So I go back to the front window and wait and wait as more Aloha spirit folks try to figure out what is going on. Finally....an answer....go back to your seat and the vip people in charge will bring everyone sitting in the front row their lanyards etc. So I hurry back to my seat and Bob asks..."Where have you been??? I can't believe we came all the way to Hawaii to see MB and you are missing!!" LOL I explained the mess and then in a second the people arrive with our lanyards, bag of candy and a red rose :) Alrighty now....let's roll !!

Front row center was wonderful and thankfully the seats were set back far enough from the high stage that we were very comfortable :) I actually have a setlist for you all...lol...many of the regular songs...DOTB, SILYBIL, That's Life, SHC, HAISTLWY, You Don't Know Me, Steel Bars, WAMLAW,That's Life, and duets with Sam: ANMHE, The Prayer, BOMFA and new songs.. Stand By Me and I've Got A Woman. Michael definitely sang a full concert and sounded WONDERFUL!! And yes he had an encore this time and that was great!! There was LOTS of yelling and joking back and forth and chatting with Michael :) It got a bit overwhelming very early on when people were just walking right up to the stage and taking pics/vids of Michael until the front of the stage was covered by what looked like papparazzi!!! It was incredible. NEVER had seen anything like it! No security anywhere. This could go bad :/ Michael even told one gal....you can take pics but you are taking a family video...my family will get upset that you can see more of me than they can!!! It was unsettling and FINALLY in came security and that chaos didn't happen again. IF Michael has to tell the audience how to behave you know it is bad!! Security finally cleared the area! Thankfully after that the concert went on SUPERBLY!! Of course I was getting an A+ in audience participation...lol I yelled out if MB could show us the Kupid Shuffle and he gives that great laugh where he throws his head back and says...oh yes...the Kupid Shuffle! And he stood there just like on the netflix special :) Someone asked for a bd wish and got one. Another yelled Jack Sparrow. Another woman brought up a stuffed bear which caused all kinds of comments...lol I said....it is one of the many toys from your special...now find a baby to give it to. Michael laughed and says...ah yes....75,000 babies wasn't it??? Michael goes to put it on the piano and it won't sit up....keeps falling over. People laugh. Michael then uses his bottle of water to help it sit up and he starts talking to the bear!! lol He tries to give the bear a drink of water!! Too funny. First MB asked the woman who gave it to him ...why was it ticking?? He warned Brian to be careful since the bear was on his piano. And on it went. Michael even said...we will get back to the concert eventually!! He also teased the woman who wanted the bd wish that perhaps she is tricking him like the woman in Costa Mesa that came onstage to have him sing happy birthday to her and later he found out that the women had just met in the parking lot. I said .....no no no...and Michael laughs and says...oh that's right..you were there! Jokingly of course :) I don't mean it...they were mom and daughter :) This banter went on all throughout the concert :) This was a really fun concert! Even Sam made a joke. She and MB just finished singing HAISTLWY  and he says...such a happy song and Sam says...yeah...Happy Valentine's Day!!!! Too funny. Needless to say Bob and I had a great time. Michael threw out several guitar pics and one came my way...finally :) And before we knew it the concert was over. Ahhhh.....waiting for March now! It was sweet to see and chat with Ashley and Sam and the gang. And then we waited to see Michael :)))))) What a nice way to end this concert!! Michael was his sweet self and he greatly enjoyed chatting with Bob about retirement. Finally got a pic with the 3 of us :) We got a pic years ago with Tom and Ashley and Bob and I with MB also in it but this one is just Bob and I and Michael. Now I have to locate the photographer to download our pic :) That should be fun!

Well that is my Hawaiian Bolton Adventure!! And here is to everyone having fun at whichever MB concert each of you can arrange to attend!!!! It looks like a GREAT 2017 for Michael and I sure hope to have my next adventure soon :))) THANK YOU Michael for all the great music and wonderful concerts you provide for all us fans. And thanks again for all the Pledge fan offers!!! Hold on Michael....we are all going to be in your audiences eagerly awaiting ANOTHER great concert!! Woohoo!!! Until then......

Kathy and LAFD Bob  

Oh WOW Kathy thanks for sharing that adventure and have to ask is that about one of the best Valentine's present you have ever had ???  What an old romantic Bob really is .... you lucky girl, as though you don't know it !!! lol  

Thanks for set list but should we all be thanking BOB ?????????????????? lol

It sure sounds like one hilarious time was had by all and of course with everything that has been going on with the Special and SOC I bet Michael was riding on a super charged high !!!   With the bear that takes me back to his Time, Love & Tenderness tour where he says the bear knows everything and says it is sad but he has to ask it what's happening next.... always laugh at that bit.  

Thanks a million Kathy for not only making me smile but LOL  today, thanks !!! :)

Can I just take opportunity to ask but has anyone heard from Robin R ????   Maybe she is still up on cloud 9 and hasn't found her way back down here yet.  Is that what is wrong Robin ????  Missing you on here and hoping all is well !!!

Robin R. is having trouble accessing the forum. I do not know why.. The ad for the cd keeps popping up for me at times. She wants to post a review.

Robin in MD :)

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service