Welcome everyone to the 2017 Tour Review Thread!   The upcoming year is going to be exciting with concerts scheduled already for 2017!!  MB has some USA shows starting off the year in January and more shows through early April so far and I’m sure many more to come around the globe as the year unfolds!  Also exciting for 2017 is the February 10th release of Songs of Cinema and I am betting a few more songs from the CD will make it in the tour setlist!  Woo Hoo!  This is the best time to be a fan with MB’s concerts and we may have a Michael Bolton Charities event later in the year, we never know. Michael has multiple projects in the works and he is good at keeping us guessing. I appreciate the opportunity to start a new thread once again for 2017 to give us all a place to share the best part of being a fan--- experiencing Michael in person doing what he does best-SING!!!!!! 

I am looking forward to another fun year of posts and sharing great times by the best Michael Bolton fans in the world on this forum. I will post events to keep the thread moving along as the concerts come up as I have in the past.  

Let the year long concert party begin and I wish concerts for all of you in 2017!! I know many fans are on other social media sites but I do hope we can continue with the exciting tour reviews here in 2017!  You all make the thread fun.  

Happy Concert Time again in 2017!!

Views: 16188

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yes. I remember what he said in forth Worth Texas 9/11/01. Wow! He's just that way & can express himself well, no doubt.

hi girls, 

don't worry Sylvia, we'll wait for your review ;-D

Silvy from CH 

Upton House, 10 June 2017

Is it that I forget between live performances just how brilliant Michael is on stage, or does he really get better every time I have the privilege of attending a concert? His show at the Upton House music festival was just awesome, and left me breathless.
There was only a simple security bag search at the gates, when I arrived at 6.45pm, there were no queues, and the grounds were full of people staking their claim on a patch of grass. The seated areas were arranged in two smallish blocks, surrounded and divided by a low picket fence. Whilst I was working out which seat was mine, I saw Sylvia on the other side of the central fence. We caught up on all the gossip, and she introduced me to two fans I’d not met before. She’d been there early enough to catch the band’s sound check, but a security guard had worried her by saying Michael had left his hotel some time before but had not turned up yet; was he winding her up deliberately or had our man had a better offer for the evening? There was about three metres of grass between the front row and the barrier where three security guards were stationed (and notices displayed No Dancing in this Area – darn it!) then about the same amount of no-mans-land between the barrier and the stage, so it was clear we would be kept at a distance. There was no obvious place for Michael to do his walk into the audience either, and I started to think it might be difficult to get any kind of atmosphere generated at this one. Oh boy, was I wrong!
I found my seat between two ladies who has never attended a Michael show before, and later a man turned up too, who was also a newbie. There was also a man whose girlfriend had bought him the ticket as a birthday treat, two seats down. We all enjoyed the supporting act, Kenny Thomas, whose songs got a few fans on their feet and dancing, but the excitement was building inside me for Michael’s appearance and the experience I knew these first-timers were going to receive; their delight would resonate with me, I’m not too old to remember that first concert.
Michael was greeted by so much noise, even in the open air it was deafening. He strode on stage, went straight to the microphone, and shouted (something along these lines) ‘Hello Poole! We love you Manchester, we love you London, and we stand with you”, reference to the recent terrorist atrocities and the common acclamation we'd all echoed since the murders. The roar and applause that resulted was thunderous, we were all on our feet in acknowledgement. And then the band struck up ‘Stand by Me’ and we were all singing along immediately. So very emotional.
I won’t remember every song he sang, but in there somewhere was ‘To Love Somebody’, ‘Dock of the Bay’, ‘You Don’t Know Me’, ‘That’s Life’, ‘Sweet Home Chicago’, ‘Old Time Rock ‘n’ Roll’, ‘How Can We Be Lovers’ – a really rocking set that got everyone joining in word for word. There was the usual banter with the crowd, including his response to a marriage proposal- “Have we met?” Lots of noise, lots of shouting, lots of laughter, all the time. With Sam Fly, he performed ‘How am I Supposed to Live Without You’, ‘To Make You Feel My Love’, and ‘The Prayer’; the lady next to me was close to tears as their voices soared up into the darkening skies, and the man said to me, ‘ Oh, he really is good, isn’t he?’ – well, duh!
Jason was on fine form on the sax, for the intervals, as was Brian on the piano solo, and Ryan on lead guitar. During the second one, I glanced sideways to the end of the row, and saw a security man pass by with a portable podium. I couldn’t quite believe what I was seeing, the aisle between the seating and the fence was no more than a metre wide, yet he set it up a couple of rows behind ours, and security started to swarm there. Then Michael was walking out into the audience, singing ‘When a Man Loves a Woman’ and the roar from the crowd all but drowned him out. It felt fearless , as magical as always but with a new twist of defiance and confidence; nevertheless, I think I held my breath until he was safely back on stage.
All too soon, we were into the encores – ‘Steel Bars’ and ‘Georgia’, I think – the ovation Michael and the band received must have left him with no doubts that the British fans were massively appreciative and want him to come back post haste. Please. I feel the need to test out again whether he really does improve his performance every time I witness it!

Love to new friends and old, see you 'on tour' next year.

Margaret in Kent

Hi Margaret and thanks for your wonderful review! To answer your question, maybe your privileges are few and far-between AND Michael does get better. :D Meeting people/fans old and new really is part of the fun. Wow, what a way to start a concert: Michael is the best! Thanks for the close to complete setlist Margaret, I appreciate it. Your concert sounded absolutely wonderful, both on and off-stage, thanks so much for such a terrific description! Take good care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada :D

Oh, Margaret, Thanks for an awesome review. I felt like I was there. You did right well with the setlist but don't worry. Wow! is all I can say.

OH Margaret, I've just popped in here to post a link to an article on the Festival and found your absolutely WONDERFUL review.... thanks so, so much for it, thank you !!! :)  I haven't even started to get my head round one yet as doing far tooo much catching up especially on sleep..... yeah, I did a Bolton this morning and forget "crack of noon" I was way PAST that !!!!!! LOL  Thanks again Margaret and so, so glad you had a super time and the whole atmosphere was electric, wasn't it and especially with the joining in and singing .... that was the loudest I've heard and I am certain on HAISTLWY thought I saw Michael signal to Sam and they kept those microphones on the audience longer than usual because they did not sing as much of a duet on that as is norm, for that audience just took over.  Believe because (well, majority of folk had had a "wee" tipple) and the atmosphere was just so relaxed, rather than in a theatre, that everyone WENT for it and boy, did it work out ..... I can still hear it, deafening !!!!! lol

On set list one missed, "I Got A Woman" but I believe you have got them all.  One other little bit that I thought was fantastic and showed exactly how much the band had enjoyed themselves was when Michael was making the introductions and for the first time ever, that I have seen, when Michael mentioned Brian he jumped up off his stool and waved to the audience and was smiling away.....oh, I just loved that moment, pure magic !!! :)  Think I'm starting to write a review here !!!! LOL  Will say that know band did have fantastic time and loved everything was because got opportunity to speak to Jason, Ashley, Ryan and Drew and they had a blast and will elaborate a bit more in review which I will get my head round soon but thanks Margaret for definitely my task, in writing a review, is a lot, lot easier .... I'll just keep referring back to yours !!! lol

It was so, so lovely to meet you again and here is hoping we will meet up somewhere, sometime in 2018 during Michael's next UK tour and have a good old chinwag instead of a chat over a picket fence !!! LOL

Take care Margaret and thanks again for super, super review !!! :)

Sylvia   Your wee Scottish friend

Like neighbours, over the fence! Could have been Hadrian's Wall in times gone by! :0). Yes, the atmosphere is more intimate indoors, but it all feels 'free' somehow in the open air; quite different. No need to thank me for writing this, you do enough for us all to keep us informed, nice to be able to shoulder a bit of that responsibility. Don't let that stop you posting your thoughts though, when you've had time to draw breath. Glad you had a brilliant time down South again; Michael could become a new seaside attraction!

Margaret in Kent

Now there is an idea, Michael being a seaside attraction for I live in a seaside town..... get the boy to Largs in Scotland !!!! LOL

Sylvia   Your wee Scottish friend

Ooooohhhhh yes!! Largs would be FINE!!!

Kathy LAFD

Hi Margaret....what a heartfelt review!!! LOVED it!! You sound like me with the quick scan of the front stage area!! That is EXACTLY the first thing I do at my MB concerts!! Sounds like you had a wonderful time!! So happy you shared your wonderful concert experience with us!! Have fun at your next MB concert!!!

Kathy LAFD

Fantastic review Margaret, it was lovely to meet you at Upton House.I think it's wonderful how so many people get to meet up because of MB's music, and like you say hopefully may see you at a venue next year.Have a review to do also, just been getting over the journey back up north 350 miles.....

Ann from Newcastle

Great to meet you, Ann, and, yes, I have made many friends from all over the world via a shared love of Michael's music. Some have come and gone, no doubt what I call 'real life' has intruded or they have been discouraged by the detractors that were common a few years ago; others have remained steadfast and still find enormous pleasure in sharing their experiences with new and old friends. And then there's Sylvia, who is of course completely bonkers, and utterly incorrigible, but we love her for her passion, dedication and willingness to keep us all informed - definitely one in a million!
Rest up, then write up. I feel really privileged to have attended that concert, it was very special, and I would love to hear your account, re-live it all over again.

Margaret in Kent.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service