Welcome to the 2018 Concert Review Thread!!  Hopefully, you will come here and post all your exciting experiences at the Michael concerts and events this coming year.  Michael will be having concerts all over the world this year, so everyone please let us know how it goes.  Include photos and all the info you feel like sharing!!  I know a lot of you are members of Facebook, Instagram and Twitter but don't forget about those of us on the forum!  Bring your fun here as well!!  Thanks, Gail

Views: 3713

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Super review with pics plus set list of Michael's show in Auckland, New Zealand which Libel Music has tweeted ....

http://libel.co.nz/home/2018/6/20/concert-review-with-photos-michae...

Sylvia   Your wee Scottish friend

Another super article/review on Michael's show in Auckland, New Zealand from Music Nation

http://musicnation.co.nz/michael-bolton-live-the-civic-theatre-auck...

Another absolutely super review with equally super pics from Michael's New Zealand show from Radio 13 NZ and have to thank husband of reviewer who shared it to my page on FB.

https://www.radio13.co.nz/articles/time-love-and-tenderness-from-mi...

Thanks for all articles Sylvia, much appreciated. Take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada :D 

Lovely set of pics of Michael on stage last night (22nd) in Sydney, Australia which come from AMNplify

https://amnplify.com.au/portfolio-items/michael-bolton-the-state-th...

Michael just posted this to his facebook:

It takes a village to craft a great show every night on tour! So grateful for all the amazing band and crew that make it possible!

Oh what a super pic but Michael's putting the weight on again - naughty boy !!! lol

Came on here to post a tweet he has put out and it is of a pic of himself and Jessica Gethin.  Here is tweet and pic ....

Symphony orchestra tour in Australia with the awesome Jessica Gethin conducting!!!

PS  As this post has worked ok will now say yesterday and day before I was attempting to put in tweet and FB post on Miscellany thread that Michael has sent from Sydney but kept getting an error message and once it went in but only in part and that was why deleted.  Also too Gail not getting one notification from site as just before coming on here was in e-mails and have nothing saying you have posted.

Article/review with pics of Michael's show in Perth, Australia on 24th June.

http://xpressmag.com.au/michael-bolton-perth-concret-hall-gets-5-10/

Here is a pic that Jessica Gethin the conductor for the tour shared of herself and Michael and super pic it is too  ....

Thanks for sharing the article Sylvia, take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada :D

Hi everyone!

Just to let you know, I will be doing a review on Michael’s symphony tour in Australia. Went to both shows at the State Theatre Sydney and the venue rocked each night! I’m still a little jet lagged so not feeling up to writing a review as of yet, but promise I’ll come back in soon and share my experience...

Ann from Newcastle 

Never in a million years did I think I’d end up going to the symphony tour shows in Sydney Australia, as many of you know my eldest daughter fell in love with the land of Oz on a holiday to Perth. November last year Beverley and her hubby emigrated and it broke my heart...but we want only the best for our children right?!?!
When MB and management announced there was going to be a tour in June down under, I thought oh my how I wish I could visit my daughter and actually get to see the shows with the orchestra. I’d never seen Michael sing his songs with an orchestra backing him, and thought it would be an amazing experience. To cut a long story short, Beverley and I started making plans re me traveling to Australia and staying with them in their apartment. I went on the ticket sites only to find the first show nearly sold out as no seats available In the stalls, but then MB magic happened and a second show was added. I got two tickets in the 4th row for the 27th and was ecstatic, am I dreaming...pinch me...we’re going to see Michael Bolton at State Theatre woohoo!! Flights then were booked, and everything started to fall right in place. Not long after I decided I’d love to get any seats I could for the first show, much to my amazement, two tickets had become available in row D 4th row...without hesitation I purchased them. My journey to Oz was daunting on my own, also with a connection flight at Dubai even though well traveled...I had to spur myself on.Two airports and 22 hours of flying I touched down in Sydney. I was overjoyed to see waiting to greet me my daughter and son-in-law, I felt mentally exhausted from the journey and different time zones and I hadn’t slept much on the planes. It was insane, as I landed at 10.05pm and I had a show to go to the following evening. Grabbed a few hours sleep and before I knew it we were on our way to the first show. Arriving at State Theatre was a great feeling and it was an absolutely beautiful venue. We got a glass of wine and then took our seats, we were centre stage and MB’s microphone was straight ahead before our eyes. It was time, the orchestra came out followed by band and backing singers. When Michael appeared on stage I remember having butterflies in my stomach because I was just so excited to be there, he opened with ‘Stand By Me’ and after the song the audience applauded and starting shouting out things to him, which he was more than happy to answer and chat. Set list was pretty much the usual, but when Sylvie made her entrance to do the duets with Michael it gave me goosebumps. What an incredible voice that lady has, thoroughly enjoyed listening to her. At the point of WAMLAW where we usually head for the stage, it just didn’t happen...everyone stayed sat in their seats. Did the Australian crowd not like dancing No it was theatre rules strictly no dancing. It never ever feels right Michael doing his finale of songs and not being allowed to the stage. On the whole I enjoyed the show and MB’s music sounded superb as the Perth Symphony Orchestra were amazing conducted by Jessica Gethin. We left straight away that night, didn’t hang around. 5 days passed and it was the 27th show 2 and the last night of this symphony tour of Australia and New Zealand. We excitedly took our seats in the theatre once again, and this time I’d decided to hand Michael some roses when I got the chance. Stand By Me cane to an end and once again the audience were yelling things out at him like “marry me Michael” “love you Michael” and he was so gracious to answer questions asked. Just as he said anything else? I walked to the stage and handed him the roses, he took them from me saying they’re beautiful, thank you and then I melted when he blew the kiss so I blew one back at him which I think he liked. I take him flowers still sometimes, because it’s a gesture to remind him how special him and his music are to us the fans. Another fantastic show, and a great time had by all. Everyone was buzzing leaving!

Read your review Ann. Loved it. I could imagine myself being there. Girl, you killed 2 birds with one stone------seeing family which is lovely and seeing Michael is awesome. Once again, honey, thanks for your review. Neat you gave him flowers at the show.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service