Well as you have seen posted in other threads, Michael is recording and working on his next CD.  I found this yesterday and thought you would enjoy.  Any findings or info you find on the new CD...please post it here..thanks!

http://www.countryweekly.com/rascal_flatts_and_michael_bolton/news/... - The story below...click on the link for a picture:

New Country Mashup: Rascal Flatts?

published: March 1, 2011   |   author: Brad Schmitt

You know the Rascal Flatts boys have been collaborating with Justin Beiber.

Now it seems the mega-country group is going with, uh, the opposite demographic.

Jay DeMarcus of Rascal Flatts put up a picture of his group with Michael Bolton.

Jay tweets that they’re all writing a new song for Michael’s new album.

Won’t Justin be jealous?

Views: 7617

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks Gail, it's great he's doing all this! Appreciate your help with keeping everyone here in the loop!!

Robin in MD :)

It's all good everyone. Though I'm unable to hear this video. I keep in mind it's like the pictures I can't see. I keep the serenity prayer in mind, then I won't get upset over things I can't change.

Boltonnut from L. A. CA

Thanks Sylvia. I'm oh! so! fat! ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Boltonnut from L. A. CA USA

Hi Robin CA,

Oh yeah, Miss Rolly Polly - I think not and KNOW NOT - I've told you already, I look straight ahead, I can still SEE that picture as clear as a bell !!  :)

Sylvia   Your wee Scottish friend.

Here is a new article on the colaboration with Rascal Flatts:

RASCAL FLATTS WRITE, RECORD WITH MICHAEL BOLTON

Mar 25 |02:30 AM

First Justin Bieber, now Michael Bolton! Rascal Flatts have been tapped to collaborate with the crooner on his upcoming duets project. The trio and Michael have producer Dann Huff in common, so they recently got together to write and record. Joe Don Rooney tells us: "He asked us to work with him, and what I do like about Michael is he wanted to write something. I thought that was cool. It wasn't something we were gonna cut that was an old song of his, which we'd have done. It'd been fun, been great, but he wanted to write something with us and like get in there and get part of Rascal Flatts and get us all involved to make this thing really new and fresh and all of us, you know, and so it was cool! We got at Jay's house a few nights ago and got together and just wrote a killer song. It just turned out great!"

The song is called "Love Is Everything," and according to Joe Don, Jay DeMarcus and Gary LeVox, Michael is still an impressive talent. " (Joe Don) He's like one of the greatest singers on the planet, and he and Gary sound so good together and so cool -- so soulful. (Jay) He sings his butt off! That's what's amazing. He still hits all those notes. I mean, it's really, really great! (Gary) I cried through the whole writing session. I'm just gonna be honest. I did."

Seal is another artist reportedly working with Michael on the duets album.

No release date or album title have yet been announced.

In the meantime, Rascal Flatts continue to climb the charts with "I Won't Let Go."

The group recently announced their upcoming Flatts Fest summer tour with special guests Sara Evans, Easton Corbin and Justin Moore. The tour is currently slated to run through September with approximately 24 shows beginning on June 18th in Bristow, Virginia.

AUDIO: RASCAL FLATTS ON MICHAEL BOLTON STILL BEING A GREAT SINGER
AUDIO: RASCAL FLATTS' JOE DON ROONEY ON WRITING SONG WITH MICHAEL BOLTON

http://www.kikn.com/music/music-news/30602-rascal-flatts-write-reco...

Thank you so much Gail!!

Warm greetings,

Nicolette from Holland.

Thanks so much Gail.

Really exciting stuff, I can't wait to hear this song in particular and look forward to hearing all of the new cd.

Love Deb :) xx

Thanks Gail, I am so excited about this song and the new CD in general too! FUN TIMES COMING!!

Robin in Maryland :)

Not sure I like the sentance

" No release date or album title have yet been announced." Ha Ha!!

Perhaps Michael could ask us for suggestions for his new album title?

Thank you for an excellant article Gail.

Love Jennifer XX

It's still a work in progress so they probably are not ready yet to announce anything...it will come in due time!

Was a great article..

Robin in MD :)

Hi Gail,

Thanks for finding and putting article in here - lovely to read any wee snippets of information and I should think not always easy to give an album an appropriate title until it is completed and you get the feel for what the entire work is saying but, at least, it looks as though a new one will be in our hands before autumn comes along - I am happy with that  !!! :)

Sylvia.   Your wee Scottish friend.

Before automn now? Now May? Shucks but I do understand.

boltonnut from L. A. CA

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service