Well as you have seen posted in other threads, Michael is recording and working on his next CD.  I found this yesterday and thought you would enjoy.  Any findings or info you find on the new CD...please post it here..thanks!

http://www.countryweekly.com/rascal_flatts_and_michael_bolton/news/... - The story below...click on the link for a picture:

New Country Mashup: Rascal Flatts?

published: March 1, 2011   |   author: Brad Schmitt

You know the Rascal Flatts boys have been collaborating with Justin Beiber.

Now it seems the mega-country group is going with, uh, the opposite demographic.

Jay DeMarcus of Rascal Flatts put up a picture of his group with Michael Bolton.

Jay tweets that they’re all writing a new song for Michael’s new album.

Won’t Justin be jealous?

Views: 7617

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Sylvie,

I put in a reply about an hour ago - don't know where it has gone - gremlins still in my laptop - will try again.............  You are not called Sylvie the Solver for nothing - we have got 007's little sister on the job !! :)   Do you think we should starting guessing what could come next - I thought of "Murder My Heart" with Lady GaGa and why I came back in here just now was to say I had thought of another two....how is about something from "Phantom of the Opera!" with Elaine Paige or Susan Boyle and then, for another new song, what about something written with Orrin and performed as a duet with him too !!!!! :)  Now I am talking !!!!!!!!!!  lol.

Away back out into my garden - am moving shrubs around - digging holes and nearly fell in the last hole I dug that is why I decided on a wee, wee break - thought I had better.....to "pot" with a song called Sylvia here is a new plant called...................... !!!! LOL.

Sylvia.   Your wee Scottish friend.

Hi Sylvia, I have to say that I started wondering what song Michael could do with whom, after I formed my theory, which I’ve further developed: they’re all gems he wrote! I wondered which gem he’d pick from “The hunger”, “Greatest hits”, “All that matters”, OAWLY etc. I would hope that if he’d sing anything from the Phantom, that he’d include it in a Broadway album. As far as “Murder my heart”, he’s already singing it with Gaga, so what more do you want? Lol I think you know that it would mean the world to me if Michael sang with Orrin: now I’m thinking maybe “Please come home” since he wrote it. And what do you think he could sing with Seal? "Love is the power" maybe? Well, something soulful, that’s for sure… June seemslike lightyears away… Now Sylvia, maybe you should wear a harness tied to your front door to go gardening! Well, either that or snowshoes… :D Hmm, a plant named Sylvia? I’ve never seen a plant that looks like a maze… sounds pretty! :D Take care silly girl and give a little thought to my theory. Well, talk to you later sweetie. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

Michael&Seal doing a duet. Awesome. That would be cool. I still say Michael&Orrin sounds good to me.

Boltonnut from L. A. CA

Hi Sylvie,

First things first, has it been announced that Michael is doing "Murder My Heart" with Lady Gaga - have I missed something again or is it just 59 (still) going on 6 !!!! :)  

You've never seen a plant called "Sylvia" - that is a shame for it is truly a beautiful plant and it is one of those that has no beginning and no end, just like a maze, the only real difference is it just sort of hangs suspended in mid-air and hopes someone will take pity on it and bring it back down to earth once in a while !!! :)

Hi Sylvia, well first, technically, Lady Gaga sings backups on "Murder my heart". I know that's not quite a harmonizing duet, but they do sing together. Although  I think Gail told me Gaga wasn't creditted in the liner notes. And yes, I did access Eva's video. Should I have transfered that one too? It sounded like it was just a bit more of the same to me, but I wasn't thinking visually... I transfered the other one because it belongs with the CD info. Take care sweetie. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

Hi Sylvie,

Video slightly different in that you actually see Michael up close being interviewed - it is almost at the end - and you also see more of them singing on stage and Michael has his phone out and he is taking pictures - he takes of one Helene and he also bends into towards her and snaps one of both of them - don't know what the blazes they came out like but he was having fun....it is a video promoting Helene because she is in it the most and getting talked about the most but you do see Michael more than in the other one - although, as I say, only for a short while......sounds as if it won't be too long before we will be hearing the WHOLE thing - maybe he is still going for May, as originally, although started to say June, just in case !!

Somebody mentioned something about Lady Gaga on "Murder My Heart" but as I couldn't see any credit to her, thought for once, I'd keep quiet !!! LOL.............Thanks for info. (007's little sister) Sylvie the Solver !!!!  LOL.

Hmm. A duet with Orin. That would be awesome.

Boltonnut from L. A. CA

Hi everyone,  this is a report on Helene Fischer in Germany and it’s pretty much all in German, but you can hear a clip of her duet with Michael, enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48sAydzLCzw

Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

Thanks Sylvie, This is going to be amazing on MB's new album I think!! WOW!! She reminds me of Celine Dion in the range of her voice. There was another youtube someone put up that she did Power of Love and it was like hearing Celine!  Great mix of her voice and Michael's I think

Wow,

Robin in Maryland :)

I love her range. She sings within mine. She has a low singing voice but can sing high. She's all right. I like her.

also, when I hear folks speaking German, I think of my dad&grandmom. Wow!

Boltonnut from L. A. CA

Hi Sylvie,

Thanks for posting this link over here - Christine posted it in another thread - it is great we have Michael and Helene everywhere  !!!!! LOL

Have you been able to access the new link Eva M has put in of the interview with Michael ??  It is pretty good and he looks happy and relaxed and mucking about taking pictures while they are singing !! :)

Sylvia.  Your wee Scottish friend.

Hi all,

Not sure if anyone's seen this yet or if it's posted somewhere else on the site.  Sorry if it's old news.

But I love what they say about Michael!!

Joy

xx :) xx

from the Jersey Shore

Rascal Flatts Record New Song ‘Love Is Everything’ With Michael Bolton

Rascal Flatts Michael BoltonEthan Miller / Andreas Rentz, Getty Images

Michael Bolton has enlisted Rascal Flatts to sing on his upcoming duets album. The Flatts, who just got done recording it, are thrilled with how the song — titled ‘Love Is Everything’ — turned out. Bassist Joe Don Rooney, possibly a little starstruck, reveals, “He asked us to work with him.”

The guys were prepared to sing one of Bolton’s many hits, and they had no problem with that — but the pop singer had something else in mind. Rooney says, “He wanted to write something and get us all involved and make this thing really new and fresh.”

“We got together and just wrote a killer song,” Rooney goes on to say. “It just turned out great, so it’s wonderful. It’s called ‘Love is Everything.’ It’s like, Micheal Bolton … come on. It’s like one of the greatest singers on the planet, you know, and he and Gary sound so good together.”

Jay DeMarcus adds, “He still sings his butt off. That’s what’s amazing. He still hits all those notes. I mean, it’s really, really, great!” Rooney laughs and says, “I cried through the whole writing session.”

The trio’s summer Flatts Fest Tour kicks off on June 18 in Bristow, Va., featuring Easton Corbin, Sara Evans and Justin Moore.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service