Well as you have seen posted in other threads, Michael is recording and working on his next CD.  I found this yesterday and thought you would enjoy.  Any findings or info you find on the new CD...please post it here..thanks!

http://www.countryweekly.com/rascal_flatts_and_michael_bolton/news/... - The story below...click on the link for a picture:

New Country Mashup: Rascal Flatts?

published: March 1, 2011   |   author: Brad Schmitt

You know the Rascal Flatts boys have been collaborating with Justin Beiber.

Now it seems the mega-country group is going with, uh, the opposite demographic.

Jay DeMarcus of Rascal Flatts put up a picture of his group with Michael Bolton.

Jay tweets that they’re all writing a new song for Michael’s new album.

Won’t Justin be jealous?

Views: 7617

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I do not believe it is a Michael Bolton Store where we will be able to purchase merchandise ....I believe it is something Sony have created in order to get receipts out to people for the purchase of the CD "bundle"  because it is Sony who are doing the pre-purchase/order - it is not Michael Bolton - it is a way in which the record company can gauge his popularity !    Again, I could be totally and utterly wrong - I hope I am, but .................... !!! :)

Sylvia.   Your wee Scottish friend.

I thought Michael didn't have anything to do with Sony any more. Isn't he on that Universal records or something like that from the UK or is this new CD on Sony or what? Heck, what do I know? :))))) boltonnut from L. A. CA

Well if that is the case Sylvia, then that stinks!!  Michael should have a real store here on his site where the fans can purchase items, in case they can't get to the concerts.  I just bought a Manilow shirt from Barry's site last week, and it has written on it "Manilow Paris Las Vegas" in rhinestones and I love it!!!  I have purchased many other items as well over the years from there, even Elton's site has a store...among other artists too.  Makes no sense that the Bolton fans don't have that privledge to buy merchandise from his site!!  I though my glasses where playing tricks on me again when I saw the ad to buy the CD and T-shirt...what a great surprise that was!!!  I'm hoping for more surprises, but guess we have to wait and see!!  :)

Helena....wee Brooklyn friend...xx....

I do not know for certain if what I have said is correct - it is only my take on it because of what was written on the receipts.....firstly on the Michael Bolton Store receipt it shows as a heading Michael Bolton Store Customer Service but the e-mail address is a no reply address and it also states on it that it is :- "....from a notification address only cannot reply".  That is why I feel it is something Sony have set up to send out receipts from - to notify you - it is not somewhere you can access to look at goods on sale - probably if they were carrying out a pre-sale for Elton John CD's it would be from the Elton John Store as it is probably a means too of how their finance department control their records for each pre-sale they carry out ....as I say it is not from Michael Bolton it is from whoever is running the pre-sale - if I am completely wrong Michael come in and tell us !!! :)

Why too I am saying Sony is because on my PayPal receipt where my money has gone to is showing as :- myplaydirect@info.sel.sony.com  that is where I got Sony from......some of Michael's CD's have been from Universal but others have been from Columbia which Sony took over a thousand years ago but still traded under the name of Columbia but I think now they have ditched that and it is just Sony - but they own multiple companies that still trade under their original names but little Mr. Sony is the guy at the top as with a lot of business they all trade under different names but it is own company that owns them all !! :)

But please, as I say, don't take my word as gospel - for God sakes.....there is quite a good "pun" if you want one !!!! LOL.

Sylvia, If you look closely to the ad for the CD/T-shirt, it does say Sony Entertainment, so you are correct and they are handling the rights to this CD.  But it is still a start... that we were able to purchase something on Michael's site.  When I sent Michael a Christmas card last December, I did include a note telling him it would be great to sell merchandise on his site, also mentioned it to him on facebook.   I've heard in the past that Michael likes imput from his fans...so maybe he does take certain ideas seriously when fans mentioned it to him.  Thought I tried anyway, so only time will tell if a real store opens up on his site.  Let's keep hoping!!!  :)

La Tua Wee Brooklyn Amica.....Helena..xx...  

This was done for the last album..remember? A certain number of signed CDs if preordered through the site? The sales do go through Sony/Legacy. Michael's last couple of albums were handled by Universal overseas...Michael has new management and they are handling this album in the US which makes it easier for his management and for Michael. A number of the artists appearing with Michael this time are also on the Sony label...that may have something to do with it as well. So...I'm thinking the release will come in the US first this time.

The merchandise being sold right now is a special offer for this new album and Michael's biggest fans. There is a store on this site at all times but when you click on it it takes you to amazon.com to purchase his albums. There is talk in the future of selling merchandise but it would have to be all new merchandise and it takes time to set all of that up and with him touring (which concert merchandise set up by a tour merchandising compay that has a contract stating the merchandise won't be sold anywhere else) it might be a while.

Also..for those who dont' want to order the bundle from the store on this site you can order the CD from amazon.com.  The US release is June 21 and all the rest are imports of that release.  There will be releases from other countries as well.

US release: http://www.amazon.com/Gems-Duets-Collection-Michael-Bolton/dp/B004Z...

UK import: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Gems-Duets-Collection-Michael-Bolton/dp/B00...

German import: http://www.amazon.de/Gems-Duets-Collection-Michael-Bolton/dp/B004Z0...

Canada import:  http://www.amazon.ca/Gems-Duets-Collection-Michael-Bolton/dp/B004Z0...

Japan import: http://www.amazon.co.jp/Gems-Duets-Collection-Michael-Bolton/dp/B00...

French import: http://www.amazon.fr/Gems-Duets-Collection-Michael-Bolton/dp/B004Z0...

Thanks for ALL the information Gail - thank you !!!!!! :)

You are very welcome!!LOL Love your avatar! Gail

OMG Gail - I read your message and thought who is she answering that she loves their avatar - ROFL    Thanks BTW !!! LOL.

Sylvia.  Your wee Scottish friend.

Hi Gail, God bless you for all the links sweetie! I’ve checked them all out and I’m happy to know all versions are all out on the same date. The thing that puzzles me though is that they’re all listed as imports on their own site. It would make sense to me that if it’s a special version sold in those countries, that it would be made there. In Japan, it says “import from US”. Do I think too much? :D Well, anyway, I really appreciate having all the links in one place, so we can keep an eye on track listings. Thank you again so much Gail, great job as usual! Take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

They are all imports to the other countries as it's a USA release if I understand it correctly. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. I think somewhere along the way there are to be other overseas releases at a later date that we will buy as Imports to get bonus tracks not released on this USA release.  Hope that made sense!!LOL

Robin in MD :)

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service