2012 TOUR REVIEW THREAD-PLEASE SHARE YOUR 2012 MB CONCERT ADVENTURES WITH US HERE!!!!

HELLO EVERYONE, Since the 2011 Tour Review Thread is not playing nice and throwing us all back to the beginning lately, Gail asked if I would go ahead and start the 2012 thread. So here it is.. We can all share our excitement for Michael's upcoming touring and events in 2012 and chat and have fun here till the shows start in 2012.

Everyone is welcome to post and share their stories and pictures, videos from concerts and trips to see Michael do what he does best-SING!!!   Michael will be touring in 2012 starting so far with some shows the end of January.  There could be other events sooner too so if anyone attends a great Bolton event/concert, feel free to share your experience here.  I hope to have a review after the Chester, PA show on January 28th along with some other fans that have gotten tickets for that show and  the Atlantic City, NJ show on January 27th as well!  After that there are shows in Australia so far listed for 2012.  Following those shows we have the Concert for MBC and Traveler's Golf Event in June, 2012 and later on the MBC Gala in Sept.. We already have some exciting events to look forward to next year and I know there will be much more to come.

I am looking forward to another fun year of posts and sharing by the best Michael Bolton fans in the world on this forum.. I will post events to keep the thread moving along as the concerts come up as before.

Welcome everyone!!!!!

Robin in Maryland USA :)

Views: 75307

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Where's those reviews ladies? Got any tid-bits? LOL!

Mary (M&M's))!

Hey Robin R. & Kathy,

Glad we All made it back in one piece:)! LMBO:)! I can hardly wait to hear all about your Bolton Adventure!!! Who knows maybe Ashley & her Dad will indulge Us as well! I hope sooooo....I gotta know if Ashley got another one of those kisses.....I sure hope so:)! We mice did have a lot of fun as well, just thinking about it:)! Thanks everyone for making this a FUN Forum! I look forward to reading it!

Sweet Dreams:)! "While you All are Floating on that Cloud!!!

Mary (Meg's mom)!

:))))))) you little critters that were with me. :) Boltonnut from L. A. CA who loves life & Michael Bolton :)

Hi Robin R,

I am so glad to hear you had a wonderful time at the concert and have arrived home safely!

Thanks for your review, take care,

Nicolette xx

You are welcome Nicolette. the show was totally awesome. :) Boltonnut from L. A. CA who loves life & Michael Bolton :)

All right Bolton fans... here is my review..........enjoy :)

Michael Bolton Concert

Newport Beach Hyatt Hotel

Friday August 3 2012

I have been on vacation for a week now and what a way to finish my vacation with a Michael Bolton concert!!! Couldn't have been planned better...lol Bob and I arrived a couple of hours early at Newport Beach because you never know how the traffic will be on any given day and better to be early than late! The Newport Beach Hyatt is beautifully located on gentle hills and slopes surrounded by luscious golf course grounds. No Band buses since this was a local concert for most of the band :) We went and surveyed the concert stage area and my jaw dropped!!! I knew after looking at the venue online that it would be a smaller venue but this was a VERY intimate stage and seating was for about 400 people. Perfect environment to see our Michael ;)  We strolled down to our seats in second row and I was thrilled with our locale :) Just slightly left of center. I could actually almost stretch my arm from my seat and reach the stage. Necessary movement for my future plans....rule #1...Bolton fans always PLAN ahead...lol There wasn't a bad seat in the house. I also knew there would be no stage rush at this concert because I was already basically sitting on the stage!! That is a great compromise to no stage dancing and I was getting very excited....oh yes....start this concert NOW!! LOL We then strolled over to the lounge and met up with Miss Ashley and Tom. Ashley squealed one of her infamous screams of joy when we entered the lounge. She is so cute and was so excited to see us again since it has almost been a year since our Bolton Adventure in Ojai :) It was fun catching up on news with the both of them! The Twins...Carol and Connie also came through the lounge and we talked with them for a bit. I was on the look out for Little Pam who has been my concert buddy most of the time for the past 20 years. We go way back and also attend all the local tv programs that Michael appears on in L.A. I was shocked that she was running late and then later and later. In fact I told Tom I think I hear Michael Lington's sax playing???? We scurried outside and sure enough ML had started his part of the concert!!! Tom and Ashley took off to their seats and Bob and I hovered near the entrance still waiting for Pam as I had her tix and she couldn't get in without them.

Pam finally arrives and we all get to our seats. OMG....I could reach out and practically touch ML....and it will be like this when MB appears...I am in heaven!!! Someone pinch me!!! ML played beautifully and I felt like I was back at the Kenny G/Michael Bolton concert as ML also had 2 ladies who won a raffle come on stage and he serenaded them! It was very sweet and generous of him and they really appreciated that! ML also signed cd's after the concert and I sooo wanted to participate but I had other plans :) I am not good at set lists but I know ML and MB did not play Shotgun :/ Sigh! ML did play the song that he plays during Michael's intermission at Bolton concerts and he played his #1 hit in addition to songs from Pure. Do I know the titles??? No...LOL... I am sure the titles will be posted eventually :) ML had a couple of great guitar players in his band and one was a very snappy dresser...lol ML then wrapped up his beautiful music and the moment has arrived......

Michael Bolton walks onstage to thunderous applause and screams!!!! He starts with Lean on Me and I feel like this concert is going in reverse...lol First I am practically sitting onstage and then Michael starts with a song that is usually at the end. The speakers weren't sounding right and I could see Milo and his guys working like crazy to make sure Michael's great voice could be heard properly. Speakers were adjusted and now my ears are happy :))) What other surprises might pop up?? Michael has warmed up to the venue after his first song and commented how cozy the stage is. It was quite an adjustment compared to the average venue....one that I prefer!! Sign me up for more of these...lol His voice is strong and beautiful as always. Michael sings another song as he scans the audience.....and then....he gets to my seat...a big smile adorns his face and a huge smile fills mine as he points to me and I to him!!!! Oh my....I melt :)) It doesn't matter how many concerts I attend.... it still feels like my first concert. What joy!!!  All right now....time to rock out!! Another song is performed and then...here comes the blue guitar!! I cheer because that is my favorite performance of Michael's. In no time Michael was playing Sweet Home Chicago and I chair dance away as I am jolted again because that song usually comes closer to the end of the concert. Of course I have been taking photos like crazy because you KNOW only 5 will be decent. At one point Michael was moving onto to another song introduction and he sees me with my camera and says...oh..we will move on after I take this photo!!! Oh my....he is being quite the jokester tonight :) Did I remember to turn my flash back on from the Ojai concert???? NO...what is new. I only use my camera for Bolton concerts ....lol Bob says he didn't see the camera flash and then we can't see the "invisible" buttons on the camera to turn the flash back on. Geez...comedy of errors. How long have I been doing this???? The lighting wasn't really conducive to photos....and that really isn't my excuse...just the truth..lol. It is time for Kelly to come and sing with Michael. She appears to loud applause and looks beautiful in her blue gown. MB and Kelly sing The Prayer and a couple more songs. I know...can't remember which ones but you know what they are so just fill in my gaps...LOL I am here to listen :))))))  Then Michael walks off and Kelly sings the medley and you know what those songs are also ;) and I really enjoyed her take on I Found Someone. Michael returns to the stage a bit out of breath because he comments that they couldn't find his suit and the clock was ticking so I guess he had to sprint back onstage. lol  Ok...I had better make my move now to give my usual gift to Michael....the infamous LAFD item...this time a baseball hat. No one has come to the stage to give Michael a gift so of course it then falls on me to do so...LOL I quickly leave my seat and move 12 inches to my right into the aisle and another 10 inches forward...oh this is exhausting...and reach to give Michael my gift. He smiles and says...oh yes the LAFD...and starts joking about how he suggests all should be safe but if it got too hot then he...Michael... would be protected. I replied and pointed to Bob and said oh yes....you are covered...Bob has you covered and of course I will help Bob. Michael laughed again and then Bob says that I will beat him to the stage first!!! Now Michael really laughs and says he thinks all will be ok :))) Michael was bantering with others as they yelled out to him and had fun all through out the concert. He sang a couple of songs from Sinatra and Hope it's too Late, Said I Loved You But I lied, You Don't Know Me and blew the house down with Nessun Dorma. This crowd was truly surprised with Michael's range and that was delightful to see. He got 2 standing ovations...one for Nessun Dorma and one with Kelly :))) Well deserved Michael!! Time Love and Tenderness was the last song....oh this concert seemed so short since some time was shared with ML....please don't end this intimate concert....and there was no encore :/ The concert had to end at 10pm due to a sound ordinance so Michael couldn't sneak any more time in...shucks! I know he would have if he could...at least for the encore. Well...that is what the next concert is for...lol

I wait for the crowd to thin a bit so I can find Little Pam in the crowd. We find each other again and we all meet up with Tom as he wanted to meet Pam after we spent time waiting for her. I was sharing some of our Bolton stories with Ashley and Tom. As we are talking about the concert a long time fan whom I don't know walks near us. She had yelled out earlier to Michael during the concert to show him she was wearing a Bolton Bomber softball jersey. Michael smiled and said that shirt goes way back. Well... this fan stumbles head first over a speaker on the lawn that Michael's crew is putting away!!!! This fan goes flying over the speaker landing on her stomach and appeared to have slid into home!!! Her friend lands flat on her back and lays there with her arms and legs spread out like she was making snow angels in the grass!!!  At first we were very concerned and Bob being the dedicated fireman that he is....rushes over to help. Homerun hitter fan slowly sits up and can barely speak coherently and her snow angel friend isn't moving. Bob has determined he is dealing with the "too much alcohol" syndrome. Bob and Tom each take a hand of snow angel and slowly pull her to a stand as she teeters like the Leaning Tower of Pisa. She starts carrying on that someone is choking her and Bob says calm down for it is only the handle to your purse "choking" you! Her purse had fallen behind her back as if it was the purse that yanked her to the ground. Oh geez...have another damn drink will ya??? So Bob and Tom take one arm each of snow angel and homerun hitter can manage to walk alone and they walk them down the hill where they will call for a cab. Now it has become funny....but not...know what I mean?? lol  Who in the world would WANT to get drunk at a Michael Bolton concert??? That should be a crime!! lol

Now...back to the good part...lol....Ashley and Tom were kind enough to invite me to visit with them and Michael once again after the concert!! That is very sweet of them and THANK YOU two very much!!! We had a wonderful visit with Michael and even Pam was able to join us!! Michael was very sweet and generous and kind to all of us :)))

I want to take a moment to thank you Michael...AGAIN... for being so sweet to Ashley!!! She is adorable and cherishes her friendship with you. It is very heartwarming :) I also want to thank you for including Little Pam in the visit for she is having a difficult time right now and I KNOW how your time with her has brightened her spirits and lightened her load if only for a few minutes!!! You know Pam and I have been attending your concerts and tv appearances for a VERY long time and we so appreciate your talent and your kindness. Bless you Michael with continued good health and many more years to spread your generosity with sooo many fans not to mention your dear family and close friends. We ALL will keep dreamin' and believin'!!! So until the next concert.... I shall patiently wait for my next Bolton Adventure!!!!

ROCK ON MICHAEL BOLTON!!!!

Kathy and LAFD Bob                                

Hey Kathy,

What a night to remember:)! It just can't get any better than that, for sure! Thank You for telling Us this story, it is in a word "AWESOME"!!!

Glad you got to meet him afterwards, too! I think Ashley likes you being with her, too:)! Did she get that "Kiss"?

Another Great Review:)!

Now go lay around on that Cloud, you need to Rest:)! LOL!

Mary (M&M's)!

Hi Mary....yes Ashley got her kiss :) Ashley really likes Bob also...she is soooo cute!!! I am still recovering and am filled with joy once again after listening to Michael sing and then to chat with him and absorb his generosity!!! Great feeling :))))

Kathy and LAFD Bob

Super! I have no words!..................

I envy you...

:-))

Olga...it was a WONDERFUL night :) Glad you enjoyed my review!! Now we all will wait for the next one :))))) GO MICHAEL!!!

Kathy and LAFD Bob

Hey Kathy, thank you for another great review!  How lucky for you all that the venue was so small, I can only imagine what “Nessun dorma” sounded like... Don’t worry about the setlist: our Boltonnut is the expert on that and she took care of it. :D Well girl, I hate to say this but there’s something to be said about “dinosaur” cameras on which you can feel the buttons, isn’t there? Lol Sorry you don’t seem to have gotten many pics though. Oh Kathy, you’re the best for finding people cute pseudonyms! lolNice description of the drunken incident and I agree with you: I’d certainly want to be sharp at an MB concert to be able to “inhale” it properly! Lol I’m glad for you all that you had your moment with Michael and I hope for your friend Pam that her cloud will lighten her step at least for a few days. Thanks again for your review Kathy, take care sweetie. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

Sylvie, when Nessun Dorma end, oh! the tears! so close&the well let's just say, he was totally awesome on that song as usual. Boltonnut from L. A. CA who loves life&Michael Bolton :)

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service