2012 TOUR REVIEW THREAD-PLEASE SHARE YOUR 2012 MB CONCERT ADVENTURES WITH US HERE!!!!

HELLO EVERYONE, Since the 2011 Tour Review Thread is not playing nice and throwing us all back to the beginning lately, Gail asked if I would go ahead and start the 2012 thread. So here it is.. We can all share our excitement for Michael's upcoming touring and events in 2012 and chat and have fun here till the shows start in 2012.

Everyone is welcome to post and share their stories and pictures, videos from concerts and trips to see Michael do what he does best-SING!!!   Michael will be touring in 2012 starting so far with some shows the end of January.  There could be other events sooner too so if anyone attends a great Bolton event/concert, feel free to share your experience here.  I hope to have a review after the Chester, PA show on January 28th along with some other fans that have gotten tickets for that show and  the Atlantic City, NJ show on January 27th as well!  After that there are shows in Australia so far listed for 2012.  Following those shows we have the Concert for MBC and Traveler's Golf Event in June, 2012 and later on the MBC Gala in Sept.. We already have some exciting events to look forward to next year and I know there will be much more to come.

I am looking forward to another fun year of posts and sharing by the best Michael Bolton fans in the world on this forum.. I will post events to keep the thread moving along as the concerts come up as before.

Welcome everyone!!!!!

Robin in Maryland USA :)

Views: 75309

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey Zach, I hope you & Robin find each other....that would be neat, wouldn't it....for if anyone can find our Michael it's her:)! Look for a stage door & wait after the show, don't 4-get your Sharpies everyone that's going! I can't wait to hear all of your reviews & see some more pix.  Be careful & have a great night out with Michael & his band:)!

Mary (Meg's mom)!

Hi Zach and so glad to hear you got tickets.....is your Gran going with you ???? :)     Hope you have a fantastic time and that you do get to get that autograph....be thinking about you !! :)

Robin MD you know I wish you one FABULOUS concert.....have a blast and enjoy ever single moment.....have FUN !!! :)

Sylvia.    Your wee Scottish friend.

Thanks everyone for the good wishes.  I have not a clue about this venue and never know about MB's time frame after a show.  Good luck trying to get your autograph Zach! I'm just ready to sit in an audience and watch/hear him sing!!!!

Thanks again!

Robin in MD :)

No chair dancing Robin Md???? LOL

Kathy and LAFD Bob

Hey Zach, there are never any garantees to catch MB, even if you wait a good while, but sometimes it’s worth the wait. Watch for the busses and limos also and good luck to you! Oh and please come back to tell us how you enjoyed the show! Take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

Welcome Zach!!! Have a great time and I hope you get your autograph!!! Try everything to get one :)) Come back and post your review of the concert for we would love to hear all about your fun!!

Kathy and LAFD Bob

In Bethlehem...Interesting complex...saw the band come in.

Robin in MD :-)

Well Robin the concert has come and gone and I can't wait for your review!!! Sweet dreams girl!!!! lol

Kathy and LAFD Bob

Hey Kathy, sticking my nose where it doesn't belong again... ;D Zach is not new on the forum, he just doesn't post often... Take care Kathy Katch-up. Big hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada :D

thanks for the updates, Robin. Boltonnut from L. A. CA

Thanks Sylvie :) Hope he does write a review!!!

Kathy and LAFD Bob 

Bethlehem, PA concert  6/6/2012  FUN TIME!!!!

Hey all,  I am at my friend's house but wanted to post a review..We had the best time!!!!!!The show was wonderful overall. She had not been for a while and really enjoyed it all 2nd row center aisle seats were great...MB was in a fantastic mood, his voice was incredible and he'd been playing golf yesterday he said and he must have had a good round of golf!!!LOL

Was able to chat with Michael Lington before the show and asked him to sign my copy of Pure...he's so sweet, was good talking to him again..and getting a few pics..We did get too chat with Milo too, always good to see him ever so briefly and say hello..He's such a busy guy.  Saw the rest of the band come in . Drew is cute in person too!! :)

We had 2nd row left side aisle seats, wide center aisle down the middle of the venue. Flat floor and we wondered how the sound was going to be..never know when it's not a regular theatre type venue for the sound..Turned out to be great sound!! MB's voice was spot on!!!! And the band rocked it, a bit different feel with Drew on drums and we really enjoyed it!!!  Bad thing was the stage was 5 feet high.Yikes...A group of BB's I've known from going to the PA area shows over the years were all sitting in first 2 rows of our left side section. It was good seeing them again and remembering all the fun times we've all had over the years..

On weird thing also about this venue is you have to go thru the Visions Bar to get to the seats and venue itself...they put wrist bands on you if you were drinking age...I didn't care for that as it was too much traffic walking and funneling you in and out that way. It's a strange complex in some ways..  We didn't want people up and down in front of us getting drinks the whole show either and that didn't happen thankfully.

The show started about 7:15 and there was a rowdie crowd, they were chanting and clapping as it was to start at 7:00..LOL

MB started with Soul Provider and he looked down at one point and saw me on the aisle and smiled and waved, he's funny. I smiled and waved back..He never forgets the regulars in the crowd, he's so good that way...gotta love him...Later he saw my other friend and waved to her... He was chatty in general and laughing at alot of the stuff the audience was calling out to him and in a great mood.  When he said you can make all the noise you like, they sure did..Also announced we could take all the pictures we liked and joked about getting the good angles of him!!LOL

The funny part of the show was something I've never seen him do before.  Two ladies in front of us in front row had a seat empty beside them. .When MB was getting the guitar to start Sweet Home Chicage they yelled out they wanted to ask him something and it would only take a minute--he said ok, and they explained that they had been to 30 shows and the empty seat was for the one lady's sister who was to be there but had to have surgery and missed the show, would he talk to her on the phone?  He said, well you are getting me into trouble here but get her on the phone...He did ask if it was really true and they said yes, and he took the cell from them and talked to her on the phone on stage! I love that MB played along and did that.Years ago I would never have imagined him doing that! Go MB!!!!...He said his name was Michael and he was doing a show and she didn't believe it was him at first. .He said he heard she had surgery and was not able to come and asked how she was doing..Talked a few minutes more to her and said he had a show to do an he hoped she was better and said by for now..The two gals took the phone back and were beside themselves excited. I don't think they saw/heard Sweet Home Chicago!!LOL.OMG, MB said that was a first and it was so funny.....Go Michael!!!! So then he went into Sweet Home Chicago after that and really rocked it, I love when he plays guitar anyway!!!.  And the rest of the show rocked too.  

One thing that was different was he had Kelly sing a medely of songs he's written for other people later after they did the duets together.They sang Make You Feel My Love and The Prayer together. Both were just wonderful!!! Kelly's voice and MB's blend so well together.. She sang  during her solo medley of his songs he's written for other artists-We're Not Making Love Anymore, I Found Someone and Forever.  She rocked them all..OMG  The audience loved her..And you can see a great chemistry on stage between her and MB too..

MB did the shortest walk in history for WAMLAW...He didn't go down on the floor at all. He went a few feet into the right mezzanine on the upper level from the side of the stage thru the curtain there..He then went back that way..so it was a very short visit in the audience!!LOL   We did get to the stage for the last part of the show after at first being told go back to our seats by the security guys when MB was back onstage ending WAMLAW. We said to the guards MB lets us and there was a group of us on our side..Then as soon as I got back to my seat they must have gotten the word it was ok and we were allow up and the guards went away. LOL See we knew!!! LOL  We all scooted and I got my spot on the left side I like by the piano..Whew...LOL .A whole crowd was up there for the last few rocking out songs like always. It was great despite the high stage..everyone was having a blast!!! Good group of gals up there.. I had to stand on my toes the whole time with the stage so high but it was worth it..LOL During this part of the show MB held alot of hands at the stage and took a card from a friend of mine at Center Stage and some roses from a fan to the left of me..he took my hand during TLT and winked at me and then it was funny, all these other hands came up over my head after he took minelOL..I couldn't move while he touched hands with the gals reaching over me! Wish I could have gotten a pic of it!!! LOL MB was loving all the fans at the stage, he sure was rocking out the whole night. The encore was Pride in the Name of Love and Georgia..

The show lasted a full two hours..He really had the placing rocking and afterwards we heard quite a few people say how good the show was..The crowd was loud and rowdie and he was playing off that all night.

I really needed that trip yesterday and had a blast at the show. MB and his people never disappoint...He's the best!!! That's for sure.. He sure made the lady's night that he talked to on the phone and the gals in the audience she was supposed to be there with!! It made for an extra fun night for all of us there too, kinda neat sitting right behind them, they were funny. I have a few pics of him on the phone.

Bethlehem was another great time and a new experience with MB on the phone like that!!LOL Go MB!!!  I'm looking forward to CT in a few weeks to see him sing and play golf..Thanks for the great concert and memories Michael!!!!

I have some pictures I need to get organized and will post them in the gallery in the next day or so..

Robin in MD :)

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service