I wanted to start a new thread here to keep any promotional tv or other appearances for Michael new book or CD.  So far this is what I have.  They will also be listed on the main page but I will try to remember to bring them over here.  As always, check your local listings for times and stations but most will be NBC.  Times will vary:

Monday, January 28th
-Good Day NY 9:20am

WednesdayJanuary 30th 
-Today Show and performance

-Katie

Thursday, January 31st (this is actually at 12:30 a.m. EST so definitely check listings on this one)
-Jimmy Fallon 

Views: 42397

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Know a tad late but here is interview I have picked up this morning through Twitter that Michael did with David Nelson of KWQC in January on publication of his book and have to thank David for sending me link.....hope you all enjoy even though, kind of, late !!! lol.

https://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=535536166477521

Sylvia.  Your wee Scottish friend.

Many thanks Sylvia for the nice video!

I hear Michael speaking so with pleasure. Even if I do not understand everything!

Petra Christine (Germany)

Better late than never Sylvia!! Thanks!!!

Robin in MD :)

Hey Sylvia, thanks for posting, better late than never! Please thank David for us, take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie QC Canada 

Ok everyone, I am 1/2 way through my book, so I need to slow down a bit...(NOT) LOL:)! But I came across this song he mentioned "Fool's Game" and it is down right Awesome:)! I wonder how many of his songs I have in store for me that I have never heard of?

Then he mentioned that his hit song HAISTLWY was sung by Lisa Hartman (Black) in "Knot's Landing"...I gotta confess I watched every episode of that show, except for the one on 12-5-85 I went into labor, and believe it or not, when I got through it all, and I was being put into my room, I looked up at the clock in the hallway and I said to my hubby.....I missed my Knots Landing:)! He said OMG now I know you are ok...he laughed, because I had just went through a C-section, and I had a Beautiful Baby Girl...but it was not a walk in the park! I was hysterical:)! Those were the days my friends:)! Funny how he mentioned that! So I wanted to share my little story with you All! Thanks for Indulging me! He also mentioned that we could see that on You-Tube...how can I find this? Anybody know?

Michael if you read this, you are a "Hoot"....you leave no stones unturned:)!

Mary (meg's mom)!

Hi Mary, well first, I’m glad you’re enjoying the book so much! :D Second, I think you need to mosey on over to this page here:

http://www.michaelbolton.com/page/music-1

...this way, you may have a clue of how many albums you’re missing. Something tells me you might not have most of Michael’s albums pre-“Soul provider”, so you need to check out his “Michael Bolton”, “Everybody’s crazy” and possibly “The hunger” albums, aside from the Blackjack and Michael Bolotin albums from the 70’s I’ve mentioned to you before. Also, I think you had good reason to miss the episode of “Knots Landing”! :D Here you go sweetie:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLE4oR2V70s

Thanks for sharing your story girl. Sounds like you worked hard, but it was very much worth it! XD Take good care of yourself Mary and thanks again for sharing. Big hugs, sincerely, Sylvie QC Canada <3

Thank You Sylvie:)! That was like going back in time!!! That was one of my fav. shows back then! Too bad they don't rewind and play them again:)!

And I checked out that other site too, and yes I have all the stuff from "Soul Provider" on...but not the other! Gives me more to Wish for:)!

Going to try to read a few pages tonite as well!!!

Mary (meg's mom)!

Hi Mary,

Hope you are enjoying the book. There is a lot in there, some things I didn't know either. But you are right in saying he leaves no stones unturned. LOL

Kellie

Just finished cooking up a storm! Watched old VHS tape "This is Michael Bolton: @ listened to him tell his story then!!! He had that long hair:)! And after reading 1/2 of his book so far, now I listen & know more about him & understand his sacrifices...to live his Dream:)!

Mary (meg's mom)!

Mary, I wish he had gotten into the more personal (not real) personal stuff--more about his life as a child&adult--I love hearing about the music career&all but if he broke his wrist (don't want that to happen) so to speak but you know, injuries, illness&so forth that we all have. Love it reading the audio edition; his reading it to me. Woo-hoo. :)))))))))) I'm not complaining; just explaining.

Hi Robin,

I know what you are saying. I would of liked to know more different things also, like what type of woman he might be attracted to, or what fun things he did with his friends maybe, other than just the music. But in thinking about it. I'm sure he must of tried to surround himself in the circles of people who would help his career. He talked a lot about his relationship with Nic, but that only made me jealous! LOL

His story is still incredible and I think there are lessons to be learned by far, I will probably read it again to see if I may have overlooked parts of it. I am wondering if the audio edition is any different than the text?

Have a Great Night!

Kellie

Hi Kellie, I haven't read the print one, but to my knowledge, the only real difference is the addition of a shorter version of "Gotta keep dreaming", since the audio version is unabridged. However, in the print edition, you don't get Michael doing Rodney or Bob Dylan or really sweet stuff like him stammering ever so slightly as he talks about his father, as if he were telling you a story instead of just reading. You know what I mean? Personally, I love when an author reads their own book. Even if I could read the print, I would still have gotten the audio one.  As far as contents of the book, I think  it would have been nice to hear a bit more about family stuff, special memories like the softball game Michael was talking about in "This is Michael Bolton" and his dad's encouragement, or spending time with Orrin, playing guitar on the New Haven green as he mentionned in the "Centerstage" VH1 special. We have to realize there's only so much you can squeeze in a book. Then again, maybe because we all know so much about his journey, we would have loved to hear more, I don't know... In any case, it's still a great book. I'm sure Michael will have plenty more stories in his second biography: "The back 9". XD Take care Kellie. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie QC Canada :D

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service