2013 TOUR REVIEW THREAD!!!!! EVERYONE WELCOME!! COME ON IN AND JOIN THE FUN!!

Welcome everyone to the 2013 Tour Review Thread!!!!!!!  It is hard to believe another year is soon upon all of us and it should be a fantastic Michael Bolton year full of fun and adventures for Michael's fans around the world!

Feel free to post  your stories and pictures, any videos from concerts and trips to see Michael do what he does best-SING!!!   Michael will be touring in 2013 starting in Jamaica in January.  There could be other events  too so if anyone attends a great Bolton event/concert come on in and share your experience here. We also have shows scheduled in the USA for February and one is on MB’s birthday which will be extra special!! This should be a very exciting year for all of us with MB’s new book coming out as well as a new CD and possibly his TV show starting later in the year too? We never know with MB as he’s got so many things going on at once!!LOL   We can report here if there are any book signings as well if you all want to. Also, later in the year the Michael Bolton Charities will schedule their events to raise funds for the MBC.

I am looking forward to another fun year of posts and sharing great times by the best Michael Bolton fans in the world on this forum. I will post events to keep the thread moving along as the concerts come up as I have in the past. 

Again welcome everyone!!!!!

Robin in Maryland USA :)

Views: 76864

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks for posting Susan's review, Sylvie. Glad she had a great time and made it to the stage.

Hugs,

Kathy T. :-)

Hello ladies....how have you all been?? lol Just as Michael crazy as ever as I have peeked in occasionally!!! Just a little outline of my recent schedule. I attended the Jay Leno show on the 4th of Feb and then the Vegas concert on the 8th which then rolled into the book signing at the Grove on the 11th and finished with the cozy Grammy show on the 12th!!! A week of Michael Bolton was exactly what I needed!! I will start with the heart stopping Vegas concert at the Venetian........

HSN Venetian Hotel Concert

Las Vegas

Feb. 8th 2013

WOW WOW WOW is all that is really needed to be said!!! Overwhelming and stunning and star struck is another thought that comes to mind. I find it even difficult to start my review because I am still sitting in my seat chair dancing!!! There isn't a beginning nor an ending....I am simply still in the moment a week later!!! INCREDIBLE :))))))) But here goes.....

Bob and I were to be in Vegas already for Bob's birthday on the 7th so you can imagine my added joy to hear MB would also be in Vegas....LOL So we changed hotels and the rest is history. Bob and I are HUGE Motown fans!! Of course our teen love songs were My Girl for Bob and My Guy for me. I know...not very original...but good choices for a 15 and 16 year old!!! Needless to say we were sooooo excited and we couldn't wait to have the chance to see MB and Smokey Robinson on the same stage!! Too good to be true!!

Of course there was the usual chaos of picking up tix. No one at the Venetian Theatre had a clue what hotel/concert package I was talking about and the HSN Premiere package was beautiful and first class all the way....but even they gave out the wrong info. No worries...all to be expected...because true Bolton fans are always prepared ;) lol Our biggest concern was that time was ticking away and seats were being filled. We knew we had to work our magic now...LOL We finally get our tix after sprinting between the Venetian and the Palazzo towers and lots of phone calls. We freshen up in our room and head to our seats....if that is what you call them. They weren't tix...they were %#$@&!(*@!!!!! LOL  No Bolton fan would sit in these seats!!!! We look at each other and decide to pay off an usher. We now move about 8 rows closer to our goal. I look at Bob and say....no go....LOL I decide to turn on my Bolton Fan charm and plead for seats deserving of a major fan. We notice that a head usher has a handful of tix and is exchanging peoples tix!!!!! Well I do declare!!! Off I sprint to put my plan into action. Alas we get great seats smack in the middle of the lower section closest to the stage!! Slightly left that is of middle about the 8th row in a very small venue :) We moved about 25 rows....omg....never ever give up Bolton fans. You could not buy tix to this event. You were invited by the hotel via your gambling debts...I mean gambling play...;)...or buying the HSN hotel package. We settle in and laugh.......omg.....take a breath as now the concert is minutes away!!!

We are told we can sing, dance, rock out and have a good time. Like I need permission....LOL All the Motowm heavy hitters are introduced as they are seated and before the show starts and it is INCREDIBLE!!! OMG...all these infamous Motown song writers are here to support Michael Bolton!!! They are honoring him with their attendance and others with their performance with Michael. Michael and Dozier, the Holland's, Child, Riser et. al. exchanged their hellos and with each name added the enormity of the night grew!! The respect and appreciation shown to Michael grew ten fold by the time everyone was seated. You could see the awesomeness of the night in Michael's humble expression of thanks to each and every special guest attending on his behalf. MB was soaking it in and barely believing that it was actually happening to him. I was sooooo happy for him as he soooo deserved the accolades of support. To heck with that stupid lawsuit Michael mentions in his book. THIS is what Michael stands for....THIS is the reality of Motown music and its leaders....THIS is the respect MB has always had from these great song writers. WAY TO GO MICHAEL!! 

As soon as the music started and Michael started singing the magic came to life and never ended until the stage was empty! All of the performances were wonderful....Melanie Fiona, Martha Reeves, Valerie Simpson....but Michael and Smokey Robinson.....the pairing was BRILLIANT!!! I have never been so moved as to see those two singing and enjoying each others company. I even hit Bob on the leg and said...look...even MB is dancing!!!! lol Michael had a two foot shuffle working the stage as he was singing with Smokey. You could NOT avoid the magical presence in the room!!!!!!!!!!! It filled every breath everyone took in and exhaled musical joy that you understood immediately this IS A MOMENT in musical history!!! The scatting between Michael and Smokey at the end of their performance was mind boggling!! The audience went crazy!! As they exchanged each note the crowd would yell and then the two mega stars would start another series of notes and we would cheer again!!! This happened over and over and over again!! Michael and Smoky sensed the audience's appreciation and they kept giving us as good as we were giving them in return!!!That first union onstage won't happen again but I sure HOPE MB and Smokey will recreate that magic!!! More on that later ;) I knew at that moment I was very lucky to have a seat amongst so many musical history makers and watch them create pure magic and joy!!! And I was thrilled that Michael got this moment and night of recognition to add to his wonderful career!!!! Bless you Michael and you soooo deserved that night of support!!!! I could not contain myself and I chair danced ALL NIGHT!!! Apparently I really let loose when MB and Smokey were onstage for the lady next to me and her husband both hit me and said I was on tv!! Well I never skipped a beat in my chair dance routine for I couldn't be bothered during my Michael Moment of Musical Magic!!! ROFL or is it DOFL????? lol I had a super super great time that I will never forget!!! EVER!!!! Thank you Michael :))) I also want to add that Cameron, Michael L., Brian and Ryan also did a fantastic job in the band. I am sure they had a wonderful time!! 

My reviews of Leno, Grove book signing and the Grammy show will be wrapped together in a separate review.....stay tuned :))))

Kathy and LAFD Bob

THANKS A BUINCH for your exciting review Kathy. I felt this same excitement just watching it on TV and I cannot imagine the energy in that room..Glad you got the great seats in the end too!!LOL 

I'm rushing to get ready for an adventure of my own in the a.m. so I'm not ignoring you..or the site.. Hope to catch up and read the rest of your reviews soon.  Thanks for coming and and sharing this special night..I hope you are feeling better too!!

Catch your breath girl...I'm feeling your excitement all way back here!!! LOL

Robin in MD:)

OMG Kathy fantastic as usual;  it is just like reading something hot off the press for tomorrow's edition of ALL the papers;  a great review Kathy and thanks a million for, apart from so glad you did enjoy the concert as much as you did and your chair dancing too  !!! LOL   Loved too your description of how you managed to end up in the seats you did.... your Bolton Adventures outdo everyones all put together !! lol.   Thanks again Kathy and can't wait for the next instalment !!!!!! LOL.

Sylvia.   Your wee Scottish friend.

Very nice story about your unforgettable evening, you make us feel through your writing magic show, and I thank you. In France, behind our computer, we lived a sumptuous moment thanks to the talents of its fanstatiques singers. thank you again

katia

I always enjoy reading your wonderful detailed reviews!!! :-) Thank you so much dear Kathy!!

Nicolette xx

Kathy, your storytelling is a gift, thanks so much for sharing with us, that's all I can say! Looking forward to part 2, lucky you! Take care Kathy. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada :D

Wow! Kathy. What can I say. Thanks for you review. Enjoyed it imensely. Felt like I was there.

Hi Kathy and LAFD Bob,

Thanks so very much for such a detailed review, I had a feeling that was you dancing in the chair, don't know why though, we have never met. I watched the show on TV the next day as I was out that night. Wow is definately an understatement, but I don't know how else to put it. Seeing all the Motown Greats there honoring Michael was truley a night that Michael will always cherish. I think he has always dreamed of that day coming to him and when it finally did, he looked in awe of it. I could see his gratification and amazement along with the fun they where all having. So happy for you and Bob to have had the opportunity of a lifetime... to share together. Look forward to the rest of your review and thanks for sharing.

Take Care,

Kellie

Whew Kathy, what a great review...OMG..you Lucky girl, you got to go to that show aand then some:)! Bob really knows how to Spoil you:)! LMBO!  I'll bet you couldn't sleep that night without dreaming of all of it over & over again!!! I agree Michael finally got what he deserved by All of his Peers:)! I am soooo Happy for him! Smokey & Michael really did get along great..they looked to be enjoying themselves..that's for sure!

Girl how did you Not stand up, not even once! I would have been having Outburst (Screams)! Probably would have cried a few time, too!

It was a Great show that's for sure! Today a customer came in wearing a MB T-Shirt, and I was like oh so you like Michael Bolton do ya, she said Yes, and how many times she had seen him...then I told her about his Book & new CD..she said she didn't know about the Book...but she knew about the cd, because she saw the show, you were at! There I go again, promoting MB...I love it:)!

Well, I got a Big day tomorrow so I will await your next review! Keep'em coming...we live for those details:)! Thanks for sharing your adventure!

I think you could write a book as well:)!

Enjoy your stay up on that Cloud!

Mary (meg's mom)!

You go Mary promoting Michael! Keep up the good work! :D Take care sweetie. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada

Awesome Mary about the MB fan you met up with. I have to admit wearing an MB shirt today&I do a lot.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service