2013 TOUR REVIEW THREAD!!!!! EVERYONE WELCOME!! COME ON IN AND JOIN THE FUN!!

Welcome everyone to the 2013 Tour Review Thread!!!!!!!  It is hard to believe another year is soon upon all of us and it should be a fantastic Michael Bolton year full of fun and adventures for Michael's fans around the world!

Feel free to post  your stories and pictures, any videos from concerts and trips to see Michael do what he does best-SING!!!   Michael will be touring in 2013 starting in Jamaica in January.  There could be other events  too so if anyone attends a great Bolton event/concert come on in and share your experience here. We also have shows scheduled in the USA for February and one is on MB’s birthday which will be extra special!! This should be a very exciting year for all of us with MB’s new book coming out as well as a new CD and possibly his TV show starting later in the year too? We never know with MB as he’s got so many things going on at once!!LOL   We can report here if there are any book signings as well if you all want to. Also, later in the year the Michael Bolton Charities will schedule their events to raise funds for the MBC.

I am looking forward to another fun year of posts and sharing great times by the best Michael Bolton fans in the world on this forum. I will post events to keep the thread moving along as the concerts come up as I have in the past. 

Again welcome everyone!!!!!

Robin in Maryland USA :)

Views: 76864

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ok Ms. Eileen, we will be counting on another great review:)! Have a great night out with our Michael  the Band:)!

Mary (meg's mom)!

Can't wait to read reviews on tonight's show that's for sure.

Just love the CD. You know I love ALL of his CD'S but to me, the Motown CD'S the best since "Vintage" but JMO.

Greensburg, PA 2/18/2013

My friend and I just had the best time at Greensburg, PA last night for MB's concert. I loved that old theatre when I took my mom 2 years ago, the sound is fantastic and that time there were two bats flying around before the show. NO bats this time!!LOL  Michael commented on stage last night about the clear tone in the venue and he sang a note and held it to hear the echo..It was cool..LOL

We got there early and heard soundcheck outside the venue doors and had to listen to the  Motown songs being rehearsed LOL, that was fun just hearing them in rehearsal. We had a chance to speak to Milo some and he's always a nice guy and like old times talking to him...We went inside and sat down on chairs in the outer lobby and saw the merchandise table and when the fellow selling the items got there I asked if he had the new CD and yes he did and they were signed in silver sharpie..So we bought two on the spot, well then some other folks waiting were there very quickly buying them up too!!LOL They were selling MB's book and the cd's in bundles but I don't remember the price.. The books were also signed copies..

We had great seats, 2nd row center in the pit and the front row in front of us, 4 seats sat empty all night, dead center so that was perfect for us..I had no problems with anyone in front of me for pics/video.. Some nice ladies sitting around us.

Michael Lington put his pic up on twitter of the audience before the show and you can see us in the center right behind MB's monitors from the view looking on the stage..We saw them taking it so we smiled just for fun!!LOL

I don't know where to start but to say MB was so full of energy when he hit the stage. After Soul Provider he went to do the accoustical guitar set and the audience sang Happy Birthday..Just one chorus but it was very cute and sounded pretty darned good.. He got the biggest smile on his face and thanks the audience and said we are a week early and now he's going to start counting them backwards!!LOL  He said he still feels he's ten and he started playing with the guitar and making it do reflections on the walls and such and at us taking pictures..He did sing Sweet Home Chicago and rocked that blue guitar like nobody's business and did a lengthy guitar riff at the end..Whew! Everyone went wild!!!!! He also did sing Nessun Dorma and got a standing ovation. He talked alot about the different types of music he was going to perform and people yelled out Motown and he said yes some of that will be in the show later. I don't remember when but he at one point said I don't usually do this but I have all these things going on at once, and he held up his book and the CD and the GEMS CD too and said when he saw the CD, Oh look my name!!LOL He was saying how the schedule for all of it was crazy and he's getting 2 hours sleep. Someone yelled they liked him on Katie and he said yes Katie was very nice..People started talking about the TV shows he'd been on recently and he commented back..funny stuff..

One fan walked up the aisle and held up the People Magazine photo and said she's been following him since 1991 and he said he felt like The Fugitive!!LOL  And also he said what was he doing to that t-shirt??? That was a perfectly good shirt-meaning in the People Mag photo..LOL  He said then don't tell them at People I'll soon be 60LOL. She had a photo she wanted signed and he said he didn't normally do that but he did it as he said he wouldn't normally do that and she held his hand and he took a card she had.He crouched at the edge of the stage to do it and talk to her. It was very nice of him to that..The lady was beyond thrilled. I have some pics of him crouched down at the edge of the stage talking to her... Then it came time for Kelly to come sing and she is so beautiful and he then started talking about the Motown CD and all the great music on it and sang Ain't Nothin But The Real Thing and it was so full of fun and energy and Kelly brings alot to the performances..Wow........they also sang The Prayer and talked about Adele in between and later they did Ain't No Mountain High Enough and the whole place was just rocking out. OMG everyone was chair dancing and clapping and singing and the energy was incredible in the venue.  I did manage to get some video of that one and didn't move..LOL

He also sang How Am I Supposed to Live W/O You with Kelly, beautiful.....Michael Lington and the band all did a fantastic job and during the band interlude after they did ML's Roadtrip Brian and Cameron even had little solos in the mix. Really neat to see them shine too.....MB did a very short walk into the audience, from the front of the right front side orch section to that side aisle, half way back..LOL Not far..We were hoping to go to the left side of the stage as usual and it worked out well. THis venue didn't mind you going to the stage..At first not many others did and then later it was packed all way across.Once they got the idea, the ladies were rocking out at the stage!!! MB was loving it....MB was shaking hands, taking flowers as he did the hits and rocked out with all of us..He wore a blue T shirt and a vest and a scarf around his neck with nice different jeans than I'd seen before and his black tennis shoes...He did catch my hand during Time Love and Tenderness as he came down the line on our side..This was a nice venue as the stage was maybe chest high.

The funny part came when he came back for the encore and the stool was put right by us!!!! We were happy campers.. He came on stage and came over our way and people starting asking him questions..Yelling out cities to do shows in and things like that.  I said Michael I love your book and did a thumbs up. He looked down and said Hello, Oh I didn't see you there and came over and took my hand a second. He then saw my friend and briefly touched hers and said hi to her too!! :)  People were reaching out and touching hands with him and talking to him alot. Mine was just one of many he was touching as folks were reaching to him. He got to laughing and a lady reached between us and handing him a photo and it was taken when she was a little girl with him and he said this was taken some time ago. She asked if she could have a new one..He said again I don't usually do this but ok and he came over and crouched down by us and she got between us and my friend and I moved back to get out of the shot. Someone two people or so deep back took the photo..She was beyond thrilled and we all were happy for her..Then a lady in a wheelchair was brought up and we moved back for her as best we could and she had a single red rose for MB and an older tour shirt. He came to the edge of the stage and leaned down and took the rose and thanked her and said how that was an older shirt, he remembered that shirt!! She had the biggest smile on her face...It was a cool moment!!!!!!!! So then he got on his stool and said did he mention we could take all the pictures we wanted..Get him in the best light etc..LOL He must have forgotten that earlier!! Yet we were all taking pictures the entire time..LOLThen he said to Michael Lington you better start something or we will never get finished or something like that..He was laughing.  He then finished the show with Georgia.Which was beautiful as always and him sitting on that stool right in front of us always works!!LOL 

The mood was just a happy one with the band, MB and all the fans..MB was so generous and paying such attention to the fans, in between songs and such, many conversations and not the scripted all the time stuff of we have people strategically placed in the audience. He did say that but then added things on to it..LOL He tossed two guitar picks into the center section..I don't know where they went.LOL  The show was a good 2 hours..time went so fast!!!!

He personally kinda surprised me at the very end as he was taking his flowers and cards off the piano, he pointed and blew me a kiss..I will never forget that..He's so sweet!!! My friend who has done a bunch of shows with me all these years said he's never done that before has he? I said no, that was a first after all these years..LOL  That surprised me..Wow!!!!! What can I say- We just had the best time.

We did get to chat briefly with some of the band and folks on the tour which is always such fun..Such sweet people and fun to talk with. We were able to ask them to tell MB how wonderful the show was and let him know we just had a blast..

Cameron is a doll and she's such a talented gal.  Was a wonderful way to wrap up the night getting to talk to her and Milo again too and some others..Michael Lington is so sweet and kind to the fans..All the band members are great,  It's been since last June that I saw a concert so this was just the boost I needed after alot of family matters that's been going on lately. 

We had Motown tunes serenading us all the way home today..The new CD is great, just wish it had more than 10 songs. but what great 10 songs they are!! You all are going to love it that haven't gotten it yet and those going to the shows in the next two weeks-you are in for a night full of fun and extra fun music.. I am glad I have a few more to go next week as long as the weather cooperates.

One is not enough of this tour..Nope, not enough....I didn't list all the songs but they were all fabulous and he changed out the setlist to get the Motown ones in there...and we hope to hear more as the CD comes out in a week and maybe after that more will be added? We can only hope.  Did I say MB's voice is amazing right now already?Wow, he's really sounding incredible..

I did get some cute pictures and a little video this time too.Still on that cloud....I think that's the hilights as I can remember, I'm tired with lack of sleep. If I remember more I'll post a PS! LOL Hope you enjoy reading this review...It's been a while since I've had something to write about!! :):)

Robin in MD:)

Hi Robin MD.,

I have been right there with you on your cloud during and after reading your review. A beautiful MB experience and so glad you had a good time, sounds like everyone did. ENJOY and look very forward to the remainder after you rest up. Thanks for sharing.

Hugs,

Kathy T. :-)
Oh wow Robin, you gave an amazing review!!! Great seats, and I am sure your pictures will also be great. I could feel the excitement just by reading.  Now I really can't wait til East Brunswick tomorrow night!
Joy
NJ

Hey Joy,  Have a wonderful night out w/Michael, take your book & a Sharpie, hold them up....he will sign it for you this time, I promise:)! Awaiting another great review from you, too:)!

Mary (M&M's)!

Well, it's going on 1 a.m. East Coast time. Wonder how the show went tonight.

Hey Robin, wow, another epic review! I appreciate how detailed your reviews are Robin... :D Sounds like it was a perfect night for fans and sounds like Michael was feeling great too, what a night! It’s nice to hear that after this many years, Michael can still surprise you... :D Thanks for sharing Robin, take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada

Hey Robin. I loved your review. I felt like I was there. Awesome he did 2 songs from the CD& that you got a copy. I remember meeting Steve Mylo. Also, cool the hand shakes&helds. Also you got to speak with him&awesome he blew you a kiss. I'm sorry you're going through perhaps some trials & tribulations&I pray everything works out ut wow! I felt like I was there. Did you meet up with other BB'S? Cool your friend was there. Love it, girl.

Hi Robin, No one else we knew were there..There is a lady Donna that goes but I didn't talk to her..I'm sure she was there tho..It's a small town and not as many fans go to this venue..But it's got amazing sound and MB loves it there. 

Thanks, the other stuff is my inlaws and some medical stuff.. Older folks, nothing anyone else doesn't deal with, just nice to go away for a day and have fun and not think about any of it! LOL

Glad you liked the review Robin..

Robin in MD:)

Yeah, Donna was there&so was Michelle C., & Tina from PA. When's your next show?

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service