2013 TOUR REVIEW THREAD!!!!! EVERYONE WELCOME!! COME ON IN AND JOIN THE FUN!!

Welcome everyone to the 2013 Tour Review Thread!!!!!!!  It is hard to believe another year is soon upon all of us and it should be a fantastic Michael Bolton year full of fun and adventures for Michael's fans around the world!

Feel free to post  your stories and pictures, any videos from concerts and trips to see Michael do what he does best-SING!!!   Michael will be touring in 2013 starting in Jamaica in January.  There could be other events  too so if anyone attends a great Bolton event/concert come on in and share your experience here. We also have shows scheduled in the USA for February and one is on MB’s birthday which will be extra special!! This should be a very exciting year for all of us with MB’s new book coming out as well as a new CD and possibly his TV show starting later in the year too? We never know with MB as he’s got so many things going on at once!!LOL   We can report here if there are any book signings as well if you all want to. Also, later in the year the Michael Bolton Charities will schedule their events to raise funds for the MBC.

I am looking forward to another fun year of posts and sharing great times by the best Michael Bolton fans in the world on this forum. I will post events to keep the thread moving along as the concerts come up as I have in the past. 

Again welcome everyone!!!!!

Robin in Maryland USA :)

Views: 76864

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey Robin! 

What a great review!  I felt like I was there with ya (wish I had been LOL!!) He sounds like he was in really good form and more!!  Maybe all the book signings have gotten him to talk more on stage!!! Hummm....That is so cool about getting a kiss blown to ya, something to never forget!!!   Now don't know how you will top that the next upcoming concerts!!! Can't wait for my cd to arrive, I ordered it from HSN,,,so should be here shortly!!  Great ya got to talk to everyone, that is always fun....

Thanks for the review and look forward to seeing the pics!!!

Kerie

Thanks Kerie, I think the book signings did loosen him up and he was in speaker mode some!!LOL Worked for all of us in the audience..and funny MB can come out and tell jokes any time..He's a hoot!!

We were either singing along and loving music or laughing the entire night!! OMG

Robin in MD:) hoping to get some pics up tonight in the gallery!!

Hey Robin,

Another great review...thanks for sharing:)! It really sounded like you All had a great time, as usual...and most importantly Michael was having a Great time! He is such a nice guy...he never let's any of his fans down...!!!

Oh yeah, and how about that air Kiss...Awesome:)! Don't wash your cheek yet! LOL:)! Can't wait to hear more about his show coming up...so come on back and share some more of your adventures:)! Thanks Again!

Mary (meg's mom)!

Wow Robin!

Wonderful review, I got goose pimples! He blew you a KISS too!!! AWE Looking forward to your video and next review... Oh, the pics are awesome. Thanks for making me feel like I was right there too!

Kellie

Thanks Joy. We had the best
time. I hope you have a great time. Looking forward to your review!

Robin in MD :)
Thanks Kathy T. MB is the best..
Robin in MD. :)

Yeah, Joy, we're waiting for you review too. I'm glad you&others are going to some shows.

You are welcome Sylvie. I never cease to be amazed by MB..or surprised too.....LOL.

Robin in MD. :)

7 questions with Michael Bolton

Julia Hatmaker | jhatmaker@pennlive.com By Julia Hatmaker | jhatmaker@pennlive.com on February 20, 2013 at 12:04 PM

Michael BoltonView full sizeMichael Bolton will be performing at the Strand Theatre on Feb. 26, 2013.

It's not everyday that a music legend celebrates his birthday in the midstate. Such will be the case on Feb. 26, when Michael Bolton will be celebrating his 60th birthday with a crowd of fans at the Strand Theatre in York.

The multi-Grammy award winner singer will be performing classic hits including "Time, Love and Tenderness," "Georgia On My Mind," and "How Can We Be Lovers."

As he geared up for the York show, Bolton spared a few moments to reveal his thoughts on his old iconic hairstyle, share his greatest piece of wisdom and give a bit of love advice.

1. First off, happy early birthday! What made you decide to perform on the special day - surely that's a day you're allowed to take as a vacation?

Thank you!  Yes, this is a big year, birthday wise. Except for being with my girls at home, there is nothing I would rather be doing than performing (maybe playing golf…)

I have celebrated my birthday with fans and friends all over the world, on stage, and I’m always surprised by how many people know and I get gifts and shouts and singing and crazy things happen on stage.

2. Are there any special plans for your birthday? Will there be a giant cake onstage? A crowd driven "Happy Birthday" sing-a-long?

Well, there are no plans that I know of, but my band and crew will no doubt pull something off.  We celebrate one another’s birthdays on the road and I do my part to help keep the person celebrating off guard. So I’m sure some one has pay back in mind…

3. They say, as we get older, we get wiser. Would you agree with this statement? And if so, what is the best piece of wisdom you can offer our readers?

I do agree.  We get wiser and hopefully, more understanding and aware of other’s needs. 

I know that giving back by helping someone else is the most gratifying way to use your wisdom, but I would say not to give up on your dream, no matter what your age, and that a happy, successful life requires sacrifices and perseverance and focus.  You can never get complacent - that’s when you feel old.

4. What inspired you to create Michael Bolton Charities? Do you have any plans to widen the charity's focus to areas outside of Connecticut and New York? 

We formed the MBC as a way of channeling all of the requests I received by other charities and causes through one source.  It became clear that children and women at risk, who are often victims without voices, needed our help in raising awareness and enacting legislation to protect them and give them the opportunity to experience the very basic rights of freedom and happiness.  The MBC evolved quickly in this direction, but we are always expanding.  We currently have national partnerships and projects and partner internationally as well.

5. Is there a new album in the works? If so - do you plan on incorporating hip-hop elements a la "Jack Sparrow"?

I always have new projects I am working on: CDs, books, Broadway musicals, film and screenplays.  Some of my previous music has incorporated hip hop artists and influence, but full on rapping… well, I can’t rule anything out now that I have worked with The Lonely Island Guys. We’ll have to see…

6. Do you ever find yourself missing the long flowing locks of the 90s? Or is that a haircut that makes you cringe today?

I do miss those days, sometimes.  But I don’t cringe when I look back at that look, that hair, because it a huge was part of my 20 plus years of “overnight success” and who I was as an individual and as an artist.   

7. Can one be a lover, if one cannot be a friend?

No. I am a hopeless romantic and I truly believe that true love cannot exist without a strong base of friendship and understanding. Those are the qualities that keep people together for a long time. 

Thanks for that great interview Gail and maybe, just maybe, he will get a few surprises on 26th and not just from his band and crew either !! lol.

Sylvia.  Your wee Scottish friend.

Thanks for the article Gail, much appreciated, take care sweetie. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada

Thank you for this great article, Gail, it allows me to discover more him.I wish him his birthday is filled with wonderful surprises!!!

katia

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service