Unfortunately this very sad news has just been published.....let's all say a little prayer ........

"London’s Central Hall in Westminster saw the world premiere of a new symphonic work, ‘The Titanic Requiem’ tonight (April 10). The piece, which features the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra, was written to commemorate the 100th anniversary of the sinking of the famous ship on April 15, 1912. However, one of the composers of the piece, Robin Gibb of the Bee Gees, was unable to attend due to his deteriorating health.

The 62-year old singer, who wrote the piece with his son Robin-John, was hospitalized on March 25 due to an twisted bowel and has remained in the private clinic since. Gibb and his twin brother Maurice, were born with the intestinal issue known as volvulus. Maurice passed away in 2003 from complications resulting from the condition.

On Sunday (April 8), it was reported that Barry Gibb flew from his home in Tennessee to London to be at his brother’s side. Barry’s son Stephen also flew from Miami. British tabloids are quoting an unnamed family friend, who says that Robin has possibly contracted pneumonia and that his condition is getting worse.

This sad news comes a little more than a month after Gibb announced that he was in remission from liver cancer. Gibb was diagnosed with the disease in the fall of 2011."

Views: 1739

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Everyone. Where there's life, there's hope. Praise the Lord, I understand Robin Gibb has regained consciousness again. Just thought I'd leteveryone know. Keep positive. I'm doing so. Boltonnut from L. A. CA USA 

Hey girl, that's exactly what I said! I'd heard on Wednesday that he had been responding to music: Barry was singing to him and on Thursday, his eyes were open, according to his wife. I heard it on E.T. Great news! Take care girl. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

I missed Dwina on E. T. though. Music & laughter, to me, are the best medicines. I swear they are. I hear he has a 2nd tumor but you can't believe everything you hear. God bless him & his family. Hope it's not the calm before the storm so to speak. Boltonnut from L. A. CA USA & I iknow yawl know that. heheheheheh

Found below report in the UK news.....reported 12 hours ago and things seem to be looking up for at least it would certainly appear he has a strong heart and a strong will to go along with so will keep hoping for the best and hey Robin even if reports are true about another tumour ....he has overcome one why not another !!

"LONDON (Reuters) - Bee Gees singer Robin Gibb has woken from a coma more than a week after he lost consciousness and has attempted to communicate with family members at his hospital bedside, the BBC reported on Saturday.

Gibb, 62, has begun to show signs of recovery and has been able to nod and communicate with his family, spokesman Doug Wright was quoted as saying by the BBC. Wright could not immediately be reached to confirm the report.

The singer contracted pneumonia and fell into a coma at a central London hospital earlier this month. He had been receiving treatment for colon and liver cancer."

Sylvia.   Your wee Scottish friend.

Thanks for the article and update Sylvia, take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada :D

Awesome. I had heard this &, as usual, Sylvia, thanks for the update. You're right. He can survive this 2nd tumor. He's a trooper. He's like me, perseveres. :D Boltonnut from L. A. CA USA

Oh! Everyone. Miracles. Sure he has a way to go but.....According to FaceBook:

STATEMENT FROM ROBIN GIBB'S DOCTORS

Robin Gibb confounds his doctors!

The remarkable Robin Gibb has confounded Dr. Andrew Thillainayagam, his
physician and gastroenterologist, Dr. Peter Harper, his medical oncologist,
Mr Roger Springall, his colorectal surgeon, and Dr. John Goldstone,
anaesthetist in charge of the intensive care team at The London Clinic, with
his indomitable fighting spirit and remarkable physical endurance.

Dr. Thillainayagam, of Imperial College Healthcare, explained:

“Despite having advanced colorectal cancer, Robin responded extremely well
to Dr. Harper’s aggressive chemotherapy treatment, but went on to need two
emergency operations in the space of two months. In the aftermath, Robin
developed the feared complication of pneumonia when he was very weak and
fighting to recover from life saving surgery for peritonitis. He failed to
respond to chest physiotherapy and intravenous antibiotics. Therefore, I had
to transfer him to intensive care for non-invasive, assisted ventilation.
Unfortunately, he continued to have worsening respiratory distress and lost
consciousness for a number of reasons. Eventually, he developed serious
respiratory failure and was unable to ventilate his lungs on his own. We had
to place him on artificial ventilation.

The prognosis was very grave, given that Robin had brain swelling from
liver failure, a severe pneumonia and a weakened immune system from
malnutrition. I have managed Robin’s series of acute medical problems very
aggressively according to his explicit wishes. However, only three days ago,
I warned Robin’s wife, Dwina, son, Robin John and brother, Barry, that I
feared the worst. We felt it was very likely that Robin would succumb to
what seemed to be insurmountable obstacles to any form of meaningful
recovery. As a team, we were all concerned that we might be approaching the
realms of futility.

It is testament to Robin’s extraordinary courage, iron will and deep
reserves of physical strength that he has overcome quite incredible odds to
get where he is now.

Robin is fully conscious, lucid and able to speak to his loved ones. He is
breathing on his own, with an oxygen mask. He is on intravenous feeding and
antibiotics. He is of course, exhausted, extremely weak and malnourished.
Our immediate goals are to ensure that Robin’s swallowing mechanism is safe
enough to allow him to eat and drink, and that he recovers enough strength
to breathe effectively, without needing high levels of oxygen by mask. When
this happens, we will be able to begin the process of nutritional and
physical rehabilitation and may be able to move him from the intensive care
unit to the ward.

Robin’s wife, Dwina and son, Robin-John, his son Spencer and daughter
Melissa have been at his bedside every day, talking to him and playing his
favourite music to him . They have been tireless in their determination
never to give up on him.

The road ahead for Robin remains uncertain but it is a privilege to look
after such an extraordinary human being”.

Switch to: Text-Only, Daily Digest • Unsubscribe • Terms of Use.

__,_._,___

Thanks for that Robin and the only thing I can is ....WOW !!!! :)

Said he had a strong heart and a strong spirit.....sounds as though that spirit is even greater than I ever thought !! :)

Sylvia.   Your wee Scottish friend.

Hey Robin, that's fantastic news, thanks for sharing the article girl! Take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

Gotta keep everyone posted. God bless him & his family & he is. :D Boltonnut from L. A. CA

Hey Robin, Thanks for that article, it seems that he is a true fighter...I just hope they can keep him from Pain! He doesn't deserve that, for he & his brothers made there Fans have healing with there Music:)! God Bless him & his Family!

Mary (Meg's mom)!

Well, Mary & everyone. I've met the Bee Gees many times & they are kind people. :D Boltonnut from L. A. CA USa who enjoys life. :D

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service