Unfortunately this very sad news has just been published.....let's all say a little prayer ........

"London’s Central Hall in Westminster saw the world premiere of a new symphonic work, ‘The Titanic Requiem’ tonight (April 10). The piece, which features the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra, was written to commemorate the 100th anniversary of the sinking of the famous ship on April 15, 1912. However, one of the composers of the piece, Robin Gibb of the Bee Gees, was unable to attend due to his deteriorating health.

The 62-year old singer, who wrote the piece with his son Robin-John, was hospitalized on March 25 due to an twisted bowel and has remained in the private clinic since. Gibb and his twin brother Maurice, were born with the intestinal issue known as volvulus. Maurice passed away in 2003 from complications resulting from the condition.

On Sunday (April 8), it was reported that Barry Gibb flew from his home in Tennessee to London to be at his brother’s side. Barry’s son Stephen also flew from Miami. British tabloids are quoting an unnamed family friend, who says that Robin has possibly contracted pneumonia and that his condition is getting worse.

This sad news comes a little more than a month after Gibb announced that he was in remission from liver cancer. Gibb was diagnosed with the disease in the fall of 2011."

Views: 1739

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi everyone. I understand Robin will be released from the hospital next week or this coming week. Prayers are answered. Thank you Lord. Boltonnut from L. A. CA

Hey Robin, thanks for the good news girl! The last my husband heard on TV, the news weren't very good so I was wondering: he'll be released but what's the prognosis? You know how it is: sometimes they release patients because there's nothing more they can do. I hope he's being released because he is much better! Take care sweetie and thanks again. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

Thanks for the news Robin and that is pretty good.....haven't heard much over here in the last few days must scout round the internet news and see what I find.....been too busy last few days over in Australia and following and reading all their news and kind of forgotten about this side of the planet !! :)   At least he has overcome one hurdle and hope he has the strength for the rest and as with all, time will tell !! :)

Sylvia.   Your wee Scottish friend.

Thanks for the good news Robin, I hope Robin Gibb will recover and be able to do all those things he is longing for.

Astrid

I heard he's being released from the hospital into rehab as he has to learn how to walk & all again. PTL. He's coming along. Where there's life, there's hope. He's been through excuse me a hell of a lot in the past year & a half. Boltonnut from L. A. CA USA

Thanks all of you. :D Boltonnut who loves life from L. A. Ca USA

Hey Robin, It's late and I just got finished watching "Idol"...and OMG, I hope someone tells the Bee Gee's, if they didn't see the show about Joshua...he sang "To Love Somebody" and he had never heard it ever before, and girl he sang the Heck out of it! Randy also mentioned that Robin had been very sick, and he would be proud of how Joshua delivered it..and he also sent a Big Shout Out to the Gibb's and there families!

Mary (Meg's mom)!

Hi girls, in case you missed Joshua performing “To love somebody” on “American Idol”:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxQtLbObMOM

I’m sorry, I couldn’t find a video with Randy’s comments though, but hope you enjoy. Thanks for the description though Mary! :D Take care and hugs to all, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

Thanks for up date Robin and I have looked through UK news and Australian news and cannot find mention of Robin......only the dramatic makes the headlines...eh....murder, rape and war make the news.....we are not interested in the GOOD.....makes you sick or at least it does me....wonder why I stopped buying newspapers a long while ago ?? LOL.

Will see AI tonight Mary and looking forward to hearing and sounds a nice touch by Randy !! :)

Sylvia.   Your wee Scottish friend.

I could not get into the youtube of Joshua sing TLS. Oh! well! Perhaps I'll check out youtube here. it said something wasn't available here in the USA but thanks Sylvie though I know it was from AI. There was a Joshua back in 2003 who sang TLS & he was awesome. Country dude. He recoreded some music CD'S as well. Boltonnut from L. A. CA USA who loves life.

Hey Robin, I'll try to find another link of Joshua's. Yes, I remember the other Josh: it was Josh Greyson, loved his voice too. Talk to you soon girl, take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

Yeah, that was his name. Josh Greyson. Thanks. Thanks when you have a chance for the new TLS. Boltonnut from L. A. CA USA who loves life.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service