Unfortunately this very sad news has just been published.....let's all say a little prayer ........

"London’s Central Hall in Westminster saw the world premiere of a new symphonic work, ‘The Titanic Requiem’ tonight (April 10). The piece, which features the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra, was written to commemorate the 100th anniversary of the sinking of the famous ship on April 15, 1912. However, one of the composers of the piece, Robin Gibb of the Bee Gees, was unable to attend due to his deteriorating health.

The 62-year old singer, who wrote the piece with his son Robin-John, was hospitalized on March 25 due to an twisted bowel and has remained in the private clinic since. Gibb and his twin brother Maurice, were born with the intestinal issue known as volvulus. Maurice passed away in 2003 from complications resulting from the condition.

On Sunday (April 8), it was reported that Barry Gibb flew from his home in Tennessee to London to be at his brother’s side. Barry’s son Stephen also flew from Miami. British tabloids are quoting an unnamed family friend, who says that Robin has possibly contracted pneumonia and that his condition is getting worse.

This sad news comes a little more than a month after Gibb announced that he was in remission from liver cancer. Gibb was diagnosed with the disease in the fall of 2011."

Views: 1739

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Folks,

I can't find any direct article about Robin but have seen a headline; Robin CA did tell me about having seen what seems to be latest news as Jude Davis has put comment against one of my posts about Robin which is what Robin CA had found and she says that it has been reported that he had a tracheotomy and is only able to communicate with his eyes and also that because he is far too weak they cannot start any chemotherapy and that the cancer has spread to other organs and at the moment he has only a 50-50 chance of survival......sorry that it is obviously not very good news BUT he is still here and if he still wants to be....who knows !!!

Sylvia.   Your wee Scottish friend.

Thanks for the update Sylvia, he certainly is a fighter! Sounds like he's gonna give it all he's got, God bless him and his family. Take care Sylvia and thanks again. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

Thanks Sylvia & Sylvie. Here I thought he was released into rehab. Apparently there's this tube in his neck. I gather it all has to do with his trachea. Wonder if he's on oxygen. They said he spoke when he woke up & now he can't speak. he sure is a trooper. Boltonnut from L. A. CA USA who loves life.

Hi Everyone, Robin passed away @ 1:46 I take it England time; 2:46 p.m. my time pacific--5:46 East coast time. I'm sure there will be news items. I'm sitting here crying my eyes out. I knew it would happen but still & to think of it. Today May 20th, 1985, I met the Bee Gees for the first time. The sad boltonnut from L. A. CA USA who loves life.

I meant to say 10:45 p.m. England time. Boltonnut who loves life. Thanks Gloria.

Hey Gloria, thanks for the article sweetie. There's also an article about Robin's top performances on that page that was interesting. Take care and thanks again. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

Oh my goodness Robin, I’m so sorry, I feel I should give you my condolences sweetie... I do know that you’ll cherish the good memories you’ve had with them and thanks to the Bee Gees. You have to remember those happy times girl. Robin fought with all he had but just think that the twins are singing together again! My heart goes out to poor Barry. You should probably watch E.T. this week. They usually drag stories for almost a week, depending on the celebrity. Well anyway, you take care of yourself girlfriend and give my best to your sister too. Big MG hugs to you, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada xxx

Thanks Sylvie. I'll check E T out. Yep. He & Maurice are now singing together. I'm sure Andy & their dad embraced him as well. :( Boltonnut from L. A. CA who loves life.

To Robin: My Meghan told me about  Robin Gibb passing away today...My prayers are with his family & you girl, I know you really loved them....hold on to those special memories you have with them, and take care of yourself!

As I said before I really loved the Bee Gee's music, and I still do!  "RIP" Robin! Where he's at there is no more pain!

Mary (Meg's mom)!

Well said Mary :  "where he's at there is no more pain!"    I hadn't heard till I came in here....I've cried a few more tears than I thought I would but at the same time, apart from a little prayer for his wife and children, my thoughts turn to Barry for I held and cried with my mum when she became the last of her siblings and we talked long into the night; I pray there is someone for Barry to talk long into the night with !

Big hugs Robin and you vent it all out on here.....you want to talk and share.....you talk and share on here....okay ???  We're listening and we're here for you !!    Big smile too coming your way for I bet when Robin met Maurice and Andy he had a huge smile on his face so try and be a little happy for him for as Mary has just said "there is no more pain !" :)

Sylvia.  Your wee Scottish friend.

I heard this morning on the news and was sad too because they were a nice memory from my teenage years.He´s in peace now.Be strong Robin R.,he´s in a better place now.Take care :(     Silvia PS

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service