American Idol 2012-2013 (Season #11 & Season #12)

AMERICAN IDOL 2012 & 2013

Welcome anyone watching Idol who would like to talk about it.

We are continuing this discussion with the current season #12

Join in!

Hi everyone,

I think enough of us are watching American Idol (AI) to make this thread worthwhile. So I am taking Sylvie from Canada's suggestion to move it from New Tour Reviews 2011 and give it it's own thread here in Off Topic. Since tonight starts the top 11 voting, it's getting interesting and a good time to start talking about it.

I have been a fan since it started 10 years ago. Hard to believe it's been on that long, not many TV shows last that long. So to anyone watching: "who is your favorite?"

Joy

from the Jersey Shore

Views: 9273

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi all,
Yes they are all so good! I would have to say my least favorite at this point is Phillip, and next Skyler. I am not saying they aren't good, just saying IMO they would be my next choice to leave. Holly is really getting amazing lately! And I still think the final two should be Jessica and Joshua. Lately I am leaning a bit more towards Joshua over Jessica.
Joy

I agree Joy that Holly is doubling down to win!! I actually think her voice is more beautiful than Jessica's at this point. She sort of reminds me of Adele in that she just stands there and performs her song with no gimmicks...just her voice. Phillip is getting old for me also. I do like Joshua though. It is almost a blessing to not be the winner anyway because those "losers" seem to be much more successful :)

Kathy and LAFD Bob

I didn't really get a shock at who got voted off

I did think it would be Holly BUT not because of your last performance but because she has taken so long to show she has such a wonderful voice, the last 3 or 4 weeks she had shone in her vocals and I believe she can be so much more powerful this young girl has only just begun!

I loved the duet with Joshua and Phillip I have to say :)

I thought Joshua version of" To love somebody" was just terrific what a performer I think he will win.

I still love little Phillip Phillips though I just feel the music when he sings he puts so much into it. Do I think he has the bsst voice on the show No but is he a great all round performer yes I think so.I actually though he would be in the bottom this week and was surprised when he wasn't :)

I knew when I started to watch this show the American people would have a hard time this season because honestly this lot of A I have been so wonderful.

No matter what or who they can all be proud of themselves

Great Show

Love Dianna xxx

Hey Dianna, I couldn't agree with you more! You said it all...I really think Holly has been holding out...so it's a tough call! But yes they All will have no problem getting someone to back them:)!

Have a Great Day!

Mary (Meg's mom)!

Phillip is still THERE !!!!!! :))))))))

Joshua....never heard the song.....knew he was singing.....why didn't he make effort to listen too.....might have sung it better than "growling" part way through....feel sorry for if he doesn't win because THOSE judges are making him more arrogant, egotistical than he ever was at beginning.....bring on Simon Cowell for a BIT of NORMAL and tell it like it is or even Michael for believe he would be honest instead of trying to win his own accolades like those three....Randy....everybody is going to win....have you forgotten at one point he thought DeAndre was going to win it and as for J-LO....she is just breathless all the time....poor girl ....Stephen is about the only one that comes close to saying something and then he shuts-up just before in case he upsets our dear little NIGEL and gets thrown off !!!!!!! LOL     Got my armour on.... just let me get the visor down before I get two black eyes......right.....ready now.....hit me   !!!!!! LOL

Sylvia.   Your wee Scottish friend......I think !!!!! LOL

Last night my hubby taped "The Voice" for me, so today as I was watching it, Christina A's guy asked her to sing a song with him, and when I heard it, I wanted to tell you All what the song was, of course it wasn't nearly as good as when our MB sings it, but they did a great job singing "The Prayer" together:)!

I just had to share that with you All:)! Have a Great Day:)!

Mary (Meg's mom)!

Got word that Elizabeth (used to play trombone for MB) will be playing tonight for Jessica and Joshua on AI tonight.

Thanks Gail! xxx

Thanks for sharing that information Gail and will look out for her when I see it tomorrow night although we are in the countdown stage to the final on Saturday of Britain's Got Talent so I will need to work out timing or else sit and dance about with the handset !!! lol

Thanks too Mary for sharing your news about The Voice.....we have our version of that on here as well just now but I haven't watched one episode of it.....I just can't keep up with all these programmes for a couple of our soaps that I generally watch have got pretty good story lines going just now so I can't miss them.....talk about square eyes again !!!! LOL.

Sylvia.  Your wee Scottish friend.

Thanks Gail for the FYI. It always nice to know what former band members are up to :)

Kathy and LAFD Bob

Hey Gail, thanks for that info...and although I do not remember her, I could tell she was hand picked from Michael, because she put Soul into each and every note she played! she Rocked It! And she also did something with Phillip Phillip's!!! I'll bet Michael even tuned in for her performance:)!

The show last night was soooo Awesome, that I am going into watch tonite's how with a one eye shut! LOL! This is intense! Joshua really outdid himself when he sang "It's a Man's world"..." I was glad to see the guy who Won(The Voice) win."..I'm catching up on all of my recorded music shows!

I'll check back here tomorrow night and see what you girls think of Idol then:)! Until then Have a Great Day, All of you:)!

Mary (Meg's mom)!

Hi Mary, I only watched part of "The voice" because Hall & Oates were there... :D I don't usually watch the show but was really glad to hear that one of Alicia Keys's backups won: I think Alicia's backups are the best! Well about A I, I think it's safe to say we all have different opinions on who we like and who gets on our nerves, especially if you check YouTube. I'll be honest girls, I liked Phillip Phillips's initial audition and maybe a song or 2 since then, but his voice is really not my type. However, I really enjoyed his version of "Volcano". Damian Rice writes beautiful songs and I love the guitar with the cello effect. As Randy says: Jessica and Joshua are in it to win it! And as Steven said: performances like that make you forget where you are! I liked Jessica's performance of the song "Steel away" though I didn't know it, but "And I'm telling you" was just perfect and out of this world! I agree with Jimmy who said that she might want to cut the growling down, but as someone who loves to sing, I understand vocally why she does it and at this point of the competition, I'm sure she wanted the extra edge. Now I know that some people are also against Joshua's screaming and think a good measure of it would be good for him too. I did notice that on both songs this week, he did soften them to sing them more in the beginning and I really loved it. Now I'm not sure if it was Ryan or someone else who compared Joshua to Fantasia. I had the same problem with her: I liked her singing, but when she starts screaming, I have to switch completely off. It's not as bad with Joshua though and I love his passion and just got teary-eyed during "It's a man's world". I think Jessica and Joshua couldn't have picked better songs for their 2nd one. Well there you go Mary: miss Opinionated has spoken so feel free to disagree and opinionate back. :D Take care sweetie. Big hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada 

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service