American Idol 2012-2013 (Season #11 & Season #12)

AMERICAN IDOL 2012 & 2013

Welcome anyone watching Idol who would like to talk about it.

We are continuing this discussion with the current season #12

Join in!

Hi everyone,

I think enough of us are watching American Idol (AI) to make this thread worthwhile. So I am taking Sylvie from Canada's suggestion to move it from New Tour Reviews 2011 and give it it's own thread here in Off Topic. Since tonight starts the top 11 voting, it's getting interesting and a good time to start talking about it.

I have been a fan since it started 10 years ago. Hard to believe it's been on that long, not many TV shows last that long. So to anyone watching: "who is your favorite?"

Joy

from the Jersey Shore

Views: 8338

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks for that info. Joy .....will go and check on !!! :)   Thanks again !!! :)

Sylvia.   Your wee Scottish friend.

Hi Joy, good to read you here girl and good to hear you’re rooting for Jessica too! :D I’m not at all familiar with Lisa Marie’s singing but did listen to your link Joy: that was interesting. With a name like Presley, she has to do her own thing, because she would be criticized if she did anything remotely similar to her dad. Well anyway, thanks for sharing that Joy, take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

Hey to All of you!

I just got finished watching AI, and OMG they were both Fantastic....For all it's worth, I hope it's Phillip that Wins....I've liked him all along...but then he adds Michael's saxaphone player, and they both just really do something Special with the song "I'm Movin' out"....anf then that song he sang at the end was just Perfect:)! I really like Jessica, too..but my vote is for P. Phillip's! So who do you ALL think will Win?

Mary (Meg's mom)!

I have to agree with you Mary :) I am watching AI now and Philip just sang with John Fogerty of CCR!!! WOW....that was great. John was dressed just like Philip...all casual. I see Philip being a Boss jr. or "Fogerty like" in his career. Jessica is good but we have all seen "her" show before with Celine, Whitney et al. I still believe Philip is more original. Sooooo we shall see.....back to the show :)

Kathy and LAFD Bob

Oh my....Reba and Skylar were brilliant :)

Kathy and LAFD Bob

WOW!!! Well Kathy our guy Won it All:)! I just wish I could have watched this with my Meghan...I cried when he cried....and "Aerosmith"...

what a night to remember! I was soooo glad they sang that medley of "The Bee Gee's"....and Yes Kathy even Reba made it to the Idol...did you see Carrie Underwood? I thought for sure she would sing something! It was a great year full of great talent...Jessica will go far, with a Voice like that, she's a Powerhouse....and boy did she belt it  out on "Your gonna love me"!!! I hope I didn't Spoil It for anyone, but it''s late and I had to get this out of my system:)! I can't wait to hear what you All thought of the show...oh one more thing, Sylvia I saw your DeAndre flip his hair at 1st, did you see him...LMAO! He's such a cutie pie:)!

Mary (Meg's mom)!

SPOILER ALERT!!! TO ANYONE NOT SEEING THE FINAL IDOL SHOW!!
Well it's over and I am ok with Phillip winning, although he isn't my favorite. Yes, I agree with you all he is VERY original. Jessica is like another Whitney, but I think that's because she is so young. She needs to find herself and get more experience. And she certainly will now! She will do fine, make lots of records and do great she has an amazing voice. She does need to find her own style.
That last song Phillip did on Tues. night was amazing, so I get why you all love him. And he is a cutie! But you have to admit, Jessica's voice on I Will Always Love You and I Am Telling You I Am Not Going are unreal especially for a 16 year old.
Yes, Kathy-Skyler was great with Reba! Loved it! Very cool to see Aerosmith play again together. And Diane Degarmo and Ace Young-aaah young love! How sweet was that??? Most of it was a pretty good show.
Joy

Hi all, I just wanted to put my 2 cents in. I agree with most of what Joy said and I do think that Phillip’s song “Home” was perfectly suited for him, as opposed to the song they gave Jessica. I did enjoy Aerosmith and it was nice hearing Colton again, oh and I enjoyed the phone book song! Lol The Ace and Diana proposal was just adorable and the “And I am telling you: duet was just phenomenal! I’m sorry guys but I am very disappointed Jessica didn’t win although I know she’ll have a contract and this and that, etc, but I just had to say it. JMO BTW, I heard Phillip will be on Jay Leno tonight. Well, he’ll probably be everywhere, which is a good thing he slept a lot the night before! :D Take care and hugs to all, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

Don't faint everyone and especially you Mary.......but I was most disappointed in DeAndre especially in the Robin Gibb tribute.....he sounded as flat as a pancake or instead of going for his own style he was trying to keep with the others too much and it was all the wrong key for him....he would have been better singing a tribute on his own but I did like him with Neil Diamond and I liked Neil Diamond.....doesn't he still look good.....marriage agreeing with him and talking about marriage that proposal....I would have said yes to Ace.....what a hunk but I don't know who they are but I certainly liked that little touch in the programme !! :)   Och well, all over for another year or whenever and I would like to say thanks to everyone that has been on here for I have enjoyed coming onto this thread and sharing with you all especially as I found out that I could actually watch AI on my TV....I feel I am finally coming into this century and I maybe don't live in the sticks as much as I thought I did.....I'll be thinking I'm one of the jet set next .....imagination running riot again !!!! LOL.

See you all for the next series and thanks Joy for this thread !!!! :)

Sylvia.   Your wee Scottish friend.

Hey Everyone!

Just wanted to pass this important news on to you All for tonite....if you haven't heard of this yet, there is a New show airing 2-nite, it's called "Can You Duet"....and Meghan says they are going to be singing a song of Michael's 2-nite! FYI:)! Enjoy!!!

Mary (Meg's mom)!

My 2 cents worth

I havent watched it yet but i will probably much later

I thought Im not looking on this thread I will wait and then LOL my youngest daughter text me and said Phillip won idol

I thought woo hoo

They really are both deserving the title and it really was a hard choose

They can never be enough Whitney's Celine's etc for me I love that ort of voice and little Jessica has an amazing voice and will do great no matter what

I was backing Little Phillip because I loved his passion when he sang he felt it just as much as singing it,  I feel !

I look forward to seeing him sing with John Foggerty another favorite of mine, that I really do :)

And Reba and Skylar that should be great too

I might have a look at that new show Thanks Mary

Love Dianna xxx 

Hi all,

Yes the new show Duets or something like that is on at 8pm tonight East coast USA.  I think Kelly Clarkson is hosting it all the time, not sure.  But I love her so I will watch tonight for sure to see what it's all about.  Will report later!
Joy

Hugs from Jersey

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service