American Idol 2012-2013 (Season #11 & Season #12)

AMERICAN IDOL 2012 & 2013

Welcome anyone watching Idol who would like to talk about it.

We are continuing this discussion with the current season #12

Join in!

Hi everyone,

I think enough of us are watching American Idol (AI) to make this thread worthwhile. So I am taking Sylvie from Canada's suggestion to move it from New Tour Reviews 2011 and give it it's own thread here in Off Topic. Since tonight starts the top 11 voting, it's getting interesting and a good time to start talking about it.

I have been a fan since it started 10 years ago. Hard to believe it's been on that long, not many TV shows last that long. So to anyone watching: "who is your favorite?"

Joy

from the Jersey Shore

Views: 8338

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well I had to watch and I tell you I have tears in my eyes

A job well done to all of them but Phillip you really do deserve this

Thanks for the thread Joy and all your opinions people

I really did so enjot this season

Love Dianna xxxxxxx

Hey Dianna, Joy, and everyone else...I hope you get the chance to see him on Jay Leno 2-nite, I'd say probably in less than an hour from now! I'm getting ready for that for sure:)! Thought I'd pass that on...!!! I saw a little of "Duets" and I liked what I saw!

So for anyone of you, will you please add a Duets section, I don't know how, I'm not computer savey..LOL! Thanks!

Mary (Meg's mom)!

Doing the happy dance with Philip winning :) Jessica is great and has had loads of practice singing in a public forum since she was a little girl. I don't think Philip has performed half as much as a child as she has. I am becoming a bit biased because it seems that the contestants are becoming more and more "professional" before they appear on the show. I prefer to see and hear fairly unrehearsed talent. Not sure that will happen but my choices seem to gravitate toward those types of singers. jmo :)  And yes...the flicker was present and in full form!!! lol 

When Philip cried...oh my...I thought good boy...go to your parents!! lol  I wish him the best!!! 

I am certain Jessica already has a record deal :)

On to next season ladies!!!

Kathy and LAFD Bob 

HI ALL I AM DISAPPOINTED THAT JESSICA DID NOT WIN  I AM HAPPY FOR PHILIP  HE IS A GOOD SINGER BUT NOT AS GOOD AS JESSICA   I AM DISAPPOINTED BUT NOT AS DISAPPOINTED AS THE LITTLE GIRL IN THIS VIDEO  SHE IS SO UPSET THAT SHE WANTS TO CALL AI AND TELL THEM THEY MADE A MISTAKE  IT IS FUNNY I JUST HAD TO SHARE

http://youtu.be/o-_QGhk5lJA

THE AMERICAN IDOL LIVE TOUR 2012 BEGINS IN JULY  THEY ARE GIVING AWAY TICKETS  HERE IS THE LINK TO THE AMERICAN IDOL LIVE TOUR 2012 TICKET GIVEAWAY

http://americanidolnet.com/american-idol-2012-giveaway-win-free-ame...

GLORIA

Hi Gloria, thanks for sharing your links sweetie, wish I could participate in the giveaway! :D Take care sweetie. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

Hi Gloria!!

That video was really funny!!  Sylvie and I will join you and the little girl and fuss and whine for awhile!! 

I wanted Jessica to win all along, but I did start liking Phillip more and more as time went on.  And that song Home really is good, he wrote it.  So he is a very talented singer and writer.  Our Jessica will have a number 1 hit soon enough!

Joy

:)

Hi Joy, are you serious, Phillip wrote that song? Well no wonder it was suited for him! I still think they should have provided Jessica with a song that suited her... I have to admit, I haven't checked out Gloria's link because I've been very busy pouting in Sylvia's corner, but I'm sure the little girl voiced my feelings very eloquently... ;D I remember feeling this disappointed when Latoya London was kicked off years ago... Actually, that time, I was actually mad! lol Sometimes I think I just get too personal with these kids and I shouldn't even watch these shows... :D Thanks for accompanying me in the fussing Joy, take care. Big hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

Actually Sylvie I wish those at will would have chosen more youthful songs for Jessica. We all knew and appreciated early on what a powerful voice she had but I never really saw her personalize her voice into a contemporary, young version of whom  she really is. The same was true for Hollie. It might be because they are simply too young still but I am sure they both could have done well with a song from the likes of Carrie Underwood, Lady Gaga, Sugarland and many others. Just sayin'.... :)

Kathy and LAFD Bob

Hey Kathy, I hear what you're saying sweetie. The thing is that Jessica's style is urban/soul and she has the Beyonce vibrato: that doesn't seem to be such a hard combination to achieve, is it? Yes, Jessica is young but she has, as Randy and the judges said repetitively, her voice is so very mature, I hope the songwriters working on her album will find the right balance of youth and maturity to accomodate her style. JMO Thank you for sharing Kathy, take care. Big hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada :D

Sylvie I believe Jessica is also a smart young lady who knows the "ropes" fairly well so I am certain she will have a great career. Add to that her motivation and she will go far. I actually think the Idol show sort of "boxed" her into the singer she was on the show. All she needs to do is sing Jessica's "way" and she will do just fine :) Like Joy said...the top 10 can have GREAT careers if they want one bad enough!!! I love seeing the new upcoming singers :)))) Can't wait for next season!

Kathy and LAFD Bob

Hey Kathy, oh I’m sure Jessica will have a great career ahead of her and I’m sure she’ll slay them on tour this summer! I mean, she’s so young, she has plenty of time to find her own sound and feel completely at ease when she’ll be recording. I’m also sure we’ll see quite a few of this year’s gang on the charts. I know my sister will be buying Colton’s album. I do love the show and always buy the first CD my favourite produced... Funny enough, I didn’t watch the 1st season because people were so nutty about it, it just rubbed me the wrong way, but when I heard a performance of Kelly Clarkson singing “Natural woman”, I just felt it so strongly... She hit that note near the end and when she was done, she started laughing as if she was surprised she’d done it and I just fell in love with her and bought all her CD’s since. Ain’t life funny? I’ll be honest though: I can use a break from all the emotions, lol but I will be watching the “Duets” show because of Kelly. Thanks for sharing Kathy, take care sweetie. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

Sylvie,

Sorry about that, no I was wrong.  My boss told me Phillip wrote the song, but I looked it up online and found out he didn't.  But it certainly was perfect for him, I think it made a difference in him maybe winning.  Jessica's song was not good for her at all.  And I remember feeling the same way about Latoya, I was mad about that also!  I still watch the show, and realize it doesn't matter.  Who ever is in the top 10, if they truly are gifted they will make it with the right manager and songs.  We will be hearing a lot from our little Jessica once the Idol tour is over.

Joy XX :)

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service