American Idol 2012-2013 (Season #11 & Season #12)

AMERICAN IDOL 2012 & 2013

Welcome anyone watching Idol who would like to talk about it.

We are continuing this discussion with the current season #12

Join in!

Hi everyone,

I think enough of us are watching American Idol (AI) to make this thread worthwhile. So I am taking Sylvie from Canada's suggestion to move it from New Tour Reviews 2011 and give it it's own thread here in Off Topic. Since tonight starts the top 11 voting, it's getting interesting and a good time to start talking about it.

I have been a fan since it started 10 years ago. Hard to believe it's been on that long, not many TV shows last that long. So to anyone watching: "who is your favorite?"

Joy

from the Jersey Shore

Views: 8338

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks Joy, big hugs, sincerely, Sylvie xxx

HE DID IT - WOW, WOW, WOW.......just finished here and when those tears came.....like him a thousand times more if that is at all possible for those tears I did not expect but he was tremendous tonight....."Bad Moon Rising".....I went back in time that is for sure and I can't wait for the first album....can't wait !!! :)

Will now go and read all the comments you lot have been putting in over the last couple of days for I've been scared I would make a mistake and come in here !!! LOL.

Sylvia.  Your wee Scottish friend.

Sylvia..... Didn't you just want to hug and console Philip???? Awwwwww  I cheered him on when he went right to good ol' mom and dad :))))

Kathy and LAFD Bob

He didn't know what to do did he Kathy for just suddenly it all hit him at once and it is a wonder he didn't collapse and I did think when he eventually realized it was a lost battle and he took off his guitar I thought his legs had turned to jelly at that point and I thought somebody grab him for goodness sake, he is going, so I think he knew himself only his parents arms were going to keep him upright  !! :)

That song "Home" is just stupendous and I can hear him and Bruce singing that and I will definitely die happy if I ever hear the two of them singing "My Father's House" together....oh wow.....on the dream list !!! :)

As you say Joy he is a great singer/songwriter, there is no doubt that is his nom de plume, for earlier on in the contest he sang a song that he had written himself (can't remember name of) and Randy at that time sang his praises for being so adventurous to sing a song of his own on such a show as AI for I had liked the boy up to that point but that was when I fell in love with him....an independent strong character like that I adore just like when someone else showed his strong character and said; "kiss my ass"....I fell in love !!!!! LOL.

Sylvia.   Your wee Scottish friend.

Sylvia I was so touched by that young man and he's dream coming true, i had tears streaming down my face thinking if I were his mum I would be up there and cuddling him as soon as I knew he started crying, and I would have been crying right along with him.

I like the song very much Home!

To be truthful I didn't mind Jessica's song but then she really does have a beautiful voice and perhaps the song could have been better

but I agree she is young and needs to find her path which will be her style of singing not Whitney's, Celine's  but Jessica's.

I did have a look at "Duets" I will have another look at it but to be honest I think the audience should be doing the judging just my opinion because to be honest are the judges going to be far judging against themselves

I tell you though gee they found some talent out there that is very true :)

Anyone else have a look at the show?

Love Dianna x

Probably all the parents had been told to stay where they were or certainly given instructions for not diving on the stage Dianna for I don't believe I could have contained myself either .....I think I would have been on that stage a second after his name was announced and stuff their rules and regulations just like Pat Cash when he won Wimbledon and did that renowned climb into the box to get to his dad.....love to see emotion like that !! :)

Sylvia.  Your wee Scottish friend.

Hi everyone, for those of you who have been celebrating instead of watching TV this weekend, I just wanted to let you know that both Daughtry and my little Jessica were on the PBS Memorial concert tonight. I missed Daughtry but did catch Jessica singing "The prayer" and also "God bless America" but I think she was singing it with others. I was not near the TV when I heard it so I'll check for videos in the morning, unless someone beats me to it! :D Take care and hugs to all, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada :D

P.S.: Yes, she's "my" little Jessica... ;D

Hi Gloria, oh thank you so much sweetie, that was the next item on my “to do” list! I had missed Jessica’s “Star spangled banner” so I’m glad you found it! Thanks also for the Daughtry video, it’s much clearer than the one I’d found. Take care Gloria and thanks again. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada :D

Gloria,
Thank you so much for finding all those! I loved them. Jessica did a great National Anthem song, a very respectful rendition. I really don't like it when these singers do all the rifts and show off stuff when they sing that song. Sing it the way it was written and should be sung.
Oh, Daughtry was so good to, his concert was great that I just saw.
Joy
Hugs from Jersey

Well now after getting that sneak-peak of "Daughtry" I wish i would have got a ticket when Meghan got hers! She said she couldn't sit down:)! LOL! But I have seen him 3 times before...and I have met him a few times, I will never ever 4-get those Good-Times...once the guy at the door...took my ticket, after Chris autographed it for me, and you can only imagine what I wanted to say to him:)! But really, why did he have to do that? He is a very nice person! And genuine:)! Have a Great Day Everyone!!!

Mary (M&M's)!

Good for you Mary!!! Getting the autograph....very sweet :)))))

Kathy and LAFD Bob

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service