Hi everyone, well this is my first attempt at starting a discussion so hope I’m doing this right... :D . A couple of weeks ago, I asked Gail when she thought would be a proper time to start thinking of what we fans want to do for our Michael’s 60th birthday. She said she was out of ideas, but suggested I’d start a thread asking fans for suggestions. I figure we have exactly 4 months, starting today,  to come up with something fun and get mobilised to achieve it. I’m no organizer, I just thought we could share ideas so let’s put our heads together and see what we can come up with! :D Take care and hugs to all, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada J

*The 2 most popular suggestions so far are:

- individual donations to michaelboltoncharities.com, mentionning they are made in honor of Michael’s birthday, of any amount you feel comfortable with.

-a collective wall-hanging made from personalized fabric squares sent by fans that will be stitched together. The 4 inch/10 cm squares (with small blank margin) only need have your signature and location but can be crafty as you are able. For

more info, ask here, or PM either me, or Amie Angeli who will be doing the stitching and presenting the finished product to our Michael.

**Note: The final deadline for recieving fabric squares is February 15th, so you don't have much time left. :D

**It would also mean a lot to Michael if fans donate to the Red Cross for victims of hurricane Sandy at:

www.redcross.org/

then E-mail Gail at boltoninfo@aol.com with your name and location, so she can add  them to the MBC donors list.

**If you feel strongly about sending Michael a card or personal gift, you may send it to:

Michael Bolton

c/o Michael Bolton Charities

P.O. Box 936

Branford, CT 06405

U.S.A.

*Note that the deadline for recieving cards and presents is February 20th 2013, whether you send them to either Gail or Michael Bolton Charities.

Views: 16927

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks Amie and everyone that's giving me ideas...I may be able to get a decent one for you yet..Will give it a try and let you know...Thanks for the ideas....

Robin in MD:)

Hi Amy,

thanks for your great idea and your effort sewing all these fabrics together. I will send a piece, too. When it is finished I will ask for your address.

Best wishes from Germany

Astrid

Hey Robin,

This is what I did, my daugher has All sorts of scrapbooking stuff, so I sat down with my patch and I thought, shoot I'll just use these "peel off" letters and see what happens....and so far none of them have came off:)! LOL! I then put the square in between 2 books and let it bake so to speak:)! Well now my secret is out...all in good Fun right? I didn't use pix or anything just letters...and 60:)! Couldn't dare leave that out:)!

Have fun with your patch:)! Michael is gonna get a kick out of this..thanks to Amie's hard work!

Mary (meg's mom)!

Sounds great Mary and the peel off stuff is wonderful....no gluing, no sewing, just a thumb !!! LOL    Well done for getting it finished and a couple of days ago you wondered what you were going to do so just shows that if you sit down and think about the amount of ideas that can come to you they can even surprise you !!!! LOL.   Glued the last piece of mine on last night ....now, onto other things !!!!! LOL

Sylvia.  Your wee Scottish friend.

Hi Sylvia, I know what you mean and I don't either. It's just there for the benefit of people who will discover the thread and keeping all the info together, including now the Red Cross info. I had PM'ed the info to all my friends though.  Take care Sylvia. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

Sure. Robin in MD, we want you to be in on this neat idea. Kind hearted Sylvie's helping me with it. Boltonnut from L. A. CA who loves life & Michael Bolton :)

I wanted to let you know that I have added the information regarding the donations to the main page so those who aren't members of the forum itself but would still like to help with this part of the birthday gift can participate. I didn't add the quilt because I felt you wanted that to remain on the forum and it may be too many squares if we go public with that. Hope that was ok with everyone?

Hi Gail, I didn't read where you've posted this on the main page but that's fine with me: it's what Michael wants and if it gets more money to both MBC and the Red Cross, I'm all for it. Take care Gail and thanks for keeping us updated. :D Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada 

I think it's cool Gail.I just think this whole idea is great. Boltonnut from L. A. CA who loves life & Michael Bolton :) 

It isn't up yet, Sylvie...sorry.  Michael's staff is reading over it and will post it as soon as they get back to me.  Gail

Can I just add that I have been, as a lot of you know, putting out the message on FB, via my page MBATW, regarding the donation to MBC and think now I will add in the part about the Red Cross for Sandy !! :)

Can I take opportunity to ask on here because at the beginning of talking about the donations, I thought Andrena's part in recording donations was going to take the form of collecting names of those who had donated BUT also keeping a running total of donations received so that Michael can be given the names and also a final total donated but it would appear that all that is being mentioned now is a list of names....just wondering because for me the total donated is more important than Michael knowing I donated !!

Sylvia.   Your wee Scottish friend.

She will Sylvia, and she will have the totals from the mail and website but she is not going to give Michael a list with each individuals donation...just the total amount.

I also want to say here that after talking to MB's assistant that they wanted people who felt strongly about sending a personal gift that they were not trying to stop that...just aim more toward the donations.  If you do want to send a personal gift and/or a card (if I get any I'll forward them on as well) to the following address:

Michael Bolton
c/o Michael Bolton Charities
P.O. Box 936
Branford, CT 06405

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service