Hi everyone, well this is my first attempt at starting a discussion so hope I’m doing this right... :D . A couple of weeks ago, I asked Gail when she thought would be a proper time to start thinking of what we fans want to do for our Michael’s 60th birthday. She said she was out of ideas, but suggested I’d start a thread asking fans for suggestions. I figure we have exactly 4 months, starting today,  to come up with something fun and get mobilised to achieve it. I’m no organizer, I just thought we could share ideas so let’s put our heads together and see what we can come up with! :D Take care and hugs to all, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada J

*The 2 most popular suggestions so far are:

- individual donations to michaelboltoncharities.com, mentionning they are made in honor of Michael’s birthday, of any amount you feel comfortable with.

-a collective wall-hanging made from personalized fabric squares sent by fans that will be stitched together. The 4 inch/10 cm squares (with small blank margin) only need have your signature and location but can be crafty as you are able. For

more info, ask here, or PM either me, or Amie Angeli who will be doing the stitching and presenting the finished product to our Michael.

**Note: The final deadline for recieving fabric squares is February 15th, so you don't have much time left. :D

**It would also mean a lot to Michael if fans donate to the Red Cross for victims of hurricane Sandy at:

www.redcross.org/

then E-mail Gail at boltoninfo@aol.com with your name and location, so she can add  them to the MBC donors list.

**If you feel strongly about sending Michael a card or personal gift, you may send it to:

Michael Bolton

c/o Michael Bolton Charities

P.O. Box 936

Branford, CT 06405

U.S.A.

*Note that the deadline for recieving cards and presents is February 20th 2013, whether you send them to either Gail or Michael Bolton Charities.

Views: 16927

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey Kathy, we have to stop meeting like this! lol Just to make things simpler, All the pertinent info is in my initial post, except for Amie's address so no need to rummage through the thread. I tweek it constantly for that reason. :D Take care girl. Big hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

What a short cut Sylvie....LOL....will be sure to mail by mid - January :) Thanks for updating the original message as well! I am online catching up everywhere...emails, facebook, and the forum...lol Taking a break now :)

Kathy and LAFD Bob

Hey Sylvie,  Just wanted to say Meggy got her Square finished last night:)! She was sooo into it...I really enjoyed watching hers come to life...she put alot of TLT into it for sure! So now I need that address! I'll be mailing ours next week!

Yippee:)!

Mary (meg's mom)!

Hey Mary, glad to hear it, I've PM'ed you the address, take care sweetie. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

It is great to hear about all these squares and I do definitely get the feeling Michael's wall hanging is going to be something very, very, very special and at least for sure we all know it is going to be unique in its true sense as of; "one of a kind" just like Michael !! :)   I cannot wait to see finished article and have got to say again a huge thank you to Amie for doing what she is going to do !! :)  

I want to say on here that I do hope Michael doesn't think that we got idea of wall hanging from his latest video and that for sure he appreciates it is a wall hanging and does not put it over his favourite chair and sits on it....................................

.......................LOL     Sorry girls but first time I saw that picture that was what I thought of and just had to share and hope you just take as a little bit of "fun" for end of year as it is meant !!!!! lol.

Sylvia.   Your wee Scottish friend.

LOL That is funny Sylvia.. I got my square done yesterday and it's going out next week also. Amie please look for a padded mailer in your PO Box in the next week or so after NY's from me. I'll mail it out on Wes. from my office here in MD. Hopefully it will reach you by the weeked or early the following week..Please let me know when you receive it!

Yes thank you again Amie for putting this together for all of us!!!

Robin in MD:)

Girls, it's awesome all the hard work you're doing for the special birthday, 60th birthday quilt here. Thanks Amie, Sylvie&everyone. Boltonnut from L. A. CA who loves life & Michael Bolton :)

Happy New Year everybody!  Just a quick update.  I'll be adding a border or some such so it will all even out.  Not worried about counting squares, or advance notice or anything since I can make a few odd adjustments if number of squares coming in does not exactly work out evenly.  It will come out all right in the end!  Also, (LOL!) it will have loops or ties across the top, like I do when making French bulletin boards, to make it easy for MB to hang on a wall if he likes.  Can't imagine he would want to sit on it (thanks for the photo!).  I'll start stitching all the squares together about 1 Feb, so everybody still has at least a month to do them & stick them in the mail.  With the machine, it's not too hard or too time consuming to seam them all together.  Meanwhile, I still have to figure out what I want to do with mine (yet another LOL!).  January project.  Wishing everyone (especially Our Main Man) the Happiest New Year ever!  Cheers, Amie

Thanks for update Amie and I know exactly what you mean by loops, or the ties, across the top ......that will look beautiful and I will say it again thanks a million for doing all of this Amie and I will post mine off to you on Thursday once Post Office back after holiday.

Can I wish you and everyone else that comes on here a Happy Hogmanay for tomorrow and for sure when those bells ring out at midnight I wish you all that 2013 is going to prove to be one of the best years you have ever had !!! :)    Slainte Mhath !!! :)

Thanks Aimie :) Your plan sounds perfect! Maybe "our quilt" will become Michael's traveling blankie!!!!!! LOL Can you imagine him snoozing on the plane and "our quilt" keeping him cozy?????  Just a thought ;)

Kathy and LAFD Bob

Thanks Amie, this has been Fun...and I can hardly wait for you to be able to deliver the finished product to him:)! I really think he's gonna get a kick out of this...and it will be something he will treasure in his Golden Yrs. LOL!

Mary (meg's mom)!

Oh Mary you have got me laughing saying about MB's "Golden years"  for it made me think of a tobacco pipe, slippers and that rocking chair again and I just pictured him sitting there and here is MB dreaming about playing all day with a 3 and 1 year old and playing a round of golf in between and will wait till we see what 3rd resolution is for I am sure another one is coming and it just goes to show how the "age thing" has all changed for, 60 is definitely, the new 40  !! lol

Adore picture your description conjours up Kathy .....yeah all cuddled up with MB !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service