Hi everyone, well this is my first attempt at starting a discussion so hope I’m doing this right... :D . A couple of weeks ago, I asked Gail when she thought would be a proper time to start thinking of what we fans want to do for our Michael’s 60th birthday. She said she was out of ideas, but suggested I’d start a thread asking fans for suggestions. I figure we have exactly 4 months, starting today,  to come up with something fun and get mobilised to achieve it. I’m no organizer, I just thought we could share ideas so let’s put our heads together and see what we can come up with! :D Take care and hugs to all, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada J

*The 2 most popular suggestions so far are:

- individual donations to michaelboltoncharities.com, mentionning they are made in honor of Michael’s birthday, of any amount you feel comfortable with.

-a collective wall-hanging made from personalized fabric squares sent by fans that will be stitched together. The 4 inch/10 cm squares (with small blank margin) only need have your signature and location but can be crafty as you are able. For

more info, ask here, or PM either me, or Amie Angeli who will be doing the stitching and presenting the finished product to our Michael.

**Note: The final deadline for recieving fabric squares is February 15th, so you don't have much time left. :D

**It would also mean a lot to Michael if fans donate to the Red Cross for victims of hurricane Sandy at:

www.redcross.org/

then E-mail Gail at boltoninfo@aol.com with your name and location, so she can add  them to the MBC donors list.

**If you feel strongly about sending Michael a card or personal gift, you may send it to:

Michael Bolton

c/o Michael Bolton Charities

P.O. Box 936

Branford, CT 06405

U.S.A.

*Note that the deadline for recieving cards and presents is February 20th 2013, whether you send them to either Gail or Michael Bolton Charities.

Views: 16927

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I just think this wall hanging that everyone participated in is awesome. Wow! Can't wait to find out Michael's view&to know about his taking pictures. Awesome.

Hey Robin, I'm with you..I can't wait to hear what he has to say about this Special gift from his Fans from All around the World! Hopefully Soon, he will let Us all know he has recieved it:)!

Mary (M&M's)!

Michael, where are you, we have to know how much you loved this quilt:)!

Mary (M&M's)!

Hey Mary, Michael is either still in Portugal or on his way to the U.K.. Check the main page for a blog about a web chat next week and you can ask him about his present! lol Take care sweetie and goodnight. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada

He is still in Portugal for it is today that the naming of the cruise ships takes place so assume he will fly into the UK, either later today or tomorrow when he has his breakfast show between 6 - 9 on Sunday morning here and Mary if you haven't seen the picture MB has sent of himself in Portugal you are missing something for it is one of the best pictures of MB so far.....it is stunning and it is all over the forum for it is in a blog, on Promotions thread, on Miscellany thread and on photo thread for that is how good it is and Sylvie and Robin hope okay if I put a little description of it in here for you and basically it is only a view of rolling hills in the Douro Valley in Portugal with the Douro River running along beside and Michael, but it is the positioning of MB that makes it fantastic, for he is obviously standing on the other side of the Douro River on a hilltop and he is to the left in the picture and he is standing looking to his right as though he is taking in the panoramic view and the expression on his face is as though he is savouring and taking in every inch of what his eyes can see and it is almost as though he is in relief for the river below and the hills on other side then come into your vision because it is MB who stands out and of course there is plenty of blue sky with little whisps of white cloud drifting by and it is gorgeous !!! :)    Totally off topic but it is just as well MB isn't coming to Scotland for over in east coast and central they have had snow last few days and then clearing away and yesterday it was supposed to be all over Scotland but there was nothing here in fact sun was out quite a bit .....this morning.....we have at least a foot and it is still blowing a blizzard; OMG you should see it and trouble is I need to go out to get a prescription so it will be nanook of the north and shanks's pony.....wish me luck and if I am not back on here by tonight send out a search party !!!!!!!!! LOL.

Sylvia.  Your wee Scottish friend.

Hey Sylvia, thanks for the description: they're always welcome! Sorry to hear the storm has reached you already: they're still picking our last one up here. Just remember to take some flairs with you! :D Take care sweetie, good luck with your trek and have a great weekend watching TV! :D Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada

Hi Mary,

Do we know if Michael has even seen this wallhanging yet? I was wondering if his Daughter might have sent a pic of it to him??? Looks like he will be busy writing in LA for a while. Anxious to see his response is all.

Have a Great Easter!

Kellie

Hi Kellie, I was discussing this with a friend recently and to our knowledge, Michael hasn't really been home to see it. I mean, we got 2 "thank you" video messages from him, so what do we want? XD I do think that a lot of us want him to actually see the amount of work we all did, because we all put a little bit of ourselves in our square. To be honest sweetie, the way Michael is going, I think that if he checks his appointment book right now, he might be able to pencil in seeing it for his next birthday! lol I agree it would be gratifying to know he's actually seen it, but heaven knows when that'll happen, so I think we should all be better off being proud that we gave him our all. :D Take care Kellie. Big hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada

P.S.: You have a great Easter too Kellie! :D

Hey Kellie, Here's hoping he will at least tell our Gail when he gets to see it:)! So much Love went into this...I'm sure he will be overwhelmed:)!

Mary (meg's mom)!

Hope all had a good Easter. Just another day for me & plus was ill but what the heck. Michael has to have an appointment to stay home, ya think? :))))))) whew. He makes me tired&I do have a lot of energy.

Amie!!!!!!! Sorry so much for the delay!!!!! What a fantastic job!!!! The result is beautiful, and most of all, a thing made with love!! Thanks so much!!!!!!

Pilar

PS: My little piece looks beautiful among others!!!! =)

Yes, Pilar, yours does look good!  Very simple, & very nice piece.  I was glad to do it on behalf of everyone for Michael.  Just hope he likes the result as much as we do, but I think he will greatly appreciate that so many people in so many places wanted to give him "a piece of themselves," so to speak.  Cheers, Amie

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service