Hi everyone, well this is my first attempt at starting a discussion so hope I’m doing this right... :D . A couple of weeks ago, I asked Gail when she thought would be a proper time to start thinking of what we fans want to do for our Michael’s 60th birthday. She said she was out of ideas, but suggested I’d start a thread asking fans for suggestions. I figure we have exactly 4 months, starting today,  to come up with something fun and get mobilised to achieve it. I’m no organizer, I just thought we could share ideas so let’s put our heads together and see what we can come up with! :D Take care and hugs to all, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada J

*The 2 most popular suggestions so far are:

- individual donations to michaelboltoncharities.com, mentionning they are made in honor of Michael’s birthday, of any amount you feel comfortable with.

-a collective wall-hanging made from personalized fabric squares sent by fans that will be stitched together. The 4 inch/10 cm squares (with small blank margin) only need have your signature and location but can be crafty as you are able. For

more info, ask here, or PM either me, or Amie Angeli who will be doing the stitching and presenting the finished product to our Michael.

**Note: The final deadline for recieving fabric squares is February 15th, so you don't have much time left. :D

**It would also mean a lot to Michael if fans donate to the Red Cross for victims of hurricane Sandy at:

www.redcross.org/

then E-mail Gail at boltoninfo@aol.com with your name and location, so she can add  them to the MBC donors list.

**If you feel strongly about sending Michael a card or personal gift, you may send it to:

Michael Bolton

c/o Michael Bolton Charities

P.O. Box 936

Branford, CT 06405

U.S.A.

*Note that the deadline for recieving cards and presents is February 20th 2013, whether you send them to either Gail or Michael Bolton Charities.

Views: 16927

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Gail, thanks so much for posting the pertinent info here so there's no guess work and the info is available to everyone. Thanks for the update on contacting Andrena, take care sweetie. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada :D

Thanks for info Gail,

Just made a donation on the MBC site and will contact Adrena to let her know. The contribution may be needed now to assist with Hurricane Sandy needs as MB sees appropriate and very happy to help out.

Sincerely,

Kathy T. :-)

Thanks Gail...that is super!!! I will definitely be making a donation :))) 

Kathy and LAFD Bob

Thank you Gail for all the info and many thanks to Andrena for her time and consideration to take all the extra work involved in our contributions for Michael's Birthday gift. Will send a donation as soon as I can.

Take Care,

Kellie

Hi all

I like the idea of Ami of a fabric wallhanging. I'm in.

Silvy from Switzerland

Glad to have you join in!  Amie

Hey Amie,

I told my daughter Meggy about your idea, she liked it, too! Now we have to figure out how to put ours together! I'll try to start on it next week:)! I just don't know what to put on it...still thinking:)!

Mary (Meg's mom)!

Hi Mary, I'm glad to hear Meg thought it was a good idea! Your square doesn’t have to be anything fancy: all we need is your name and location, the rest is sprinkles on the icing on the cake, know what I mean? :D It’s not an art contest sweetie: you can keep it simple and classy or get creative, that’s your choice. As I’ve said before, it’s just a small way of giving Michael a little piece of us. :D In any case, you have until February to think about it, so no rush. Take care Mary. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada :D

Glad to have you join in.  You can do anything you want with your square as long as you leave a bit at the edges for me to stitch it all together with the others.  This is turning out to be more cool than I imagined!  Have fun brainstorming your memento for Michael.  We're not into any big rush yet.  Cheers, Amie

Have you heard from anyone on your brain storm here? I still think the fabric thing's an awesome idea. You go girl. Boltonnut from L. A. CA who loves life. I've even thought of some of us going into getting Michael 5 dozen roses for his 60th.

Sylvie & I emailed about the fabric idea. Yeah, the donation to the MBC is cool in which I'm gonna try to do but this is more personal. It would be cool to know the total from all us fans to the MBC. It would be cool if several of us went on getting Michael 5 dozen roses? Poor idea, right? :) Boltonnut from L. A. CA who loves life. :)

Hey Robin,

You have a Great idea too, and if nobody has the cash to send, you could always add a dozen roses on your square:)! How's that my friend...that way you know he gets them from YOU:)! But really find out how much they are, post it and let the rest fall into place:)! I'm in for a couple of bucks...gotta send a few to his Charity for the people in that Aweful storm, too! We have plenty of time...don't sweat the small stuff:)!

Personally I like Yellow roses, too!

Mary (meg's mom)!

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service